How long ago was this forum started?

I'm just curious to learn how long the forum began. Who started it?

Darleen Darleen
Feb '16

I'm not sure of the actual year it started, but I've been here since 2007. It was started by the owner of the site, who is a local person. I'm not at liberty to disclose their name.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

That's fine. I don't need a name. I think the forum is wonderful and just wondered how long you've all "been together".

Darleen Darleen
Feb '16

Calico, why such a secret? I would think the person who started it would want to be known!

1988LJ 1988LJ
Feb '16

There are some things we just are not supposed to say, especially on social media.

I've probably burnt a bridge forever by being critical of WRNJ on this site, not that I ever had much of a chance to earn a living wage there in the first place.

Humanity will probably never evolve to the level where everyone can be totally honest all the time without suffering consequences.

The human psyche is just too fragile for such complete openness.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Feb '16

I'm proud of that person. Thank you for bringing a lot of people together. I think our PV Social Group will become successful as a result of the forum. I've learned so much from all of you.

Darleen Darleen
Feb '16

Darleen here is a post asking the same question in 2012 http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/436105

and another one from 2006.......I use to be happytobeme and have been posting almost since day one.

I guess 2006 is as close as a date as we're going to get.

littlelu littlelu
Feb '16

It's amazing!

Darleen Darleen
Feb '16

Calico, why such a secret? I would think the person who started it would want to be known!

1988LJ

A local paper did an article on the owner/starter of this site, so He/She (note I didn't reveal the gender of the person lol) is known

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Feb '16

I forgot the second link....... http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/224

and Clyde Potts.........if anyone reads one of the older threads the persons name is in there.........I don't understand the secrecy either.........?????

littlelu littlelu
Feb '16

The first post was in January of 2006:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/1

From earlier research I found that while I was reading it for a while, my first post was in June of '08, so I joined the "party" a bit less than a year and a half after the forum started.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '16

I "think" the forum owner got tired of receiving threats for lawsuits (from local businesses) for some of the comments posted here and prefers to be anonymous

Brad2
Feb '16

Wow...Happy 10 Year Anniversary Hackettstown Life!!! :-)

Yes indeed, Happy 10th to the place we love and sometimes don't quite love;-)

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '16

Whomever the owner is, Thank You! I respect your need to remain anonymous if that is what you need for good reason and your efforts to keep this site monitored and up and running- I am sure it is alot more work than most of us realize.

Thank you for providing this rather expansive community service!

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Feb '16

I moved to the area in 2009, and I have found this forum very helpful and a good tie to the community. I am grateful to its founder.

Jenn* Jenn*
Feb '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.