Please pray for Dr. Dave Rygielski RIP

Pray for dr dave rygielski they wont post his site here so just pray - if they allow that on here. He has cancer and needs the power of prayer immediately Thank you God Bless

Davidrygielski Davidrygielski
Dec '15

He has a go fund me page. Stay strong Dr. Dave.Go to Longvalley patch.com for more information.

lvresident lvresident
Dec '15

Praying ..

Tigger Tigger
Dec '15

Praying

Kelso
Dec '15

He has been our family doctor for years. The most caring doctor I've ever met. My family and I will be praying for you Dr. Dave.

positive positive
Dec '15

I have been going to him for 25 yrs, such a great man always caring about others before himself, and would spend as much time with a patient as needed. Very easy to talk with about your medical issues. May God look out for him in his time of need and prayers for him at this time.

wendola wendola
Dec '15

Dr Dave all we can hope for is for you to get well the best that you can their are many types of well wishing our there and I hope you find the ones you need , blessed be to you and your family may your spirit guide find you and walk with you though the trying times ahead good luck and be blessed

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Dec '15

Praying

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Dec '15

Praying very hard!

Dansker Dansker
Dec '15

You are in our prayers.

Dr Rygielski is a good doctor and needs support in his time of need with prayer along the go fund me drive. Provide one if not both if you can.

Dr. Dave...You are in my thoughts and prayers..

joyful joyful
Dec '15

Dr. David Rygielski is one in a million. He has been my family doctor for at least 20 years. Please pray for him. If you can donate any amount of money or want to leave him a message letting him know you are thinking /praying for him please go to gofundme.com and type in dr. dave's cancer fund. God bless.

Momma T Momma T
Dec '15

Sending prayers for you Dr. Dave. Just heard of your trouble today. Keep the faith.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Dec '15

Prayers sent.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Dec '15

Praying for you and your family
God Bless

Hackmom Hackmom
Dec '15

Our prayers are with you. We will try to make them go viral- come on people- post and pray everywhere. He can combine his new spirituality with his brilliant medicine technique and wow what a blessing for the community!!
His message is of the importance of self - care!!

Heather
Dec '15

I have been a patient of Dr. Dave for 20 years. My father was also a physician and surgeon. He always said there are two kinds of doctors, the ones who practice the business of medicine and the ones that practice the art of medicine. Dr. Dave is an artist. He is caring, compassionate and kind. As his patient, you were never 15 minutes on his schedule, you were a person that he respected. I offer up my prayers for you. Thank you for everything.

Bemused Bemused
Dec '15

The greatest heart. His message is inspiring. Take care of yourself. You need to be healthy then you help others!

Heather
Dec '15

So wonderful to see the amount of people that truly care and appreciate Dr. Dave!

HL and Gofundme.com are testaments..showing the amount of people concerned for Dr. Dave.

positive positive
Dec '15

While I'm sure he is well liked and perhaps a competent doctor, I don't understand the incessant solicitations. Does he not have insurance? I would think he earned an adequate salary over the years to accumulate some personal wealth. I get it- when people learn of this type of situation and want to help, giving is an easy way and clearly most appreciated by the recipient(s). I have just never seen such an aggressive campaign for someone with means. Let me be clear, while I don't know of this man I echo the same sentiments as others in hoping for some sort of miracle for recovery and offer nothing but kind support and best wishes for family and friends. It just struck me as I keep seeing the go fund me stuff.

@Greg
If you don't want to donate, don't
I didn't see anyone asking that we determine his financial needs. It amazing me that people just don't know when to keep their opinions to them self.

LongValleyLady LongValleyLady
Dec '15

Solicitations for donations of any kind are not allowed on this site and will be deleted by the moderators.

Solicitations for good wishes and prayers are allowed. Best wishes to Dr. Dave and his loved ones. Cancer sucks!

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '15

praying hard for Dr Dave you are the best

bob mastrantonio bob mastrantonio
Dec '15

Praying for Dr.Dave and please keep sending positive thoughts and well wishes his way.

Tigger Tigger
Dec '15

You said it well Long Valley lady. Some people just "take the breath away" and are so downright UNkind. It's especially hurtful (I think) around the holiday season. Your comment made me smile. Happy holiday season to you...

angelina angelina
Dec '15

Greg,

While I don't know Dr. Dave I can tell you that today doctors aren't making much of an adequate salary. Insurance reimbursements are very low, medical malpractice and student loans are very high to boot. There is a chance he does not have insurance because that too is expensive to pay when you are self employed. By all means I will pray for him.

colleen26 colleen26
Dec '15

@Greg. I'm pretty sure that there is a lifetime or at least yearly maximum payout that health insurance companies will do - and it's not hard to hit with something like cancer.

brown bear2 brown bear2
Dec '15

brown bear2 - A lot has changed in health insurance since the reforms preceding and including "Obamacare". Some years ago that was potentially true with individual plans as mandated by NJ. (not true of small business insurance or the "C" plan that was unlimited) Ever since the rule went in not allowing denial of coverage for simple lapses, the life time payout seems to have disappeared. I think that was the loop hole they were exploiting - the solution was to just get another policy but then they would deny coverage.

I just got my renewal and none of the policies including all Obamacare Bronze to Platinum levels are without either yearly or lifetime max. Same goes for the choices I've got outside of the marketplace. Today just the opposite is true, the policies have a maximum limit I have to pay. Even the bronze levels have that.

I have no idea of what his situation is, but any insurance I've been offered over the past 3 years has a max out of pocket.

prayers for recovery and peace this Christmas as well

This is not a thread to vent about health care. It is a place for human kindness for this wonderful man. David has been my doctor and friend for nearly 20 years and as a man and doctor he is loved by so many people. Please keep praying and sending positive comments coming his way. God bless

Momma J Momma J
Dec '15

i don't think anyone here is being unkind....of course anyone who has/had any experience with this awful disease knows how much well wishes and prayers are appreciated. Althougj I do have to agree with Greg, and find the comment that doctors do not make an adequate salary quite laughable. Tell that to garbage men, landscapers, babysitters, retail workers, or any other person working an entry level job and I'm sure they would feel the same.

Bumping this up....

positive positive
Dec '15

I heard they are losing their home - cancer sucks.

Heather
Dec '15

We love you Dr. Dave

Longvalleylady Longvalleylady
Dec '15

@Heather
Try to think before you post a comment on something that you obviously know nothing about. The only one thing I can say you're right about cancer does suck so do people that make ignorant comments.

Longvalleylady Longvalleylady
Dec '15

Truly hope prayers are answered & Dr. Dave recovers..incredible person.

Tigger Tigger
Dec '15

I hope you had a very merry Christmas surrounded by love Dr. Dave.

You are loved and appreciated by many..a truly exceptional special person you are.

positive positive
Dec '15

Vitamin B17/Laetrile/Apricot Pits, Vitamin C, Seaweed, Baking Soda - all cures for cancer including Stage IV - the information is out there and hopefully someone who cares about this man gets him the information.

Peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgbdNNfotwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl8Y8I_TsjI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJmBYOvwU0Y

Any updates on how Dr. Dave is doing?

positive positive
Jan '16

Thank you for your caring information RU. You took the time. I appreciate that for the man.

angelina angelina
Jan '16

Have been praying for a few weeks now! Will continue to do so - every day! Stay positive.

Susan Ramm-Stager Susan Ramm-Stager
Jan '16

Keep the prayers coming please. Today was round four of chemo and it is a very difficult time. Thank you.

Heather
Jan '16

Extra prayers going up!

Dansker Dansker
Jan '16

I knew he'd be a fighter. Keep going strong Dr. Dave..you're amazing!

So much love going your way!

positive positive
Jan '16

Apparently Chemo is a mix and it is constantly changing to target the cells. The whole process just sucks... any words of wisdom out there..

Heather
Jan '16

no wisdom-prayer.

Walter
Jan '16

Still thinking of Dr. Dave. Any updates?

positive positive
Feb '16

God Bless
Praying for you and your family

Hackmom Hackmom
Feb '16

PRAYERS YOUR WAY,

just coach just coach
Feb '16

Was going to ask today also. How are things going?

Dansker Dansker
Feb '16

Don't take any supplements without checking with your dr , some can change how the chem o works

Cowgirl1 Cowgirl1
Feb '16

Dr. Dave has had his sixth round of Chemo. Please continue your prayers for him and his family at this time.Please pray. Thank you.

Heather
Feb '16

Thank you for the update Heather. I will continue to pray.

positive positive
Feb '16

Prayers and positive thoughts to Dr. Dave and family!

Kittens118 Kittens118
Feb '16

Hey Heather--I heard they are foreclosing on their home. How can we help?

Walter
Feb '16

Walter, can you please post the event on the HL Calendar.

Thank you for helping such an exceptional person and his family.

positive positive
Feb '16

There is a fundraiser for him in Flanders this weekend Rizzo's I think? IDK Animal Petting zoo- February 28th for his benefit.

heather
Feb '16

Cancer sucks. Chemo is poison- has anyone on this forum known or tried alternative therapies?

Walter
Feb '16

Walter I don't have any alternative therapies but I wish you the best if you are battling this horrific disease.

Dave could use alternative therapy also. Western med gives you poison chemo- sends you home .

Heather
Feb '16

I am not battling any disease. I love Dr. Dave. He has had such an impact on the community. Such a selfless person. He never thought of himself or his family- only others. He was and is not "of means"- he always gave. People do not know that about him. They have relatively nothing financial- but he and victoria do have love. Please pray and help them.

Walter
Feb '16

Seriously- does anyone know of any alternatives that may work to save his life? I ask with a humble heart.

Walter
Feb '16

The fund raiser is listed in H'twn classifieds but not on calendar. It's this Sunday, Feb 28, at Rizzo's Wildlife World, Gold Mine Road, Flanders. Live animals. Shows are at 1, 230 and 4. Admission is $10. Please go if you can. The shows are awesome and it all goes to help Dr Dave.

Dansker Dansker
Feb '16

Walter, I came across this article today. It might be helpful. I am an avid essential oil user but I'm not 100% sold on these claims. I figure it's worth a shot and can't hurt though. http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/essential-oils-stop-cancer-in-its-tracks.html?t=MAM

jrsemom jrsemom
Feb '16

Here is the info for Rizzo's Reptile World in Flanders. The fundraiser is between 1pm & 6pm. They are still under some construction but the shows are great!!

http://rizzoswildlifeworld.com

Showtimes are at 1pm, 2:30pm and 4pm.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '16

Thank you=jrsemom and jesse123...keep praying- it is difficult on not only him but his patients as well. He is out of work and apparently not a partner in the business- no income-no means. I heard they applied for state disability so we will see. Keep the faith Doc...they say there is a reason for everything even when the world is crumbling around you. You find true friends-true family.

Walter
Feb '16

He should qualify for state disability and Social Security Disability Insurance as well. If he has questions about Social Security I can help, I spent 8 years in the field. With his condition there is no need for him to pay an attorney to help him.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '16

Jesse 123 Can you please email-dr.davewon@gmail.com thank you very much.

Walter
Feb '16

Walter,

Is Dr. Dave aware that I was asked to e mail him? I do not want to force the issue if he is not aware.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Mar '16

Of course!

Walter
Mar '16

Ok, I will reach out to him.
Thank you!

Jesse123 Jesse123
Mar '16

The prayers, cards and soup are appreciated. Chemo makes it difficult to eat- the taste apparently of everything is awful. He has lost much weight, but the help of prayers is immeasurable. Please pray for him to find his way through this so he can continue to help others be well. Thank you. Pray. Do not cease- for him and all with afflictions.

Walter
Mar '16

because of this story, i urged my husband to go for his colonoscopy. our son played hockey with daves son in high school. while at the drs office yesterday, the dr told my husband that there is a "man" locally who is a doctor, who wishes he had gone, but never had the time. my husband came home and told me what the dr said. he had no idea "who" the dr was referring to. I then told him. So see spreading the word helps. I always say if it helps one person.......

lvresident lvresident
Mar '16

Walter my BIL is currently fighting the same battle, diagnosed at 46. Stage 3 met to 2 lymph nodes. We are on round 10 (Monday) of 12 chemo rounds. I know the feeling all too well. If I can recommend Miso soup, takes the metallic taste away and also "Chemo Moonshine" I made this for him and it seemed to help, although he could only drink warm or at room temperature due to medication in his chemo he can't really drink anything icy cold on treatment weeks. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with Dr. Dave and his family/friends.

RECIPE FOR CHEMO MOONSHINE: A NATURAL NAUSEA REMEDY

(It's only called Moonshine because the original recipe calls for it to be poured into little cute mason jars - which is a nice idea if you are making for someone)

Ingredients:

Apple Cider- 1 gallon, non-concentrated *do NOT use vinegar!
1 cup Honey or Agave Nectar
5 Cinnamon Sticks
Whole Cloves, about 2 tablespoons
1-2 inches Fresh Ginger Root (peeled and chopped or sliced thinly)
1 tablespoon Ground Ginger
2-3 Star Anise

Directions:

In large stock pot pour gallon of juice in the pot. Add the ground ginger, cinnamon sticks, star anise, whole cloves and fresh ginger in the pot with the stove turned to medium heat. Let it boil and then reduce the heat and let it steep covered for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it continue steeping while covered for another hour. Strain all ingredients out of pot discard and pour remaining liquid into container, keep in refrigerator.

Can be served warm or cold.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '16

Thanks for the great info. This will help many many people. Thank you very much.

Heather
Mar '16

tomorrow is a morristown check to see on development of his cancer. please pray for healing - specifically colon and liver. thank you.

walter
Mar '16

In 1985 my dad was diagnosed with stg 4 kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma) metastasized to his liver, lung, bones and was squeezing his vena cava (artery that brings blood back up to your heart). Doctors said there was nothing they could do and told us he had WEEKS to live.

We started alternative therapies and he immediately started to feel better. Some of the tumors shrunk and all metastasizing stopped. Dad got so much better he actually went back to work. His Oncologist (at Columbia Presbyterian) could NOT believe it was him and told us to continue doing whatever we were doing (although oddly she not interested in knowing too much to help her other dying patients....?). Dad lived a very happy, healthy, pain free life for 6 MORE YEARS, even working, going on vacation, doing yard work, dancing, etc...

I know Dr R, being a trained physician, is probably against alternative stuff but I would be happy to share what dad did. I know it works - we shared the protocol with mom's neighbor who was diagnosed stg 4 colon cancer, 5 yrs ago, that had metastasized to her liver, bones, and oddly her breast - right now she is in Ireland on vacation.

The problem with medical treatments is they don't improve quality of life, only hope to extend it. Many times it makes you feel worse instead of better and the cost is crazy.

Feel free to email me if Dr. R would be interested in hearing what they did.

Laurel Laurel
Mar '16

Never heard of him

Edgesgv Edgesgv
Mar '16

Chemo racks the mind and spirit. Pray.

Heather
Mar '16

Yes it does Heather. I am praying.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Mar '16

Think there are many of us praying. And I didn't know him personally either. That shouldn't matter.

Dansker Dansker
Mar '16

I want everyone to know that Dr. Dave and his office know that you are praying for him. They are all very grateful. Prayer is such a powerful thing. God bless you all

Momma J Momma J
Mar '16

Please continue to pray for Dr Dave and his family.

Tigger Tigger
Apr '16

Sorry I haven't written. This is just heart breaking. Dave has been in my life for over 20years and has been like a father to me. I'm praying for him and his family. I hope u r ok dave and I love u!!!
This truly is a wonderful doctor and person.

shannon tompkins shannon tompkins
Apr '16

Just wondering how Dr. Dave is doing. I used to work with him at Urgent Care...many, many years ago. Any updates ?

Mariann Mariann
Jul '16

All I know is that he is back working part time at Advocare with patients who aren't "sick". I assume that means he's doing well visit appts and such.

concernedparent concernedparent
Jul '16

Streaming well wishes toward this truly special soul. I fervently hope he is doing better.

Judy Jengo Judy Jengo
Aug '16

I was just talking about him to a coworker as to what a unique special doctor and person he is and the struggle he is going through.

There are so many prayers and so much love going your way Dr. Dave.

positive positive
Aug '16

Any updates on Dr. Dave?

Megan Megan
Jan '17

I think he is doing well. I think he might even be back to work.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Jan '17

back to work? wow that is great news. the gofundme thing is shut down now. i love a happy ending!

scottso scottso
Jan '17

Yes, he is working 3 days a week from what I understand.

Terry P
Jan '17

Any updates on Dr. Dave?

positive positive
Apr '17

KARMA!

KWD,

Karma? I know what karma is but I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to with Dr Rygielski.

Sunflower Sunflower
Apr '17

KWD,

Karma? Really?

Lynn25 Lynn25
Apr '17

I'm just asking that everyone stop and pause to say a prayer for a true healer. God bless you Dr. Rygielski!

Grateful Patient
May '17

Dr Dave really needs everyone's prayers and support !!!
Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers!!!
The past few months have been very tough!!

Njladybird Njladybird
May '17

Continued prayers for Dr Dave and his family.

Tigger Tigger
May '17

Been praying for him since I heard about his cancer struggle. I would love to have an update on his condition but I haven't heard anything except for that he's having a very rough time.

Donalyn Donalyn
May '17

Thoughts and Prayers. I'm very sorry to hear he is having a rough time. I would just hope that all the help, support, and comfort he has given me and so many others over the years comes back at him a thousand fold. And pushes away these rough times.

fins2dleft
May '17

My family has been with Dr. Dave for almost 24 years. My daughter was one of his first pediatric patients. We absolutely love Dr. Dave. It breaks my heart to see him going through this. He is constantly in my prayers as well as his family. Get well my friend!

Always loved doctor Dave. He was my daughters pediatrician 20 years ago. He was always excellent at his craft. Loved the fact that he wore shorts and cowboy boots! Excellent doctor. Unfortunately our insurance changed and we had to find another doc. I just came back to him for a physical in 2014 and he remembered me and spent an hour talking about the old days. Just love this guy. I'm praying so hard

Linda Oeftering Linda Oeftering
Jun '17

I am here at the office to pick up my medical records i am told he is no longer practicing. Sitting in my car crying like a baby.

What he did for my son alone, there will never be another Dr David

Polly Yuhas Polly Yuhas
Jun '17

OMG! I truly hope he's going to be OK.

My daughter was just treated by his daughter who is a doctor now, but at another practice. My daughter didn't ask how he's doing ...she found it awkward.

At least Dr. Dave can be proud how he's touched so many lives and passed on his legacy to his daughter.

Keep fighting Dr. Dave..we love you.

positive positive
Jun '17

Thinking of Dr. Dave and how he is doing?

positive positive
Jul '17

He passed away according to his colleagues. :(

Concernedparent Concernedparent
Jul '17

Praying hard for a truly great man.
SO incredibly thankful for his time, care and dedication. One in a million. Miss you, Dr. Dave. Hope you are back at work soon. XOXO

Colleen Colleen
Jul '17

Just saw on Mayor Greenbaum's facebook page that Dr. Dave sadly lost his battle with cancer this evening. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Terry P
Jul '17

We love you Dr. Dave may you rest in peace.

Scottso Scottso
Jul '17

RIP. Wonderful doctor.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Jul '17

Go with God Dr, we always love you and we miss you, we keep praying for you.

Gigi
Jul '17

I didnt know the Dr. but a close friend of mine just loved him. I heard nothing but positive accounts of the Dr. Seems like we really lost one of the good guys.

My thoughts are with his family, friends and patients.

littlelu littlelu
Jul '17

Rest in peace Dr. Dave. You will be missed by so many. Prayers to your family and all that knew, cared and respected you.

Tigger Tigger
Jul '17

Calling hours 6-9 pm. Friday the 28th- Cochran Funeral Home- Hackettstown, NJ.

Very sad. Dave rented our apartment for a few years when he was just starting in this area. A great person and he will be missed by many.

RV

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Jul '17

what does 'calling hours' mean?

Scottso Scottso
Jul '17

The hours when you can pay your respects.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jul '17

David Bronislaus Rygielski
Died: Jul 25, 2017
David Bronislaus Rygielski, age 60, of Long Valley, NJ died Tuesday, July 25, 2017. David was born on October 28, 1956 in Perth Amboy, New Jersey . He is the son of the late Bronislaus and the late Lillian (Nader) Rygielski.

He is survived by his spouse Victoria Regis, son David Anthony Rygielski, daughter Jamie Leigh Rygielski, step son, Jesse Regis, step daughter, Lyndsey Regis; and sister, Theresa Reckord.

The funeral will be held 7:00 pm on Friday, July 28, 2017 at Cochran Funeral Home, 905 High Street, Hackettstown, N.J. with Father David Pekola officiating.

Calling hours will be Friday, July 28 from 6:00pm -9:00pm at Cochran Funeral Home. Those wishing to leave an online condolence may do so at www.cochranfuneral.com

Concernedparent Concernedparent
Jul '17

Re: Please pray for Dr. Dave Rygielski RIP

Peace. Karma. Healing. Love.

So sad..just don't know what to say.

To Dr. Dave's family,

Your loss is great and I can't even imagine your pain. I hope you will gain strength and comfort each other through this.

I'm sure selfless Dr. Dave would want this, since he spent most of his life trying to prevent suffering.

He truly cared about people.

positive positive
Jul '17

RIP Dr Dave and Prayers for his family

RIP Dr. Rygielski. Thank you for your patience, caring, and guidance. You truly were the best and will be incredibly missed and always remembered. Prayers to your family and friends.

fins2dleft
Jul '17

I struggle to find the words. An excellent doctor! An outstanding human being. His diagnostic capabilities saved my life!

I don"t know what else to say. I am alive today because of Dr. Dave!

There is no doubt in my mind that he is sitting at the Lord's table tonight!

Dr. Dave, you will be missed, but never forgotten!

Grateful Patient
Jul '17

Yes, the best diagnostic doctor I have ever encountered. I think that's because he listened, took his time and actually cared about his patients.

Still hard to believe he's gone.....

positive positive
Jul '17

Soo sad! I know his wife. She was a teacher at HHS and helped my son a great deal. Second marriage. She loved him so much and never thought she would get a second chance at love. He loved her soo much also. My condolences to Vicki and the whole family!

infogirl infogirl
Jul '17

RIP Mr.Rygielski My Prayers For You & Your Family. <3

Beth Perry Beth Perry
Jul '17

Heaven just got the best doctor.RIP doc.

winters winters
Jul '17

I feel a tremendous sense of loss after hearing, just today (Nov 30, 2017), about Dr. Rygielski. I wish I could have gone to the visitation at Cochran's, just down the road from where I live. I knew he was very ill from the last appointment I had with him.
He has been my doctor from when he started out at Urgent Care in Budd Lake years ago. He is irreplaceable. A great doctor and human being. So smart; figured out what was wrong when it was such a mystery to me. I loved his khaki shorts and long hair. We talked about cats and veterans. I remember hearing a man who I think was a vet saying "Thank you for taking care of me all this time" when he was saying goodbye to Dr. Rygielski. I think Dr. Rygielski drove a motorcycle in the early days. His soul is free and happy, just in spirit form now.

Lori Nagy Lori Nagy
Nov '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.