Tsa Football Results against Randolph

Who won last night,all three levels ?

Results of youth football games are overemphasized.

It's all about learning and development.

It's all about what kinds of players they will be when their bodies are fully grown.

And that's not just my opinion, I've heard NFL All-Pro players say the same thing, even guys who used to play for Vince Lombardi.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Oct '15

So we shouldnt inquire as to how our children did in an athletic event because NFL all pro players and Andy said so?

Andy- as I understand it, your career is currently reporting on high school athletics in Warren County. Which is completely overemphasizing a rather unimportant thing since all of the young men and women should be working on growth and development in high school.

People are interested in how their children do, how their neighbor's children do and frankly, I am not too keen on you letting us know what is important and what is not with our children.

You worry about writing for the newspapers that mysteriously appear at the end of my driveway, I'll worry about what I want to feel is important.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

swimswitdafishes
Oct '15

There are 6 levels of TSA. Which 3 levels do you want the scores of?

Darwin Darwin
Oct '15

I know the 4th and 5th grade teams both won and played well. Those teams are very well coached and the kids play with very good sportsmanship. Hats off to the coaching staff on those 2 teams!

tigerfan tigerfan
Oct '15

Asking how a team does is great. It shows community pride. It also sends the message to the kids that people are interesed in how they are doing. Give the kids something to strive for.

hot under the collar
Oct '15

Maybe we should ask how Daddy ball is doing, and how Daddy lives vicariously threw the child that will be nothing more then a child who plays football. Until more programs adopt a non Daddy ball approach it will be the same ho-hum garbage on the field every week. Let the games begin.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Oct '15

Wow..
All Lobo did is ask the scores of the game. While it is true daddy ball exists the bigger problem in youth sports today is parents that think their kid is the next all star. They second guess every call the coach makes and don't understand why their kid didn't get the ball or get the jersey number they wanted.

So if anyone knows the answer to Lobo's question please answer it. And if you know the scores of any other local games post them here too. Maybe someone who knows a kid on the team will see the score and say to the kid "I heard your team won this weekend, great job"

hot under the collar
Oct '15

TSA Varsity had a close loss, by 2 points. That's two close losses, two weeks in a row, unfortunately. And I know no one asked for the weather report, but it was COLD on Saturday night! Our bodies aren't used to it yet!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Oct '15

If you want to see how some Warren County teams at the K-8 level are doing check out WCMFL.com. Click on standings and click on Scores. Cheers.

CBB

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Oct '15

Pre-clinic (3rd grade) had a big win over Randolph. Great job by the team, everyone played great. 3-1 on the season so far.

FranksNBeans
Oct '15

Thanks for the link Craft Beer Bob,

http://www.wcmfl.net/2015/WCMFL2015Standings.htm

hot under the collar
Oct '15

Go Steele Hill Bulldogs (-;

ianimal ianimal
Oct '15

Well, youth sports have a lot of very good daddies --- unfortunately it is the bad daddies who end up making news.

I'm sure the good daddies out-number the bad daddies.

Hope the kids enjoy the activity.

I'm so glad my parents did not care about sports when I was younger, I simply played because I wanted to play.

All my parents cared about was my grades. They never argued with the coaches or officials (they hardly ever attended a game) and about all the conversation about the games went something like ...

How'd it go today? We won. That's nice, now do your homework... or ...

How'd it go today? Terrible. We lost. Don't worry, your homework is more important..

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Oct '15

In concur Andy Loigu! In my opinion, school should always be #1 priority. Sports should be played at this young age to have fun, learn teamwork, sportsmanship and how to play the game.

mom of one mom of one
Oct '15

School always was and always should be the # 1 priority, but with that being said, sports was also a big part of my son's life. I believe it had a lot to do with his character and the person he is today. We were always there to support him and the team and I always felt bad for the kids whose parents were never around.

Mariann Mariann
Oct '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.