Verizon Wireless store on Mountain Ave.

Has anyone been to this business & how was your experience?

Bought my phone there a few weeks ago. Michele the manager is great. Always helpful. Definitely check it out.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Dec '15

Fantastic. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Highly recommend

Wonderful service, nice people. Will go above and beyond to help!

Mary Lou Mary Lou
Jan '16

I want to give a huge shout out to Verizon Wireless in Hackettstown. We are vacationing in Canada next month and I thought I would need a new plan. Sunny and Jeffrey were so helpful and actually gave me advice that did not cost me anything extra. Nice to be so well taken care of by our local business. Thanks Guys !!!

just coach just coach
Aug '16

I was surprised that Verizon Wireless has two stores in Hackettstown and AT&T is closing the one store that they have here. Is Verizon Wireless really that much better?

Hot under the collar
Aug '16

Are they corp stores or authorized retailers / big difference

skippy skippy
Aug '16

Stay away! An employee mentioned above at this store stole my Verizon login information and tried to have several new iphones shipped to someone in NY. Luckily, the phones were shipped to my address instead but Verizon said there was definitely some fraud attempt by an employee at this store.

nobueno
Aug '16

nobueno, I need to contact you privately
I bought phones there

just coach, what did they advise? We're cruising to Canada in October and I was anxious about being able to contact the kids back home.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '16

Do NOT go there. I was completely screwed by them and ow have to pay for 6 phones when I only have 3 that we are using. If I want to get them off I have to pay a "termination fee" for each phone.

Long story, but all I wanted to do was UPGRADE my existing phones to Iphone 6's from our older version and they screwed it all up, did not give me the right info, and now my bills are triple what they were and there is nothing I can do about it.

scammers.

Heidi Heidi
Aug '16

Neither of the locations in the area are Verizon stores, they are both resellers. Mountain Ave is Reliance Wireless, and Mansfield is Wireless Zone. The nearest Verizon store is in the Ledgewood area next to Burger King.

Wow, I had the same problem with them. I have called Verizon, went back to the store on Mt Ave, went to the Verizon store in Succasana, etc. but still no resolution and my bill went from around $215 per month to $480 but have the same number of phones and the plan is the same one we have had for 2 years. I agree, total scam artists there. I would stay far away. They must work on commission or something.

Laurel Laurel
Aug '16

oh no we recently bought a phone there! The first bill looked ok though.

What can be done when traveling to Canada? Is it possible to add a temporary international plan for the short term, then take it off when you get back?

hktownie hktownie
Aug '16

hktownie - I 'd call Verizon and ask

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

I have bought 3 phones with no issues. Service was great! Couldn't be happier.

Verizon has international plans for $30/ month. You can cancel when you get home. Just be careful. Data usage is limited. It was ok for my mother when visiting Ireland. I went over when I was in France using google maps to try not to get lost!

Canada may be cheaper. You can do it all online.

maja2 maja2
Aug '16

I purchased a tablet and two phones from this particular Verizon Store and have to say that my experience was nothing but good. The two young men working there helped me set up my phones and even got me a great deal on my tablet. I was charged activation fees and upgrade fees by Verizon and they got them waived off. I never experienced any sort of discrepancies on my bill. The people commenting above must have gone to the Wireless Zone over in Mansfield. My grandson went there and they asked for his full social security number, and guess what....2 days later he gets a call from Life Lock about fraud...

muybueno muybueno
Aug '16

Tracy, what part of Canada are you cruising to?

If you're going to the Thousand Island/St. Lawrence Region, you will probably be able to pick up a USA cell tower, at least sporadically. If you're going to Newfoundland or somewhere else up north, you need to pay $2 a day in addition to your regular charges. But you have to set it up with them ahead of time.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/international-travel-faqs/

ianimal ianimal
Aug '16

It's St. John, New Brunswick. So pretty close to the US.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '16

It might be pretty close to Maine, but it's a whole world away from the U.S. (-;

I think you'll be fine.

ianimal ianimal
Aug '16

Haha, now I'm scared for what you mean by that.

Thanks, though. I'm in the market for a new phone soon anyway, so I'll see what our options are then. The $2 a day thing sounds fine, if it's even necessary.

Excited. Our first real trip away from the little ones.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '16

Sounds beautiful, Tracy. Have a great trip.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '16

Enjoy Tracy! I've heard there's a river in St John that flows backward during high tide. Love Canada, we vacation there as often as we can.

hktownie hktownie
Aug '16

Myubueno -- No, I went to the one in Hackettstown, between the Fulton bank and the IHOP. I am glad you had a good experience, but I and a few others I know did not. It's kind of rude of you to make us sound stupid, just because your experience was good does not mean nobody else was scammed.

Heidi Heidi
Aug '16

Re: Verizon Wireless store on Mountain Ave.

Verizon Wireless-Reliance Wireless

First and foremost, we at Reliance Wireless appreciate each and every positive comment about our location. We encourage any Verizon customer to come to our location with any question: bill related, tech problem, plan question, information about new and upcoming devices, or even customers with other carries to price things out. We also encourage our customers to provide feedback on what we can do better to help serve each and every one. As far as this fraud attempt on nobueno’s account, we would like to get to the bottom of this. Factual information about this fraudulent attempt is recommended to be shown. We at Reliance Wireless are very honest hard working people that want to help serve and answer our customers. Our company strives on positive customer experience and we encourage every customer to share their experiences at our store. We have Facebook, Yelp, and a Google page that many customers have placed reviews about their time spent here and the customer service we provided. Any type of negative comment or review highly effects any business, large or small. We have had customers come in with simple to large bill questions and helped resolve each and every one of them. From our experiences we have made sure that all customers walk out with a smile on their face and feel great about doing business with us. This post nobueno has placed can highly damage a store’s reputation, especially in a small community. We at Reliance Wireless highly doubt nobueno was a customer of our store. NOBUENO come into the store and provide us with some documentation regarding this situation. We will get a hold of customer service and get the authorities involved if need be. Any time there is a question regarding activity on a person’s account, customer service immediately notifies the customer and the local store that last business was provided. In all honesty, we at Reliance Wireless think that nobueno placed a fraudulent post. There are many Verizon Wireless stores within a 20mile radius and it could be a competitor’s location or misinformation regarding which location this activity happened. We encourage each and every customer to come to us regarding any questions with their devices or bill.

Reliance Wireless Reliance Wireless
Aug '16

I am nobueno's wife. Within a week of them taking our information, multiple phones were being sent to our house. Someone kept trying to change our password and address to have phones shipped to New York. Granted, we have no actual proof, but we told the representatives at Verizon that we just visited this store and I witnessed the employee, Sonny, calling to reset my password and pretending to be my husband. They used the last for digits of his social security number and I watched him write it in his planner. It made me uncomfortable at the time, but I felt he was trying to help and felt foolish to ask for him to give me back the paper with the digits on it. I was so very foolish to trust him. I had to close our account and open it up with my name because with those digits, they were going to be able to go in and keep changing the password over and over again. I know I have no proof, but who else would have my phone number and the last four digits of my husband ss to keep changing our password? Seems like a huge coincidence to me. I would not take the chance.

nobueno'swife nobueno'swife
Aug '16

People are crazy paying $200 for phone bills, here's an advice for you, shop around tge prepaid, (you gave to bring your own phone tough) I have cricket wireless they use Att towers on the $50 plan , calling to canada and from Canada is free in my plan

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans

Or if you are a geek you can use Google voice app to make calls and text

TinkoDinko TinkoDinko
Aug '16

If you have the Verizon XL plan which I think is 16 gb data plan, you get free Mexico and Canada, no need to add the $2 a day fee.

Njchia Njchia
Aug '16

Yes, hktownie, the reversing rapids. We plan to check that out.

Tracy Tracy
Aug '16

The ONLY place you should go to deal with, or purchase, cellular service is from that company directly. I avoid 3rd party retailers like the plague. Go to the Verizon store in Ledgewood or down in Bridgewater and deal with VZW directly. You are actually dealing with the company and not a middle man in those locations. Never, ever, ever go to a 3rd party. They cannot do everything that the associates at the company owned stores can do. It's a road of heartache and tears to do otherwise.

jimmiesmommie jimmiesmommie
Aug '16

Consumer Cellular - also BYO phone - 3 phones $90.00 (incl taxes) a month - low Data but hot spots everywhere now--- agree with Tinko shop around :)

trekster3- trekster3-
Aug '16

Sonny and Jeff and the others have been nothing but FANTASTIC in solving all my issues. Don't accuse nobueno, unless you have proof. Why hurt this hard working man's reputation by saying things you are not 100% sure of.
I trust them all! Nothing but positive results.

Jackie Jackie
Aug '16

I agree, have had wonderful, kind service from those as Reliance, and to trash a hard-earned reputation because you "think" they might be responsible for something crazy that happened to you and which, from my reading, would make no sense for them to actually do - they would not benefit sufficiently to warrant the risk - is irresponsible. nobueno, muybueno, nobueno's wife - please, verizon said that there was "definitely fraud attempted at that store"? then why weren't charges filed. what competing store do you all work for?

pmnsk pmnsk
Aug '16

Just came back from Reliance Wireless on Mountain Ave. and had a great experience. Upgraded two phones, Sonny took care of us and did everything, including registering me for the free SD card which comes direct from Samsung. Very easy to deal with and even had some small customer services touches that I'm not used to at a Verizon store, offered me some water, shook my hand and walked me out LOL.

I know there's nothing he did that I couldn't have figured out myself or done with direct with Verizon over the phone, but I'm more than happy to support a local business that is obviously trying to do good for it's customers.

ScottB ScottB
Aug '16

I trust them both! I have talked to Sonny outside of the business and I love him! lol! Honest hard working young man. Very respectable!!! The store Manager Jeff, got me a great deal on my plan!!! I like to go there just to visit! Lol! But that's just me. I'm a happy customer, I trust them.

Joyce
Aug '16

Sounds like to me Noburo or whatever you call yourself is a competor. Lol!

Joyce
Aug '16

Good for you Joyce. Guess you don't care about those of us who did have major issues.

It always amazes me how people take a side and that's that. I'ts almost as if people like Joyce think we are making up stories to hurt a business. In my case, that's far from true. I and a few other's HAVE had issues that should not have happened. Also, the issue is THEY ARE NOT A VERIZON STORE so if you DO have an issue and call Verizon, or go to a REAL Verizon store (like the one in Ledgewood) they will tell you that they can't help you because you went to an unauthorized Verizon store.

The issue my family had should NEVER have happened if they knew what they were doing!

Heidi Heidi
Aug '16

Whenever I had an issue they couldn't solve, they called Verizon corporate. My bill comes from Verizon and they are the ones I bought the phones from. I take that as they are part of Verizon.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Aug '16

It always amazes me how people take a side and that's that.

Pot meet kettle

ScottB ScottB
Aug '16

After going to the Mansfield store, then traveling to Ledgewood, I never had any answers to why my iPhone was acting up. I decided to try this Verizon store on Mountain Ave, and I am so glad I did. Jeff helped me out, answered all my questions, was even able to lower my bill AND I upgraded to a new phone feeling 100% confident that I made the right choice. I will never go anywhere else. Thank you Jeff.. Please don't ever leave your job. Straight up honest, good man.

LuLu22 LuLu22
Sep '16

We have had anything but good experiences with Jeff at the store on Mountain Avenue. He is always helpful ,polite, and always kind to uslp....we have had issues with our phones, as we are older and we were having trouble learning how to use our phones......
He takes his time to help us, and even suggested things for us to lower our bill....I will never go anywhere else......I have sent people from work and they all come back with the same experience.....the other gentleman in the store ( his name escapes me at the moment) is also wonderful....Im happy we found this place......
We stop in so often, we bring them pretzles from Phillys up the street.....love this store and the employees....perhaps the people who had hard times were there when they first opened and there were different employees?

bowie bowie
Sep '16

I've used the VZW store on Mtn Ave for my past 3 or 4 phones. So has DH. Reliably great service - both friendly and knowledgeable. Quick transfer of my contacts from iPhone to iPhone, which is frankly indispensable to me. They invariably know the answer to any technical questions I might have (in fact I was in there today asking about the new 7plus). I personally wouldn't go anywhere else for my upgrades.

Rebecka Rebecka
Sep '16

My husband had bad experience at this store ..long story short, they could not/would not help him, so he had to go to main store in Ledgewood. Very disappointing.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Sep '16

I also had a great experience with sonny and avi at hackettstown Verizon. They set me up and saved me money. Very professional and i highly recommend them!

Njnick Njnick
Sep '16

always good service and help - even when we found that our phone was "broken" due to our having left the plastic screen cover on it!! no judgement please, LOL
Seriously, very nice, patient and easy to work with people.

rjust rjust
Sep '16

Avi, Sonny, and Jeff are remarkable. Avi' leadership and customer service oriented mentality is the heart and soul of the business there at the Mountain Ave location. The only aspect he cares about is excellent customer service and making his customers have a positive experience. He he is a business owner that "gets it" and knows business will follow outstanding customer service. I have gone there for all of my issues, my family issues and even work issues. I have recommended them to co workers and they have all had positive experiences there. Avi sets a new standard in customer service there and expects nothing less from his employees...and it shows in Sonny and Jeff's performance. I guarantee if you have had an issue in the past with them (highly doubtful) then go there again to see how they resolve it. You won't be disappointed. Avi, Sonny, and Jeff thank you for everything and keep up the unmatched outstanding customer service and knowledgable expertise. To everyone else, your full of it.

John America
Oct '16

I have backed these guys since day one, but something is wrong over there. They seem like they don't want to be bothered. Seem annoyed and definitely have attitudes. May be under paid? Definitely not over worked because many times there's no one in there. Different employees every week. Come on guys, get it together.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Aug '17

They get a big thumbs down in my book. I needed a new sim card for a backup phone I needed to activate this morning. I know for a fact that they- meaning the franchises get the sim cards free from Verizon corporate. I went to grab one and they stated it was $20. I informed them we both know they are free to them and should be to me. He would not accommodate me. All I needed was the card I would do everything else online myself.
I understand since they are not a corporate store they can charge what they want but c'mon it cost them nothing. Now it cost them a customer and hopefully anyone that I mention this too. Even the person at corporate I just complained to about this agreed. She said it's a sin that the stores do that kind of stuff.

So you are mad that a store that is in business to make money will not give stuff away free. Alright then!

I agree Greg. I like the guys personally, but there is a big difference between there and the corporate store in ledgewood. I needed the same thing and got a sim in ledgewood no problem.....I am sorry to say.

Scottso Scottso
Jan '18

They still need to stock/track/activate? If not $20, $10 would be fair?

JDem, Verizon corporate stated several times that these cards are offered free of charge. In addition some franchises give them away as well as they should since it cost them zero from Verizon. This particular franchise chooses not to offer them free to customers. I explained to them I simply needed the card and I would do everything else. It required him to not even stand up just reach in the drawer and hand me the card. So yes I'm complaining and I find it annoying.
I drove to Ledgewood, walked in and out in under 10 minutes with the Sim card installed and the phone activated. I shared my experience with the person in Ledgewood about the store in Hackettstown and they said it doesn't surprise them whetever that meant.

Sim card may be free, but the property costs, employee expenses, etc. remain - you pay for the convenience of popping in to a local store - rather than driving to other stores and incurring travel expenses, use your time, etc. All items cost less to the store than they charge -that's the nature of business...

rleaf rleaf
Jan '18

That calculation only works within certain limits rleaf. $20 vs. free with a drive to ledgewood is a pretty significant spread. I'd pay a couple bucks for the convenience but not much more.

Scottso Scottso
Jan '18

convenience, time spent - up to you, obviously, and you can certainly debate the price it's worth, but I can see why they would charge something

rleaf rleaf
Jan '18

Just left this store and by far the BEST customer service ever!

Ziggy Ziggy
Feb '18

I have to comment on the horrible experience I had at the Reliance Wireless store in Hackettstown on Mt. Ave. I went in to replace my current cell phone with a newer model. That's all I needed. Since I was such a good customer for over 20 years I was given 2 "free" tablets and 2 "free" Hums for my car. I was shocked when I received the bill from Verizon! Normally my bill is around $175.00 a month for 2 phones, that month is was almost $500.00! I immediately went back to store to return the tablets and hums but I was told they would "take care" of the activation fees and to keep everything. I was charged an activation fee for each device and separate line charge and mobile protection for each device. I did use one of the tablets but not the other devices. After calling the store a dozen time and stopping in 4 times I finally returned the devices but still had to call customer service 3 times. I am hoping the issue is resolved but I will never go back to this store! It was one of WORST experiences I have ever had with a store.

lessonlearned lessonlearned
Jan '19

Beyond delightful. My family and I went to try save money on our bill and were greeted by 2 very kind and helpful employees. They worked together to get us the very best deals possible. We walked out with 3 brand new phones and were still able to save $10 on our bill. Reliance Wireless just earned our business for life

MC Hammer
Dec '19

I purchased a phone on sale for $300 at Reliance Wireless in Sept. 2020, however the phone showed up on my Verizon bill for $830. Even though I have repeatedly visited the store, Reliance has yet to make the correction. I've since spoken to others who have had similar experiences at Reliance. GO TO A VERIZON IN LEDGEWOOD.

Jill Harding Jill Harding
Feb '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Verizon Wireless store on Mountain Ave.
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.