Organizations holding coat drives?

Any information on what organizations need winter coats for the needy?

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '15

This is on the calendar specifically for Nov 2, but I think the drive is going all the way into the first week in December. There is a link for more info and other drop off sites:

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/calendar/2015/11/2#e11291

Trinity would take them as well. In past years I believe Cub Scouts have done collections, but I think that's usually a bit later in the year.

This Saturday, the Hackettstown Rotary Club will be collecting winter coats for the Jersey Cares Coat Drive outside Panera Bread on Rt. 57. 9am - 1pm. Those coats go to families in need here in Jersey.

Hondo Hondo
Nov '15

There is also a coat drive going on at the RE/MAX Town & Valley office. The office is located in the Panther Valley Mall- Rt 517

Thanks all. Wont donate to Trinity, sorry. As for Saturday, I work and wont be able to get there. I will continue to look. Thanks again.

Nov '15

Are the coats adult or children sizes botheredyuu2? I know Willow grove elementary school does a collection for the children that go to that school. It's sad how many kids in our own town don't have coats.

Sunshine Sunshine
Nov '15

Mt. Olive Twsp.. is doing a coat and blanket drive. I've seen signs on Rt. 46 about it. I think donations are at municipal bdg and library as well as other places.

SS2cats SS2cats
Nov '15

Botheredbyuu2, would you like me to come by and pick them up from you? I could drop them off on Saturday with the Rotary.

DrLAF DrLAF
Nov '15

DrLAF - that may be a plan. Will let you know later today. Thanks

Nov '15

I noticed at the ReMax office at Panther Valley there were 2 boxes full of donated coats. Don't know which group they are collecting for.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Nov '15

I believe the High School key club is having a coat drive.

Was at Hackettstown Post Office today, they had a box for coats in the lobby.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Nov '15

Thanks Nature Lover. Will stop there tomorrow. Sign at Paneras this past Saturday said "food" drive. Nothing about coats. Did not take them.

Nov '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.