Anne Dixon's Watercolor Paintings

I've been thinking about Anne Dixon's wildlife watercolor paintings and wondering if anyone still has her paintings that they are willing to part with. I have quite a few already as I knew her pretty well.
Just curious..

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Sep '15

Does anyone remember Anne?

Sep '15

Anne was an incredibly talented artist. I have two of her paintings but I am keeping them for a while...

If you enjoy Reeves art you might want to look into William Mose's paintings, similiar but, he tends to use muted colors in his paintings. Great folk artist.

positive positive
Sep '15

Did she die?

Redwing
Sep '15

Sorry I misread, I was referring to Anne Reeves.

positive positive
Sep '15

Looked dixon up and I was way off. I think my reading comprehension is off a little. Lol

positive positive
Sep '15

Annie did a beautiful painting of baby rabbits for my girls when they were babies. She is incredibly talented. She did a lot of work for LLBean. She and her family moved to PA quite a few years ago.

colette colette
Sep '15

Anne is fine, I'm sure. I knew her pretty well as her and Anne Reeves and myself did shows together. She also did work for National Geographic. She was very close with her husband and 3 sons and St Marys and they all lived at the top of E. valley View. I have 6 of her paintings including the lion face profile :) I'd take a few more before I move if I could find some with good prices.

Sep '15

I moved to Colorado a few years ago, and just did a search on Anne as I really enjoyed her work. I have 2 trout pictures and a green winged teal of hers, hanging in my house and I gave my Mother a sparrow painting of hers also. Wonderful stuff.

Barry Barry
Jun '16

Anne's watercolor's were amazingly life like. We have several of her paintings. She also did a watercolor of our 3 dogs which we love since they have past on. We would love Anne to contact us by email since we have moved from NJ to Colorado

Roger Loucks Roger Loucks
Jan '17

Anne gave a beautiful baby rabbit watercolor to us for the birth of my 4th daughter. That was 1998. We moved shortly after to VA. I hope she and her family are well.

Fran Tamas Fran Tamas
May '18

I am a big fan of her watercolors of flies. I provided her with a few flies from some relatively famous tiers and some local guys who are not famous but very capable. One was a streamer tied by a friend, Rick Ege, which she painted and then donated to Trout Unlimited for a fundraiser. It hangs near my desk here on Grand Ave and is one of my most treasured possessions. Not sure of its value in dollars, but I value it because of the love I know both tier and painter bestowed to it.

Hope she is doing well. Last I heard she was returning to her beloved Altoona PA.

Agust Agust
May '18

Is the Ann Dixon who once lived in Cleveland Tennessee? If so, I have 2 of her pictures , a red fox and a cheetah. Both beautiful.

Jim O'Connor Jim O'Connor
Jan '19

Don't know this woman, but would like to view some of her work or learn more about her. Is there a web site to learn more? She sounds like an amazing artist, but more than that, an amazing person.

USAfirst USAfirst
Jan '19

+10 Agust

The birds, fowl and flies I have are right up there on the wall with my William Goadby Lawrence's originals and the Bogue Hunt and Frank Stick prints.

One-eyed Poacher One-eyed Poacher
Jan '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.