Suggestions for Valentine's Day Gift

Anyone doing anything special this Valentine's Day for that significant other person in your life or your spouse?

joyful joyful
Feb '16

Mamma's Restaurant Heart Shaped Pizza (& balloon)

Ronnie Ronnie
Feb '16

We've decided to not go out this year for V-day, Instead we're going to pick out some top notch steaks and seafood at the market, Cooking it up at home and spending the evening eating ice cream while watching Netflix in bed. Maybe I'll light some candles lol.

Mom10
Feb '16

@mom10 love the idea. Saturday we are going to see Marc Anthony and Sunday going to Mattars Bistro for the first time.

jazzylee jazzylee
Feb '16

Saturday we're having a child free dinner at Istanbul in Flanders.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Feb '16

We are going to our annual murder mystery dinner. It's the night before V-day, which is good because my husband tends bar on Sundays and it falls on a Sunday this year.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

Going to Haunted Scarehouse in Wharton Friday night.

Hopeful Hopeful
Feb '16

Sushi in NYC, then Billy Joel at the Garden!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Feb '16

Tracey's Candy Shoppe for Belgium Chocolates.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '16

Where are you going for a murder mystery dinner? I always wanted to go to one.

behappydaily behappydaily
Feb '16

We will probably get takeout that night after church and then watch The Walking Dead season premiere.

Antimony Antimony
Feb '16

Going to brunch at Brickhouse tavern, something different this year as to not fight the dinner crowd

Now is when I really miss A&P, they used to do a seafood dinner for 2 that all I had to do was pop it in the oven for a few minutes, throw together a quick salad and we would have a lovely dinner at home with a bottle of wine that neither of us actually had to cook.

:( Now I'm not sure what to do about dinner... I hope to find something similar.

I don't like going out on Valentine's Day... I hate the "special" menus and usually everything is more expensive and crowded.

We don't go crazy on gifts either, a small but thoughtful gift. This year it's a bottle opener - sounds silly I know but hubby loves craft beers and our old bottle opener broke, so I found a very nice one to replace it with.

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Feb '16

Beef Wellington from Wegmans... fine dining at a reasonable price.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '16

dadogmomma - I was just at Weis and they had seafood dinners for 2 at the butcher/seafood counter. I didn't look closely enough to see exactly what was included, bit it looked like lobster tails, maybe crab cakes and clams.

Lifeistooshort
Feb '16

behappydaily - It's at the Belvidere Manor (Belvidere Firehouse) and is run by the Sons of the American Legion out of Belvidere. The actors are from Country Gate Playhouse in Belvidere. It's a great time. $40 per person includes appetizers, dinner, dessert, show and beer and soda.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

We buy each other fishing licenses. Romantic, I know. I did get an early gift of a rose bush, to plant outside in the spring (counting the minutes, bbbrrr) and a bag of Twix bars, yummy!

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Feb '16

Lifeistooshort thank you!!! I'm checking that out today!

ianimal - I wish we had a Wegmans closer, that sounds so good...

The other "special" treat we got last year that I hope they are doing again this year is Das Creamery had little individual heart ice cream treats - they were like small cakes on top of a chocolate round that you normally find ice cream sandwiches made out of. Delicious and adorable! I pass them on my way home from work, so I'm going to see if they have them this year.

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Feb '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.