Canasta Anyone?

I play canasta with a group in Bergen County and would like to find some people who would like to play in the Hackettstown area.
Panera on 57 is a great place to meet and be able to sit and enjoy a game of canasta.

Any evening except Wednesday.

Any interest, please contact me.

Thanks.

Oh crap, don't mention this around my many many cousins. ;-)

After getting some interested people, I think it would help to set a specific day or two. I'll say I'm at least interested enough to find out more. I might be an off and on kind of participant since my schedule is so variable.

I'd also be possibly interested in playing pinochle.

Much of my family get togethers revolves around playing those two games since age 8. ;-)

I haven't played since I was a young girl. I would be interested, but definitely need a refresher!

boyz4unme boyz4unme
Dec '15

Thanks for the interest.

My thought was to meet on December 21, but it is close to Christmas and there are always last minute things to get done.
How is Tuesday January 5th at 6:30 p.m. after the hustle 'n bustle of the Holidays. Let me know.
I will post with specifics when it gets closer.

I also haven't played in years but would like to play. Please keep me on the list Amy, after the holidays sounds like a good idea.

hktownie hktownie
Dec '15

Count me in!

Barbara Barbara
Dec '15

as long as I know ahead of time I can be there likely +2 or 3 from denville area

Crazy- Crazy-
Dec '15

I'm interested in joining this group. I haven't played in years, but I'm sure I could pick it up with a little help.

Chickadee mobile Chickadee mobile
Dec '15

Would you be willing to take someone who has never played before?

happycamper happycamper
Dec '15

Interested. Like Chickadee mobile I would need a little help/refresher since it's been Many Years since I played.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Dec '15

so go practice up! free game download for your PC -

anybody got a 300 meld going on ?? maybe a 600 meld ???? (hardly recall what i'm talking about here)

http://canasta.en.softonic.com/download-tracker?th=1%2F6CH9aeXedl4L8u%2BBHNJXWTW%2BLP1LFlnGQpxqjlxAMn8VI9fo0LozyCbJq4G4RzXNuTw231kyydQ2CpJMzvqbuSzBw5nai2fc6i5amM4366NHbBJMiY1F9fD6w1EJUC7pB4%2BVjXMfTExMVmT7fMFpi9vRI0VhK8Ju4Cr5WhENU%3D

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Dec '15

BD - Opening melds are 50, 90, or 120 depending on score. Maybe you're thinking of canastas which are 300 or 500 with/without wild cards.

happycamper - I wouldn't see why we couldn't play and have someone watching/paired with a player to learn.

How many can play at a time? I used to play many years ago, not sure I even remember now.

Bessie Bessie
Dec '15

Bessie - 6 is a max put you can play 2, 3, or 4 at a time as well.

Are we doing this tonight or not?

Believe it or not, today is "Tuesday January 5th at 6:30 p.m."

Let's Play! February 23 at 7:00 p.m., Panera on Route 57.
Who's in? I will bring canasta cards, note pad for scoring.
Will have a sign on the table reading "canasta".

At least tentatively, I'm in. I'll let you know if that changes.

Out of town that day but I will follow this thread. I haven't played since I was a kid growing up, but it was a lot of fun. I will have to get a refresher but I remember the basics.

texaskeystone texaskeystone
Feb '16

Work dinner that day, but I will also follow the thread.

hktownie hktownie
Feb '16

I'm still in for playing on Tuesday evening.

GC, please confirm canasta for this evening, 7:00?

I'm still OK at least for the moment. It sounds like it may be a wet night but as long as it's only rain we should be good.

Amy - Any more confirmations other than us two? It would be a really good time for teaching people if there are only a few of us.

Looks like only us, we are suppose to be getting 2-3" of snow mix.
If you want I'll repost for two weeks from today.
Let me know.

Amy - From the way it looks, it's turned out to be all rain. If the weather scared away all the people then feel free to postpone. I'm also OK with showing up to see if we get more than two. Not really interested in a two handed get though. It's your call, I'm flexible either way.

I will reschedule for two weeks from today.
Watch for a new post

The post of the details needs to go to the calendar, not the main Forum. This thread will be good enough for discussing who is in or out. At least for the moment.

How does March 8th look? 7:00 at Panera

I should be good for tomorrow night. I'll give a yell if something changes.

Any other takers out there??

Ok, I'll be there.

Looks like I'm even running a bit early. Hoping to get 4 of us, even if that's people wanting to learn is not an issue.

Nice to play again even if it was only two of us.

Bessie, Mrs Pipes, Chickadee - sent you PM's. Hoping to get a foursome together. ;-)

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.