Internist Recommendations

Hello,

I am looking for a new internist doctor in the HKT area (I live in PV).

Any recommendations?

Female preferred.

Thank you!

PVGal
Sep '15

well----- I've had women for years but now I'm seeing Dr. Merkle (male) and his PA Priscilla...........I recommend both...........

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '15

I use Dr. Theune at Plaza Family Care. She is wonderful.

htown htown
Sep '15

I read reviews of Dr. Theune and they were AWFUL. My daughter goes to PFC and I'd like to go there myself out of sheer convenience. Do you know what hospitals she's affiliated with?

PVGal
Sep '15

I've been to see Dr. Theune and I've been very happy with the care I have received! You're always going to hear negatives, I think people are more likely to post negative reviews than positive ones.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Sep '15

did not like Theune

justsayin justsayin
Sep '15

Antonella Auciello and her Nurse Practitioner next door to the hospital. She's an MD, not a DO. Wouldn't go anywhere else. They are fabulous!

RosieG RosieG
Sep '15

I like Theune and continue to go to her. My husband did not care for her.

Does Dr. Auciello do bloodwork in her office?

PVGal
Sep '15

Also, what's the real difference between an MD and DO?

PVGal
Sep '15

PVGal, Yes, I've had bloodwork done in the office. A medical doctor has more schooling than a D.O, as I understand. I like that she specializes in adults, unlike a Family Practitioner, who sees kids also. I am not interested in sitting in a waiting room packed with children, especially when I don't feel well.

RosieG RosieG
Sep '15

PVGal - Google is your friend. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_MD_and_DO_in_the_United_States

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '15

Thanks guys! I made a decision and am going to try one of these doctors out next week. :)

PVGal
Sep '15

Thank you also - I am new to the area and needed a new doctor!

Cat - There are 20 other discussions on doctor suggestions as well. Just go to the top of the Forum page and use the "search" feature.

Anyone know what happened to Dr Auciello? I referred a friend to her and when she called for an appt they said she is no longer there??

Jpb3302 Jpb3302
Sep '15

I sure hope Dr. Auciello is still there - I have an appt. with her tomorrow, lol.

PVGal
Sep '15

She is definitely there. I was there earlier today!

RosieG RosieG
Sep '15

I am so impressed with Dr. Merkle, his PA and the rest of his staff. I just saw him with a number of concerns and he spent an impressive amount of time speaking with me. In addition a staff member called today to see how I'm feeling. The follow up is terrific.

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '15

LOVE Dr. Merkle! Highly recommend!

Christine Christine
Oct '15

New doctor at Plaza, Dr. Tailor is terrible. No bedside manner at all. Tried telling her my ailments & she seemed very disinterested & rushed me out of there. Zero compassion. Just a job to her. I will be looking for a new practice in 2016.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Dec '15

I had the same experience with Dr. Tailor. I'll be sticking with the practice, but requesting Dr. Theune.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.