Snow storm Feb 8-10?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA9ud-CnI7s&feature=youtu.be

Pattern and ensemble guidance is screaming for a major winter storm in the Feb 8-10 period. Upper levels look very favorable. Surface solution (snow/rain lines and accumulations) is TBD but we'll likely have a good idea by this weekend. I'll keep you in the know. Be safe! JC

just coach just coach
Feb '16

oooh I hope so!! Now that we have room for more!

ILuv snow
Feb '16

YES!!

darluggh darluggh
Feb '16

We got a snow blower now, so it really shouldn't snow much. The best insurance policy to prevent a snow storm is to be prepared...lol.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Feb '16

We need to keep an eye on tomorrow morning's commute. The coastal low developing along yesterday's cold front could surprise some folks down along the Jersey shore, up into NYC and LI tomorrow morning.

As for us in Warren County, right now we're too far west but the models have been trending west so don't let your guard down just yet especially if your Friday morning commute takes you east toward NYC.....

NOAA is showing a 50% chance of snow on Monday night and a 50% chance of snow on Tuesday.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

Well I'm waiting for Liberty Thinkers prediction before I start to prepare for this storm

Darwin Darwin
Feb '16

LIberty Thinker was like Panasonic, slightly ahead of his time with his prediction. I believe I had 3-6 inches of snow left in my yard before the rain storm on Wednesday!

I am banking on Vic being right on the mark this go round with predictions.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Feb '16

I keep checking Frankie MacDonald's Facebook page. I hope he doesn't post a "massive blizzard to hit NJ" video again anytime soon. He was spot on with the mega storm we got two weeks ago, spot on with the storm that hit Iowa and Wisconsin earlier this week and spot on with what is hitting New Brunswick right now (that's the province in Canada, not the city in NJ LOL).

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

This morning's storm trended west. 3" in Butler and 8" just east of the city. Yet only 1" at Mtn Creek.

Keep an eye on this storm next week. Models want to keep it east but it could be a real powerhouse if everything comes together just right.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Feb '16

How about it, Bryan?

Denise Denise
Feb '16

We've got a massively crazy job at work on the 9th that will only get cancelled for a massive storm... I for one am hoping for a gigantic hit, otherwise this job will be abysmal.

Brendan Brendan
Feb '16

Forget about any job related things, February 9th is when the Devils retire the jersey of the best goalie to ever play the game. The King that actually has a few cups, Marty Brodeur!

btownguy btownguy
Feb '16

Bryan_NC, keep checking back on the H-town website for your predictions, your always right on!! Will be checking back for your forecast for next week!

colem11
Feb '16

I will be posting a prediction shortly... any guess on the this very complex 3 low pressure systems all in a row would just silly... Lets review all the data in morning before we starting throwing any numbers and or timing... and let me remind everyone the last big storm we had all the models were all over the place and it was not until hours and I am truly saying hours before it hit did weather experts all agreed it was going to be one for the ages!!! I love snow and I love watching these storms develop give it a little more time it might just surprise us!!!

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Feb '16

Thanks LT.
I wanna cut and paste your good sense and send it to every hype yellin'-storm trackin'-get yer eggs-milk- 'n bread now!-talkin' media weather person across the dial! (especially the Weather Channel folks!)

Hipster Hipster
Feb '16

Re: Snow storm Feb 8-10?

Concerning this past Thursday's storm. Just 35 miles separates NJ from a 4.5" snowfall and 11.5" on Long Island. Incredible!

Also some prime cuddling weather on tap for of all days!!!...... Valentine's Day!! Where temps really look to bottom out in the region around this period coupled with some wicked wind chills.

Winter ain't over fellow snow lovers...

So, is this one a dud? So far NOAA says "less than one inch" (they say it twice, so maybe around 1" LOL)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Feb '16

Right now it looks like several strung out smaller storms. Probably nuisance type events with some locally higher amounts depending on exactly where this all sets up. You usually don't know details on these type of storms until they start developing.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Feb '16

The low pressure system over the great lakes that had the possibility of getting us on Monday did not arrive in time to meet up with the low off the east coast... there is a chance they meet farther up north near Boston at what intensity is still to be determined... another low will form but it is truly to difficult to predict any timing or strength of that one! Enjoy your warm Sunday maybe even wash you car and truck :) ... I did and my wife is happy!!! .....Warning extreme cold snap is arriving towards the end of the week get your firewood in the house so don't have to keep opening the doors!!!

Feb '16

any predictions for tonight/tomorrow snow? Just read its changing to be more snow in NJ? I trust this thread more than i do weather.com!

mom of one mom of one
Feb '16

Just saw it will be south of us. Maybe a trace to 2" for us. Seems like every station has a different report.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Feb '16

From what I've heard on Channel 5, it seems like it'll be enough to be noticeable and probably a delayed opening for the kids. Not a blizzard though.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Feb '16

The radar imaging from Mt Holly sure has changed a lot in the past few hours.

Any updates?

nathaliewb nathaliewb
Feb '16

All, We might be getting another light dusting over night.... nothing to be very concerned about - it could cause a few delayed opens in our area... Again (WARNING) Extreme "COLD" this weekend... please plan for the coldest temperatures this year!

Feb '16

I got a text from Washington Twp. (Morris Co.) at 7:29AM that 1-3 inches were expected between tonight and 6AM Wednesday.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '16

@ Phil.... that sounds right!!! and if we get 3 I personally will be surprised!!

Feb '16

Re: Snow storm Feb 8-10?

Eastern PA's final call map.

http://epawaweather.com/weather-alerts/

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

Looks like Liberty Thinker was pretty right on with this non event in our area. And, he did predict the major cold snap before anyone else that I saw- Thanks LT- I didn't change major life plans thanks to your spot on forecast! ;>)

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Feb '16

I saw on Weather Underground that they are calling for a fairly significant snowfall next Monday. I understand it is a ways out, but would love to hear some initial thoughts on what we might actually see.

geeze- I just checked Accuweather thru next Tuesday and all I see is - freezing -frigid --no precip

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '16

@ Kurt - Really to early to call but it is looking to start as snow change to freezing rain / sleet then to rain... we will need every weather expert to chime in on this one!!! This storms all depends how much cold air is in place...

Feb '16

Uh oh. We'd better start a new thread for the 15th. NOAA says 40% chance Monday and 60% chance Monday night.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.