Advice please - Green Valley Landscape & Design

Hi all, can you give me some advice please? I'm looking for a landscaper and got a quote from green valley landscape. Anyone have experience with them or input on them?

I see a bunch of trucks in the neighborhood. I asked them to give a quote and also awaiting to hear from the neighbor's whose house the truck was at to see if they like them.

Anyone else use them? What are your experiences with them?

Bill from Green Valley does excellent work. He has been taking care of the office that I work at in town for over 5 years now. We have never had an issue with the quality of work and Bill has always been quick to respond to any of our requests. He works/lives locally and prides himself on his customer service and quality work. I would definitely not hesitate to have him work at my home and recommend him whenever asked.

hackmom2 hackmom2
Nov '15

Bill is a perfectionist in his work. We've had him for over ten years and never had
a problem with him or his workers. He goes above and beyond to satisfy his customers. The quality of work is impeccable. Would recommend his company and
services to anyone.

Karla
Nov '15

What did you get an estimate for? I know they offer a variety of landscape services.
Bill and his company took care of a grub problem for us earlier in the season. The grubs damaged a large portion of our lawn. Bill brought in 15 yards of topsoil and seed and repaired all the damaged spots. We got 90% of our lawn back in the first month after watering. In the fall he came back at no extra charge to touch up spots we had in question.
Definitely recommend him and his company! Bill has been maintaining our lawn for 12 years now. Our lawn has never looked better!

Nancy183
Nov '15

Bill and his crew are excellent. From time to time, we have called him to cut our lawn and he has responded very quickly and always does an excellent job. He completed a paver design job in our backyard as well as a total redesign/overhaul of our backyard making it much more attractive and useful space with our new built-in pool. His ideas and design suggestions were spot-on. He thought of things that we did not even consider such as installing a small stone wall and use of river rock over mulch. He finished the job by installing sod in the entire backyard.

He spent several days working into the evening. The backyard came out great and we have received multiple compliments on the work.

We would highly recommend Bill and Green Valley Landscaping.

Frank Feci Frank Feci
Nov '15

We have bee using GVL for as long as I can remember.
Both stone work and landscaping. Bill and crew have always done excellent work!
He will be replacing a retaining wall for me this late winter or early spring.
I strongly recommend GVL!!

Joe Finnegan Joe Finnegan
Nov '15

Can you tell me where the office is so I can go look at his work? Thanks.

I agree with Hackmom2. Bill and crew do great work, very professional. They have been taking care of my yard for a few years. I would recommend them.

I agree! Bill and his crew do awesome work. They basically lived at my parents house this summer redesigning their backyard and it came out perfect. He has also done leaf removal for us a couple times. This year we called him about leaf removal and Bill and his crew were over within a couple days, promising to get it done before Thanksgiving. Highly recommended!

Must be good if you see his trucks all over your neighborhood.

Outsider Outsider
Nov '15

Nancy183 - please provide an email or phone. I'd love to chat with you further about what you had him do. If you would be willing to disclose costs associated, I'd appreciate it.

I'm glad so many of you have had good experiences. I'm a little disheartened, though, that those people who have not had such good experiences opted to email me through here, rather than post for all to see. For as many good recommendations as are listed here, I have gotten about the same "panned" reviews. This is why I may reach out to a few of you via email to ask more questions. I hope you dont mind.

Some emails I have received are cause for concern - and they have offered to talk in more detail. 2 responses were actually very concerning to me, and I will be meeting those home owners later this week.

Cant hurt to do your research, right?
Thanks to those of you who responded.

All kidding aside, you're looking at a landscaper here, not a brain surgeon. Bill does good work and is a reliable local guy and if you don't like his work, you just get someone else.

Cynic
Nov '15

Hello everyone. This Is Bill, owner of Green Valley. I reached out to this "Dora" person via email and asked her who from my company gave her an estimate because it was not me. Of course I got no response from this Dora person. Not sure where this person is going with this but, if there's just as many people making negative comments about my company supposedly, they shouldn't be afraid to post them for others to see. I stand by my work, my crew and my reputation.

Thank you everyone for the feedback in reference to this "Dora"

Bill lazarus Bill lazarus
Nov '15

Cynic, I was thinking the same thing.... When you ask for personal opinions regarding a business you are going to get both positive and negative feedback. At that point "YOU" have to decide if you feel the positives outweigh the negatives for "YOUR" particular situation or needs. I don't understand the problem?? You are disheartened because the people that had a bad experience emailed you privately? Lmao! What difference does it make as long as you got the information you were seeking? I have had bad experiences with certain companies and have also emailed people privately when they asked for opinions. There is no way any business is going to make every client happy 100% of the time. As long as it is not a fly by night company that is ripping people off left and right and doing shoddy work, then I don't see a reason to bash him on a public forum. Obviously he has many happy clients so the people that were unhappy did the right thing by sending you a private message IMO

I have been using bill for many years he's honest he does amazing work. He runs a extremely professional business hes not some kid mowing lawns on the side like most . Dora why do you want to go to his office what work are you going to look at his office lawn that's ridiculous

We have been using Green Valley for many years. Bill and his crew have done major landscaping work on our property. We would never use anyone else, he is the best! Bill and his crew go above and beyond to make sure our property always looks great. Whenever we call him he is always available to discuss and plan out exactly what we want done and he always comes up with great ideas to make our property look even better than we could have imagined. I have had several large outdoor parties and Bill always schedules time to make sure things are perfect on the party day. I find I quite odd that people with negative reviews would not openly post them. People on this forum are usually straight forward with their opinions, both negative and positive so I am wondering why the secrecy. Something is strange. Again I would highly recommend Green Valley Landscaping for any landscape project and for winter snow removal.

Sharon & Steve Sharon & Steve
Nov '15

I've been a customer of Bill and GVL a few years now. He is a nice guy, very professional and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend him highly.

Thanks everyone for your input.
Bill I did not receive an email through here from you. Not sure who the sender would have been like does it come from hackettstownlife? The others came with this topic title as the subject line.

you all have been very helpful in my information gathering/research.

Thanks again! If anyone knows how to close the topic please let me know.

Dora2
Dec '15

Dora was a troll hoping to bash a person she had bad experience with. Its clear as day......I have used Bill and I have used others....Bill is great....others are as well. But when it comes to perfection, Bill is where its at. Easy....

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Dec '15

Craftbeerbob, if I wanted to bash this landscaper I would have done so from the onset. No need to hide behind cloak and dagger on here. So many of these forum pages are about bashing. This one sings of green valley praises. Those who posted publicly have great experiences.
Why the need to resort to name calling and turn a positive thread into a negative one ?
Don't answer. Leave this as it is and those who gave positive input- thank you.

Dora2 Dora2
Dec '15

Some emails I have received are cause for concern - and they have offered to talk in more detail. 2 responses were actually very concerning to me, and I will be meeting those home owners later this week.

How was your meetings ?

"2 responses were actually very concerning to me, and I will be meeting those home owners later this week."

Ridiculous, weird and suspicious. Why not just choose another company, like any other normal person would do, instead of "investigating" this particular business? You sound like a disguised competitor looking to bash Green Valley.

Based on the actual glowing reviews here, I'll be calling Bill for our property.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '15

Seriously people have you nothing better to do than to bash people ?as JRT and cynic both said- if you are happy you stay with said company if you are not you choose another .

what I choose to do when it comes to research is my choice. The fact that I wanted to hear what others had to say is my choice.
NOT that is that it is any of your business, I had a meeting yesterday with one homeowner and I have another one today. I will not share what those homeowners told me in a public forum because they reached out to me privately. it would be DISRESPECTFUL to say something publicly that they did not wish to come out in this forum. now I understand why.

this form is ridiculous. many of us choose to use it as a resource. the rest of you are like a town full of bullies and seem to need drama.

Please respect my wishes to close this topic. My email is listed below if you feel the need to continue this conversation.

Dora2 Dora2
Dec '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.