The Walking Dead Season 6

I tried to post in the old thread but got the same ridiculous error about changing names is discouraged. It's funny that it doesn't stop a certain Shop Rite enthusiast from posting under two dozen different names. But, I digress...

Spent most of the morning re-watching most of Season 5. Looking forward to an improvement over what was probably the writers worst work, as a whole for a season, IMO. I have much higher hopes for this season... 70 minutes to go. Luckily it's only the Giants game tonight, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '15

I recently finished Season 5, and I'll watch the season 6 premiere, tonight. But I don't know why I keep watching. It's the only zombie movie or series for which I actively root for the zombies to finally finish off all of those annoying people. Even Daryl has finally become a tedious whiner.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Oct '15

Black and white episode tonight, sometimes its color

townie14 townie14
Oct '15

Alot of walkers haha!

townie14 townie14
Oct '15

I saw hundreds of zombies on the boardwalk in Asbury Park yesterday.
Outrageous .........

(they were masquerading there before the 'zombie walk' at the convention center)

hapiest girl
Oct '15

WHO is blowing the horn?!

honey badger honey badger
Oct '15

At this point, my guess would have to be Ron. He's the only one with an axe to grind that I can think of.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '15

The Wolves!!

Booster90 Booster90
Oct '15

There is nothing better than watching your husband watch this show while multi tasking on his phone and tablets and listening to the zombies grunt and growl! NOT!!!!

Jersey Mom Jersey Mom
Oct '15

Carl's girlfriend.

Why did they dig all those holes by hand to make a wall when the tractor supply store that they cleared had a tractor with a post hole digger? Silly writers.

sack
Oct '15

Using the tractor makes to much noise, it draws in the walkers.

As far as the horn... my guess is Ron. Angry teenagers rarely think things through.

By the way, does anyone remember Ron from last season? I thought that lady only had one son, the younger boy. I do not recall Ron at all.

Jane123 Jane123
Oct '15

I'm guessing the local gas station was all out of diesel. Those things don't run on air.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '15

Never mind the post-hole digger. Why aren't they driving military vehicles, instead of crappy cars?! Even if they couldn't find a convenient APC, they could at least find a working Humvee and weld bars over the windows to make a protective cage!

And while we're talking protection, a human can't bite through a leather jacket, so WHY do they all go around wearing T-shirts?!!!!!

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Oct '15

It's to hot for leather jackets

Booster90 Booster90
Oct '15

They could all wear hard-plastic sports guards, for some protection. And they could wear leather when they know they will be getting into a fight.

US soldiers in the Middle East still wear armor and full uniforms, when going on patrol, despite the heat. And I think, after watching numerous friends get bitten and turn into zombies, I'd be highly motivated to suffer a bit, to protect myself.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Oct '15

I think I need to rewatch the episode. I don't know if it was because I had a headache or what, but I didn't know what the hell was going on with all the back and forth crap. And I didn't care for the black and white.

Rick and his group are too badass to need leather jackets! :-) The people from Alexandria on the other hand, they should not leave home without riot gear!

Jane123 Jane123
Oct '15

Do you see this as anti Christian ?

Funny lady Funny lady
Oct '15

Lol! Now that's funny.

Philliesman Philliesman
Oct '15

anti-Christian?

SueR - The walkers have a herd mentality. They respond to noise and move as a pack. The plan was to lure all of the walkers in the opposite direction away from the town. The sound of the herd in the valley was luring more and more walkers to it. Sooner or later, they were going to break out and potentially head towards town. Unfortunately, at that end, somebody blasts a huge siren (kind of like the siren the firehouse blasts.) It pulls the herd off of their planned path.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '15

Thanks emaxxman. I guess I should have rewatched the last episode from the previous season. I couldn't remember who was Noah, who was Pete. I kept looking people up, which distracted me.

Is anyone watching Fear the Walking Dead? If so, how are you liking it? I haven't been able to watch yet, but I want to.

FtWD is all done. Last episode was last week. I thought it was OK. It didn't grab me like TWD did.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '15

They gave it away on Talking Dead unless it was a diversion - Carls girl is in a car & writes JSS on the window - whatever that means. My guess she laid on the horn.

Great point, RU! Maybe she did it!

As far as it being anti-Christian... It can't be anti-Christian because no religion can save us from the zombi apocalypse!!! We are doomed!

My husband just pointed out the Jesus himself came back from the dead...

Jane123 Jane123
Oct '15

There is no way that the horn you hear is a car horn. It's on the level of a fire station horn.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '15

Time to find out what the horn is!

Oct '15

So, the wolves were responsible for the horn! Carol is a badass for sure.

Larry Larry
Oct '15

I just love that Carol.....thought lasts night show was great......and Carl taking dinner out of the oven at the end was like it was just another day........

bowie bowie
Oct '15

Wow, that's a lot of action for the first 2.5 hours.

Think Morgan hit the road? Flippin liberal :>)

JSS = Just Survive Somehow. On the Dear John note. Wonder what the A meant on Carols railing? Now if it was a BA I would understand cuz Carol is so baaaad.

Feels like we have to get some downtime now unless they got a really, really big budget.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '15

I think A stands for Alpha

Antimony Antimony
Oct '15

The A was from the stamp that Sam was holding at the beginning of the episode when he was sitting on carols porch......when the group first arrived at Alexandria last season for some reason the Alexandrians stamped there hands with an A ......I think when Carol saw the A stamped on the rail she thought Sam was probably killed by the wolves...

dismom dismom
Oct '15

Horrible episode - no Rick, Daryl or Glenn.

The show is based on a comic book so just read the comics to find out generally what is going to happen.

Horrible? That was the best episode in at least two seasons.

Enid likes turtles.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '15

RU - no Rick, Daryl or Glenn - but we had Carol and Carl! I always liked Carl. And I'm not into comic books - I'll stick with the TV show.

So my guess is that when Morgan let some of the wolves go, they're going back to their main base to lay out who's in Alexandria, their fire power, etc...and they will be back to finish it all off. Not sure though whether or not they know about the rest of the crew.

And when Morgan entered the house near the end, I totally thought he was going to get shot by the woman Carol left with the gun!

I thought Rick and Co. where supposed to be about 20 miles away. How could they hear a truck horn??? No mountains? No other noise pollution? Wind was blowing in the right direction?

Favorite part was Carl taking the casserole out of the oven.

I'm not a huge fan of Enid, but she was a guest on Talking Dead and she was adorable.

Oct '15

I was going to say the same, ianimal. Best episode in awhile. Loved it. Can't always be Rick & Co. Love Lennie James. Morgan is one of my favorite characters. I thought the fat girl was going to shoot him through the door when he went into the armory house.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '15

Wow ! I couldnt even sit down during this episode.....I was actually standing in front of the tv....kinda yelling....Damn Nicholas......

bowie bowie
Oct '15

I do not believe glen is dead. Yes i spoiled the episode who cares! The reason why i think he's alive.still is because they didnt have a memorial farewell in the talking dead show.

townie14 townie14
Oct '15

Glenn might not be dead. If so, Maggie is going to go insane. She saw her father's head get chopped of, her sister dead, and now her husband. Wow!

Larry Larry
Oct '15

Great episode! So the guys that attacked Rick at the end, where they the wolves that Morgan let go?

Oct '15

Yes they were the wolves Morgan let go, at least rick had the sence to kill them.

I am hoping glen is not dead but I have a feeling it is the beginning of the end for him, can't imaging he does not get bit in that mess. Hoping he at least gets back to say goodbye to Maggie.

There is a surprise guest on talking dead next week... We all know what that means.

Jane123 Jane123
Oct '15

Badger, yes they were the same wolves....and perhaps Glen isnt dead . No memorial farewell.....

bowie bowie
Oct '15

don't forget that idiot fell with/on top of Glenn, could be his guts squirting

roywhite roywhite
Oct '15

Roywhite, that is what I am hoping for! Hoping he did not get bit but I find it doubtful.

Maybe he can slide under the dumpster and radio Rick for help!

Jane123 Jane123
Oct '15

I believe in the comics, Glen was killed by the wolves when they beat him to death with a baseball bat. The scene with the bat last season was sort of an omen.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '15

Yeah I am hopeful Glen made it miraculously. If not, I give him the bad man award for keeping his eyes open with all that blood n guts missing. Weasel wording on The Talking Dead plus the fact they get early releases of the future gives me hope.

stangerdanger stangerdanger
Oct '15

I don't think he's dead... yet. It would be such a shame if he went out because of Nicolas. Poetic, but a shame. And they made a point to show that Nicolas fell on top of him, so I think that's who's guts are being eaten.

On another note RICK! How will he get out of that mess? And is he going to lose that hand? I believe he does in the comics, but earlier in the story. GREAT season so far!

somechik somechik
Oct '15

Great episode. One minor complaint. Whenever they need to get rid of a new character, there's always a convenient surprise walker bite in the back after the real action settles down. Lazy writing, IMO.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Oct '15

I had read that the producers weren't going to have Rick lose his hands because it would be very impractical for the actor. Rick is basically the one safe character in the show so I guess they have to think of the long term practical impact of telling a story with an actor limited to one hand. They've already deviated from the comic book quite a bit so having him NOT lose his hand is not that big of a deal IMO.

emaxxman emaxxman
Oct '15

What did everyone think of this weeks Ep? I sure got my wish with more Morgan. I liked the episode a lot and thought it was a shame that Eastman was killed off right away.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Nov '15

Norm Gunderson, Aikido Sensei and Zen Master... they should have had a scene with him putting a 3-cent green mallard stamp into a collection, lol.

Loved it, thought it was a great episode.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '15

Morgan is a putting the whole group in jeopardy. All life is precious? Sure when you are living alone and only you have to deal with the consequence of your actions.

We've already seen what happened when Morgan spared the lives of some of the wolves. Now there's an angry prisoner unbeknownst to the rest of the group.

This is the zombie apocalypse. There's no long term rehab and pill therapy for crazy.

I don't care how Zen Morgan has become - he's on the edge of crazy himself.

But....I freaking love this show! :)

Nov '15

I didn't really like the fact that it was all Morgan. Especially for an hour and a half. And Eastman is yet ANOTHER person whose blood is on Morgan's hands. Eastman was an interesting character and I'd love to learn more about him, but he was also not right in the head - he starved someone to death.

somechik somechik
Nov '15

Did they really say only 3 more episodes left??

Nothing too exciting about last night's episode. I wish they would just get back to the original main characters already. Daryl, Carol, Glenn, Daryl, Michonne. Did I say Daryl? Oh yeah, him too. ;)

There are 3 or 4 more episodes until the mid season finale, them the season picks up again I think in February.

jane123 jane123
Nov '15

Oh ok, thanks. I thought they meant for the whole season. I was thinking, "Didn't it just start not that long ago?" LoL

Re: The Walking Dead Season 6

I thought the mid-season premiere was great. Lots of action...between Daryl blowing up Negan's crew and a whole family being wiped out, plus more. Of course there's some, "oh, get real!" moments. But, it's not reality, it's just a tv show. So I'd rather just focus on what I did like. :)

So glad to have the show back!

Any more episodes of Fear the Walking Dead coming up? I didn't get a chance to look up if it was coming back also.

Fear is returning in June.

Hot corner Hot corner
Feb '16

Great, thanks Hot corner!

I thought it was a great episode too. Just watched last night but I knew Daryl had done something bad ass.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Feb '16

Zombie apocalypse montage. A new first

Ladies, don't let youself grow up tio be rick's girlfriend. Not a good future in that.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Feb '16

I'm real sorry Carl lost an eye. But I do wish it knocked that stupid hat off his head. He and the hat seems to grow bigger every season.
Least he'll be good at being a pirate, arr.

Roywhite Roywhite
Feb '16

Haha I agree about that hat. It's ridiculously big.

I guess they were trying to go for an emotional, pull on your heart strings kinda thing with Rick's flashing memories (all 5 of them) of Jessie. For me, it didn't work. Didn't really feel any connection with them two. All I could think of was Rick thinking, "Damn, now I'll never get laid." Not, "Oh, no! My love!!"

Thats too funny.....poor Rick :(

I like the hat :)

Hot corner Hot corner
Feb '16

Definitely one of best episodes ever. Daryl's save at the beginning was fantastic! What a great scene.

I agree about the Jesse/Rick thing....never felt the connection.

Poor Carl. I think he's adorable... And bad ass in his own quiet way. And how he gave Ron an honest chance several times. I like the hat. Its his connection to his boyhood and the start of the Apocalypse.

Awww....and Michone giving Carl a quick smooch on the forehead before going out to kick some zombie ass!

Question. How did Denise suddenly become a surgeon?

Talking Dead was good too. That wolf is a real cutie! And cool how they made a mold of Carl for the shooting scene! Wow!

Love this show!

Feb '16

Where's Carl?

I smell cpntract negotiation.

Syrangerdanger Syrangerdanger
Mar '16

SD- He was working on the wall with Enid.
You maybe thinking of Carol, she is the most followed character on the show this season.

Oh by the way-have a nice day!

Hot corner Hot corner
Mar '16

Really, Eugene? Now is not the time to get freaky-deaky! ;)

Seriously though, I thought that was the most stupid and unrealistic scene. (Even more unrealistic than zombies!) There's no way he could bite through denim, enough to have the guy screaming in pain like that, and forget he has a gun in his hand! Eugene should have been dead.

I was disappointed that they killed off Denise. I was hoping that they would have developed her character and story line a lot more. It looked like that was happening at the beginning of the episode and then right in the middle of her speech before getting to her point.....she got the point.

I hate that the season is ending soon. 16 episodes are not enough. Especially when they brake up the season like they did. But, I guess they can get away with fewer episodes. It's popular enough that if they only did 10 a season, they'd still have their following.

Sue- thats a very sensitive area. Depending on size, tightness of pants, comando or not. I've seen men drop in fights when that region is attacked, lol.

Purely put in for shock value as was the arrow to the eye.

I too wish the season was longer. .....oh the anticipation! :)

Hot corner Hot corner
Mar '16

Thanks for the Carl update. Except for the hat, I miss the little, getting bigger, guy. By the time we see him again, he'll have a beard.

Denise's demise got a squeal of surprise from me. Well done. If she was in contract negotiations, Carl better take notice :>)

It was a real ball biter of a show and while you might not believe Eugene's dental grip, he did just pillage a pharmacy so probably had fresh Fixodent going. Bigger question is why the guy just stood there. Sorry, but no power on Earth would get me to hold position no matter what the risk. I think he liked it Mikey :>)

I have long theorized that the special effects folks get together in private meetings looking for each week's U.Z.D.V. or Unique Zombie Dispatch Visual. Snacks, jolt cola, lots of white board diagrams, and then voting for this week's UZDV. Last week it was a homage to Talking Head's "Babies on Fire, Someone Get Some Waaaater....." although that was kind of weak given previous zombie bbqs. This week's therefore, and pardon the pun, was a double-header.

Mar '16

Eugene wasn't at the apothecary. He was scouting a potential munitions factory with Abraham.

The child zombie chained up in that office and the baby sneaker in the spooge in the janitor's sink kind of got to me. Not sure what that was all about and I doubt it will ever be expounded upon since the only character who saw it is now dead. I guess it was part of the larger thematic elements of Denise and Eugene being babies who needed to be protected and growing into self-reliant individuals... or not.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '16

Stranger-Babies on Fire was actually a Brian Eno song on his debut album. All fact no brag.

Redwing
Mar '16

Boy I am gapping big time on this one :>)

Mar '16

The toddler's shoe in the sink of "spooge, lol" in my opinion was a sacrifice to keep the walkers from hearing the childs crys. The writing on the wall did say hush, hush, hush...

Hot corner Hot corner
Mar '16

Semi-spoiler alert!

This week's episode annoyed me. How many times can people go out of the compound and get ambushed/held hostage before we all get bored? Did everyone forget that there are bad guys with guns out there?

The end of last night's episode.....wow!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULuXEqjxsKk

Do you guys think it really WAS Daryl that got shot/killed or can this be another type of fake out.....Glen style? (Where you thought for sure, again, that he was a gonner!) Haha Who was he saying "You'll be alright" to? Rosita perhaps? Guess we'll find out next week.

I think Carol leaving was so stupid. Where the hell was she really gonna go? So she doesn't want to kill any more.....then don't. Like 90% of the other people in Alexandria. No, better to go off on my own and oh....run into trouble and.....have to kill people!! She is one of my favorite characters, a tough, smart cookie. (sewing the gun into her jacket!) And I can understand that she is struggling right now. But still stupid to separate from the group like that.

Is Maggie's baby a walker (well, technically a floater) and eating her from the inside??? That would be awesome actually! Haha

And when the walker jumped on Morgan, did anyone else yell, " Yeah! Get him!" like I did? :)

Daryl was definitely shot at the end of the episode. After replaying it, I think Dwight shot him in the shoulder/arm. They have a fight going between the 2 of them so I think that was Dwight's way of saying "I win" without just outright killing Daryl.

The whole Carol thing really has me bothered. All of a sudden she finds "religion" and can no longer kill? Morgan rubbed off on her or was it something else? I feel like it is really being forced with her new outlook. And this is the world they live in, there is no getting away from killing. It is a part of life now, just like eating, sleeping, etc. She can be in denial all she wants but it is the reality of it all.

Maggie will probably lose the baby which if Glenn makes it back alive from being captured will send him into a frenzy. Either that or Maggie loses the baby and Glenn is killed causing Maggie to become a force to recon with!

I'm still trying to accept the stupidity of Denise leaving the community in last week's episode that ultimately led to her being killed. She should never have been able to leave due to how valuable she was as a medic/doctor. Yes she said she would leave on her own anyway but then you put a freakin guard on her so she doesn't.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Mar '16

It was the cookies that made Carol soft.

Daryl can't be dead; they wouldn't wait a week to show you the corpse.

How did Dayrl the pathfinder get snuck up on by that useless dweb. You'd think the guy would be saying ouch on every step. Quick recovery.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Mar '16

Maggie will have to go see the Doc and Jesus at Hilltop. Glenn, Darryl and the others will bring Dwight to the edge of Alexandria where the negotiations will take place.

I do agree with Maja, if they keep doing the hostage bit it will become boring.

The 90 minute final episode will most likely keep me wanting more though.

I think it's time for a main character to die but who will it be..........

Hot corner Hot corner
Mar '16

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/28/entertainment/walking-dead-daryl-thr-feat/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

No real spoilers in the article but there are some hints in there so read at your own accord

Darryl was the one that was shot, Norman confirms that much

Darwin Darwin
Mar '16

I also read another interview yesterday where Norman Reedus confirms he was the one shot. But I doubt that it's fatal.

I think next week Glenn will meet Lucille....and his fate.

If you watch the preview of next weeks episode, the part of the confrontation on the road, I believe that is Daryl lying infront of the Survivors.

Someone is going to get a bat up alongside of their head. Glenn or Rosita are my picks, as morbid as it sounds.......sorry :)

Hot corner Hot corner
Mar '16

Never mind getting shot, I thought it was more shocking that Daryl can't drive a stick worth a crap. No way a self respecting redneck like him wouldn't know how. Merle would have beat it in to him.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.