Recommendation for an area dermatologist

Can anyone please recommend an area dermatologist please?

THEMORP
Jan '16

I would highly recommend Dr. Andrew Li. He has offices in Hackettstown, at Hackettstown hospital, Phillipsburg and Easton. Telephone number is 908-387-1195..he also does Mohs surgery and cosmetology...

joyful joyful
Jan '16

Ditto to joyful's recommendation: Dr. Li.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Jan '16

I have used Dr. Blackwell for 5 yrs now. His PA is wonderful and they are very good with patients I have found. Office in Hackettstown near hospital and also outside of Newton.

wendola wendola
Jan '16

Dr Li. My mom from PA even comes over here to see him.

Yesterday I went for the first time to Natural Image Skin Center on Bilby Road, Hackettstown (908-509-1938) and saw Dr Nicole Rocca. I liked her and was impressed with the friendly staff. I understand Dr Stephen Nervi of the practice is very good as well. They also have an office in Livingston.

Wonderful Wonderful
Jan '16

Natural image.... very good!

I saw Nervi! Very nice. He took some cancer cells off my mothers face and nose. and you cant tell.

Christine Christine
Jan '16

I have used Rocca and Nervi at Natural Image in the past and they are both good.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jan '16

Dr Blackwell. Hands down'

Do NOT go to Geller. !

Agreszczak Agreszczak
Jan '16

I second Dr Nicole Rocca at Natural Image!

Rocca and Nervi are awesome!

bepositive bepositive
Jan '16

Some recommendations here too

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/682373

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '16

Dr. Rocca and Dr. Nervi are both excellent.

Liberty_Mom Liberty_Mom
Jan '16

Dr. Nervi, I heard was excellent, from family members. Like Agreszczak said, avoid Dr. G.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Jan '16

Another vote for Dr. Rocca & Dr. Nervi.

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Jan '16

Do not ever go to Dr. Geller.

Elizabeth Elizabeth
May '16

I use Natural Image as well. I have been to Alyssa Russo, physicians assistant Very good..

Dr. Rocca. Switched to her from Associated Dermatologists in Succasunna, (awful place and service) and never regretted it.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
May '16

I love Dr. Rocca.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
May '16

I truly did like this practice until over the weekend.. I apparently had a follow up apt and I had forgotten because my child was admitted to the hospital for a week. Since I missed the appointment, the next day they sent me a bill with a $25 charge for a no-show. I called and tried to explain my situation and I got "oh well that's the fee" I used to recommend this practice often but wont anymore because of this. Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances, its a shame that there is no consideration given.

disappointed disappointed
Nov '16

100000000% Dr.Nervi at Natural Image. Very caring and thorough.
Had two MOHS procedures and have no visible scars.

Really???
Nov '16

I tried Natural Image and Dr Gellar. Didnt have him. Had his "assistant"(?)
NOT happy with either office.
I will try Dr. Li.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jan '17

Dr Blackwell

Ziggy Ziggy
Jan '17

Disappointed - if they made an exception for you they would have to make it for everyone. It's a business.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Jan '17

Does anyone have experience with cyst removal? Is a dermatologist the right doctor to see for this?

Tracy Tracy
Jun '17

Yes a dermatologist can help you. But whatever you do, DO NOT go to Dr.Geller.

Simplelivin
Jun '17

If it's painful AND possibly infected you can go to the ER also. I had a nasty one on my eye..........and it must have been a day my doc was not in and I went to the er. They put me on an antibiotic drip but they did not drain it and im sure I didnt have to go have it drained either........the antibiotic seemed to do the trick.

There are so many different kind of cysts that who knows what you'll need done, but wanted to mention the ER in case you cant find a doc right away.

littlelu littlelu
Jun '17

I've had a couple removed at Natural Image. Quick & easy.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Jun '17

My primary drained a cyst for me but that was about 21 years ago.

jrsemom jrsemom
Jun '17

I have been to Dr.Geller twice now
Both times I saw his assistant and also saw him
He's a bit of but other than that I think he's providing the right treatment for my daughter
What is so bad about that office if you don't mind me asking so I know what yo look for when I go back in 2 weeks

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Jun '17

Another vote for either doctor at natural image!!

laughalittlemore laughalittlemore
Jun '17

If it's one of those big things it would be a surgeon.

Scottso Scottso
Jun '17

I agree with Scottso. A Dermatologist is good for a lot of things pertaining to the skin but I would first see a Doctor or better yet a surgeon to make sure that simple cyst is nothing more serious than what it appears to be. I had one on the back of my ear for quite a while and it wound up being precancerous...Yes, I went to a surgeon to have it removed..

Joyful Joyful
Jun '17

I've gone to dr Rocca at natural image in Hackettstown
And dr Janjua in bedminster. Both are very good.

Dr Janjua is a dermatologist and surgeon. He has removed items for me and tested for issues

Dr Rocca and Dr Nervi are wonderful!

Terry P
Jun '17

See Dr. Andrew Li in Hackettstown.

Rocca and Nervi!

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '17

Thanks for the recs, everyone. I assume if it was of greater concern, a dermatologist would refer me elsewhere, no? I've shown it to my primary, and she wasn't concerned. It's on my scalp.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '17

I called Dr Andrew Li. Does not have office in Hackettstown anymore. Phillipsburg. Odd experience just making appt. Was on speaker phone. All I heard was echoing. Kept cutting out. Seemed like she was yelling. Only asked for first name and phone #. No last name. Before I could say thank you, she hung up. Hmm.....maybe I'll look for someone else.

Jan '18

just looked at his reviews online - wouldn't be my first choice- Rocca and Nervi - lots of good reviews and recommendations

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '18

My friend is an RN that works for a dermatologist in Flemington. She advises strongly against using Dr. Li.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

4catmom- thanks.
I used Nervi once and wasn't happy.

Thanks Calico.

I may call Dr. Blackwell

Jan '18

If you don't mind driving to Flemington Dr. Sisack and Dr. Errickson at Hunterdon Center from Dermatology are excellent.

http://www.hunterdonhealthcare.org/service/primarycare/specialty-care-centers/hunterdon-center-for-dermatology/

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

Rocca and Nervi are great, but be aware, they are scheduling months out

rleaf rleaf
Jan '18

rleaf - Unfortunately, that is the case for most dermatologists.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '18

Dr Li office gave me appt for next Wednesday.

Wasn't happy with Dr Nervi

Thanks

Jan '18

Bothered - what was the problem with Dr. Nervi as I was thinking of making an appointment with his office?

hackettstownlifer
Jan '18

Wondering what office you are going to for Dr. Li, Botheredbyuu2?...He used to have a office in Hackettstown but now it is either Phillipsburg or Easton. . We think he is great! The only thing is his office is always packed and you might be waiting a while. My husband has been going to him for years now...

joyful joyful
Jan '18

Natural Image, awesome awesome awesome. Saved me from a nasty tick bite infection.

Queen Bee
Jan '18

Dr. Stephen Seibt in Livingston, I know that’s kind of a hike but he is the most caring and pleasant dermatologist I have ever been to, and trust me I have had my fair share of searching for a good dermatologist.

Joy147 Joy147
Jan '18

I don't know why people are bashing Dr Gellar I've been to him many times He removed a cyst I had and treated a skin problem I had perfectly and it's never come back. He is friendly and prompt and competent

Grigori Grigori
Jan '18

Dr. Li is a personable guy. Still, if I hadn't called his office to change my wife and I's appointment (made 6 months ago,) I never would have found out that the H'town office closed until we showed up this past Friday

Same thing happened to me a few years ago when his Rt.31 Washington office closed - took the day off of work and came to a locked door and dark office on that day.

He seems to hire barely competent people, or does not train them well.

Either way, his practice seems to cost his patients time...

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Jan '18

Joyful - my appt is in Phillipsburg. When I asked for the address, she told me to check the website. What kind of answer is that? If I have an appt time, I better be seen within 20 mins, or Ill leave. I hate that! My time is just as valuable as his. Also, whoever I spoke to never asked me what I was coming in for. Found the whole thing very odd.

Hackettstownlifer - my personal opinion is he didn't seem to want to be bothered. Rushed me thru. I didn't care for his "bedside manner".

Jan '18

Just like many dermatology practices, Dr Li is extremely busy. He fits in patients between MOHS sections when they need to be tested. Definitely if you have a 20 minute window, then it's not going to work for you. I also like the guy very much like jjmonth4 mentioned. He's been great with my mom as well who had been very down on 3 different doctors in the Stroudsburg area. But the scheduling is definitely challenging - I'm OK with that but others may not be.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.