Jersey Girl Brewing

I figure it was time to start talking about them especially since they loom to open in March

Craftbeerguy Craftbeerguy
Jan '16

So excited for the new breweries coming to Hackettstown!

somechik somechik
Jan '16

When I found out about "Jersey Girl", I thought they were putting the cart before the horse, by creating the facility before they had a BrewMaster.
Did they originally have someone that "backed out"?

Ethel Noll Ethel Noll
Jan '16

Why is Jersey Girl in "quotations"?

BeerFan
Jan '16

Jersey Girl is in quotes because there are no girls - just a couple of middle aged guys.I admit when I heard this it broke my heart a little bit because the idea of a brewery owned by actual Jersey Girls sounded pretty damn cool.

Having said that, I love that we will have all these breweries in town! Great time to be a beer drinker in Hackettstown!

Wait...so we will have Manskirt Brewing on Main St, the other one (forgot name) in the old Ford service dept building and Jersey Girls Brewing where?

This is great! I love Manskirt beers and ales so far, can't wait to taste everything!

Heidi Heidi
Jan '16

Sandshore road mount olive

Craftbeerguy Craftbeerguy
Jan '16

From their Instagram page:

Jersey Girl Brewing Company is excited to announce the hiring of its Head Brewer, Jodi Andrews-Stoudt. Jodi has been involved professionally in the brewing trade in the North East, New England and Mid-Atlantic region for over 23 years. Jodi brings passion and broad knowledge of beer styles and brewing to the Jersey Girl Brewery operations. Jodi’s career experience spans opportunities where she has performed and managed all aspects of Brewhouse operations and staffing. She has been responsible for new recipe formulation as well as developing customized cask and barrel ageing programs working with Rum, Bourbon, Whiskey, Tequila and Wine barrels.
More personally, Jodi is a brewer, a baker, and a sauerkraut maker. She began her brewing career in the early 90's at Boston Beer Works and has won a lot of bling for her beers including 11 GABF medals. In addition to being an award winner for her beers, Jodi is a long time Great American Beer Festival judge and after her judging sessions she can be found drinking martini's at the Cruise Room with her brewing compatriots in Denver, Colorado. Jodi is also known as Sauerkraut, she enjoys a good bowl of Ramen, chatting with her gnomes and being a mother to an 8yo banshee. Oh one more thing, Jodi hates celery, so don't even think of asking for a celery beer. Nope.

BeerFan BeerFan
Feb '16

Congrats to Jersey Girl Brewing in hiring a head brewer, Jodi Andrews-Stoudt! From what they put up on facebook, it seems she's got some renown and brews some great beers. Looking forward to having her as part of the Hackettstown beer scene!

Check out the info on https://www.facebook.com/jerseygirlbrewing

CzigMeister
Feb '16

o m g, how cool is this ? EIn(e) Stoudt for brew(ster) Wow, we were buying Stoudt's kegs as the only, best, alternative, after Vernon Valley Old World closed. Our ''beer'' cup runnuth over - how about some ''schlaf Zimmer'' space near the tap room? I will reserve ein ''Zapfhahn'' for the first issue ! RF

roger roger
Feb '16

Grand opening for them is April 15
https://www.facebook.com/events/227787557578432/

Wine Country Wine Country
Mar '16

www.dailyrecord.com

Woo Brew!

Good luck to them!!

Looking forward to checking them out!
CHEERS!! :)

Heading over tonight for a pint or two.

I'm sure it will be a madhouse for awhile. I will wait until the initial excitement wears off and then check it out. Enjoy all!

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '16

I was able to spend some time at Jersey Girls this weekend and really enjoyed it. The people are great and the place is huge. Currently there are four beers on tap but they are planning on rapidly expanding that. They sell growlers there or will fill someone else's. Tours are done, normally on the hour. If you get the chance check it out. I will definitely be back!

red76nj red76nj
Apr '16

Was there yesterday with some friends, I'm not a beer drinker, but did like the beers they had. Great people working there. Got my Jersey Girl tee shirt. Good luck to them

Happy girl Happy girl
Apr '16

The interior was nice with lots of space but I wasn't overly impressed with their beer. I'll stick to Manskirt.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Apr '16

3 of the 4 beers i enjoyed. i was not a fan of the Pale Ale at all; that final note was too bitter for my tastes. i enjoyed the ESB the most of the remaining 3 and drank that. my wife had the Porter which she really liked. i didn't find it as good as Manskirt's Porter, however. and the place overall is nice; big as mentioned. it'll be interesting to see how they do going forward with new beers, events, etc.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Apr '16

Manskirt's Porter is very nice...going to be tough be top that beer....Something very special about it.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Apr '16

The pale ale was by far the best of the four at Jersey Girl. And yes Man Skirt does the porter quite well. Was there Saturday. I was given a sneak taste of Man Skirts next sxpecial batch. WOW I will need a growlerful.

I checked out their website and would recommend that they sell women's t-shirts. Personally, I'm not ever going to wear a t-shirt that says "Jersey Girl" on it, but lots of women would love it. But most women don't like t-shirts that are cut for a man, unless they're going to sleep in it. So... the marketing is kind of off-kilter, IMO.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '16

If the marketing is off-kilter, then it will be no good for Man Skirt, either.......

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '16

I see what you did there... (-;

ianimal ianimal
Apr '16

I like beer--- but hell, drinking a beer called Jersey Girl VS Man Skirt is debatable as to which I need to explain myself to my ball busting brother in laws...

I get that Jersey girls are proud. Good. I'll stop by and check it out.

Man Skirt? C'mon..

If I go there, which am I going to see first- Bruce Jenner or a tranny in the bathroom?

(and you are about to respond to flame me- loosen up from your political correct miserable life!!)

:)

Based on your post Josh you may like this New Jersey brewery. I plan a visit soon myself.

http://www.dementedbrewing.com/

We went to the opening Friday night. I liked the facility - the back room with picnic tables was a great place to hang out. I thought it was great how many people showed up in support. I was not really impressed with the beers though. The Pale was most to my liking, but I was hoping for something a little more creative than the offered lineup. I do understand they need to appeal to the masses though. It's fantastic we'll have three breweries, but I hope they're not just all pumping out the same stuff. I have high hopes for Czig to really knock it out of the park with unexpected twists on the same old styles, and to brew other styles (IPAs, fruit, wheat, sour, saison, etc). Jersey Girl's brewer is supposed to be quite talented as well, so I hope they'll let her spread her wings. Regardless, I'm really excited that these three breweries chose Hackettstown, and wish them tons of success!

craftbrewlover craftbrewlover
Apr '16

Beer is good to drink.

Hank Arthur
Apr '16

"Manskirt's Porter is very nice...going to be tough be top that beer....Something very special about it." -CraftBeerBob

i compare every Porter i drink to Joe's now. i use his as the benchmark as his is the 1st Porter i've come to really love and could drink all the time. i've even told him that which he was very humble in hearing me say.

"I have high hopes for Czig to really knock it out of the park with unexpected twists on the same old styles, and to brew other styles (IPAs, fruit, wheat, sour, saison, etc)." -craftbrewlover

i heard someone ask 1 of the bartenders about doing a hefeweizen and the bartender said they have plans to do all sorts of different styles but would not comment on specifically what ones. so fingers crossed for some good 1's!

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Apr '16

Y'all are pretty funny :) Thanks for all the kind words on my porter! Now I know why I can't keep it in stock...

I was at Jersey Girl's grand opening. I also thought the Pale was their best beer. Clean, bright, great hop character. I brought a growler of that and the ESB back to Man Skirt to share with my customers, and everyone seemed to enjoy.

For those who didn't like their beer, I'd give them a little more leeway. Jodi is brewing on a brand new system and still working out the kinks. These are their very first batches--there was no time for tweaking before opening the doors. We brewers wait a long time to get our licenses and want to get test batches into peoples' hands ASAP.

If you look at my brew log, I have my Porter listed as "The Great Porter II (tinker edition)" because it took two versions and a lot of tinkering to get it tasting the way it does today.

So beer lovers, be sure to give them another chance. It might take a few batches to really nail down their recipes and process. I know I'll be going back soon!

-Joe

Joe Fisher Joe Fisher
Apr '16

Joe,

You are 100% right. You would be amazed how many people do not understand that beer is not only a recipe of various ingredients that can greatly change the taste- but also a living thing that changes with time.

I have not yet made it up the hill to Jersey girl, but was able to sample the pale ale Joe brought down the hill for us locals. It was very nice, and i plan to make it up there ASAP. What I really relish is the genuine joy the three brewers express about bringing beer to us hicks out here in western Jersey. They really seem like they relish the shared experience( competition intentionally not used) and I for one think it will make them all produce better products. Which quite selfishly I plan to benefit from.

Won't be able to stop up there as often, since it's just outside of walking distance. But it will enter into the rotation of places to buy beer. Really looking forward to Czig opening so I can keep two tabs open on the same night and still stumble home.

Agust Agust
Apr '16

"...you would be amazed how many people do not understand that beer is not only a recipe of various ingredients that can greatly change the taste- but also a living thing that changes with time."

Especially when the brettomyces strain is brought into the equation. I just bought a bomber of Stone's Enjoy After 4/20/2017. It's currently in a cool secluded area of my basement next to my bomber of Enjoy After 10/31/2016.

iphone-imal iphone-imal
Apr '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.