Circle Lanes closed permanently?

I was on the Circle Lanes Web site recently to see if there was any update on the renovations.

The site said closed permanently. Anyone know the deal?

I supposed when I'm not feeling lazy I can call...

It looks like there may be a renovation going on.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Oct '15

+1 Mark Mc
Looks like they're turning it into one of those "cool" bowling alleys.
http://circlelanesonline.com/

1988LJ 1988LJ
Oct '15

The reopening keeps getting pushed back!!! As a league bowler there it was supposed to reopen after Labor Day... As of now I have been told the first week of November... But I'm sure that will be pushed back again!!!!

Mr. Tone Mr. Tone
Oct '15

yes i am a bowler on a league there too. We ended our league early in may to insure that they could open on time labor day. HAHAHAH they told us first week of oct, and if you look in the facilty there is no way it is anywhere near opening. There arent even sheet rocks on the walls. Website has no updates, and noone knows anything. Dont bother calling, no one will answer. Looks like about time we should start looking for another alley. Being on a league you would think they would at least shoot you an email once!!!!!

lvresident lvresident
Oct '15

Re: Circle Lanes closed permanently?

Maybe it's just me...but I think this logo makes more sense than the one they have

smatt23
Oct '15

Their logo for comparison:

smatt23
Oct '15

WOW - looks like concerts at the lanes too, based on the guitar player to the right bottom of their website - woo hoo!

I agree with smatt23 about the logo. They could have used the left half of a bowling pin, rather than the right, though it looks more like a bowling pin in their logo because the opening in the "C" follows the curve of the pin whereas the "E", with its straight back truncates it.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '15

Oh! You're right Phil. I didn't see the rest of the pin in the negative space until you pointed it out. Now it's a little better to me the way it is (except where the bottom of the pin doesn't match to the "C"...but just nitpicking now).
I still think it looks more like an "L" when it's flipped though.

It's like the Fedex logo...for years I never noticed the arrow. Now I can't not see it...

smatt23
Oct '15

Their logo also works better because the "c" is actually a bowling ball impacting the pin. If you use the other image, it looks like someone took a bite out of the bowling ball because there's no continuity.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '15

I remember going to the arcade to play Killer Instinct, smoke a couple cigarettes at the pool tables, then Ramsey's outdoor to browse and then to Circle Lanes for a few hours...and on the way home powersliding our silly turbo Eclipse around and around the circle by Smiles. Great fun. Those days are lonnnnng gone. Best wishes for the future at Circle Lanes.

Old skooler
Oct '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.