Main Street, What a Bumpy Ride

With all the repaving projects going on....Wouldn't it be nice to see Main Street repaved?

It's a real bum shaker heading west on Main from the Speedway to past High Street.

I heard next year main is getting paved.

Booster90 Booster90
Oct '15

If they do it, it would have to be between 10 pm-6 am. Traffic would be a nightmare otherwise.

Patrick O. Patrick O.
Oct '15

Patrick O. , while closing main street would be a pain in the butt. I don't think it would be so bad for them to do it overnight and have it closed then. I mean, they closed it for the street fair and that was on a weekend. They also close it for parades and the like. So, not to big of a deal. Just my 2 Cents.

just my 2 cents just my 2 cents
Oct '15

If you can get an answer out of the state when it will be paved more power to you. Our town didn't even know when they decided to mill it. It was a surprise to them as it was to residents. NJ at its best LOL!!

Christine Christine
Oct '15

So who's responsibility is it to pave?

Town for being Main Street
or
State for being part of Route 46?

The paved just West of Hackettstown in just a few days without issue overnight.

It's definitely the State's jurisdiction.

I think the difference between paving Main Street and Route 46 west of town at night is the residential density. Would you want someone milling and paving your street when you're trying to sleep?

ianimal ianimal
Oct '15

All they have to do is run single lane road and not allow any parking along main st from 6pm till 6am ,

townie14 townie14
Oct '15

They need to finish Lawrence Dr. first!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Oct '15

Doesn't seem that long ago when Main St was milled and paved. Been in H'town since '76 and other roads that have been repaired over the years need to be redone as well. Result of cheapest possible bids?? Perhaps if the work was done right, it wouldn't need to be done over and over (just like Rt80)

OldSam
Oct '15

Bothered by you , Lawrence dr is a town road not state. Main st is state dot

townie14 townie14
Oct '15

got cha' townie14, thanks.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Oct '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.