Breakfast places

Just curious where everyone's favorite local breakfast place is?

Searching
Aug '15

We don't eat breakfast out very often, but our favorites are Carol's Coffee Cup (Oxford) and Thisilldous (Belvidere). Washington Diner isn't to bad either.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '15

All three of those places are pretty good for people over in the western area of the forum.

A bunch of HL people also go out to various Sunday morning charity breakfasts like Mt Lake Firehouse, Knights of Columbus, Independence Fire, Mason's, etc.

A Hackettstown list wouldn't be complete without Stella G's, always good. Budd Lake Bagel is now on the list. And I can also suggest Leo's Lunch does a quite reasonable breakfast as well. C&L and the Grove have decent breakfast sandwiches if that's what you're after.

Bryans is a bit far near the Roxbury mall but it's so delicious, home cooked and cheap...tons of food for little $. Love Stella G' too

gardes gardes
Aug '15

Stella G's - Nothing else like it!!

gardes, where by the Roxbury Mall. I pass there everyday to and from work and can't place it. Sounds like somewhere to try though.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '15

Bessie - It's on Main St, parallel to Route 10. Close to Main & Eyland.

It's about even east-west with the old Victoria Diner. Pass the diner and take the jughandle at Eyland Ave, cross Route 10 and then left on Main.

ianimal ianimal
Aug '15

Tony's in Mansfield

townie14 townie14
Aug '15

I think I know exactly where it is, would never have thought to go there. When you make the left on Main, is it on the right side or the left side of the street? I'm thinking of 2 different spots.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '15

The After in Flanders

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Aug '15

The Committed Pig Route 24 Morristown. Nothing finer.

Lindsay
Aug '15

The Budd Lake Diner.... Rt. 46

Best for a diner. Food is served "HOT".... Plates are warmed. Nothing worse than cold eggs and home fries for breakfast. IMO

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '15

Imo nothing beats Stella G's in town.

If cruising Rt 80 east of here:

Jefferson Diner on Rt 15 in Jefferson
http://www.jeffersondiner.com/

Carvers in Denville
http://carversdenville.weebly.com/

For us western Warren County folks if driving down Rt 31 in Hampton:

Hampton Junction
http://www.hamptonjunction.com

Bessie if you are making the left off of Eyland onto Main it is on the left hand side. Blue and white building almost on that corner. Small place, Cash only, always a wait on the weekend. Food is good, so don't mind waiting

There is Marilyn's Cafe in Chester too, always have a good breakfast there. My favorite in town is always Stella G's though.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Aug '15

We like Uncle Buck's in Belvidere.

I love Uncle Buck's, it's always my breakfast place when Belvidere has their townwide garage sale.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '15

I like Jefferson Diner whenever I'm up that way.

Yankees' fans would love all the memorabilia on the dining room wall.

I'm partial to places that have oldies music playing.

The Roxbury Diner on Route 10 has an autographed picture of a young Frank Robinson among its decorative items.

And, of course, when you don't have time for a leisurely meal, America runs on Dunkin.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '15

Adam's in Budd Lake

Really?
Aug '15

Delaware Diner in Delaware Pa and the Washington Diner

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Aug '15

Caged - "Delaware PA"?? Do you mean Delaware NJ or DWG PA?

Gronsky's in High Bridge

Delaware PA Rt 611 north from Portland pa to the traffic light in Delaware pa right turn at light its on the right side all so next door is a bakery makes good pies

Aug '15

If you head out to Wegman in Nazareth, Diner 248 on the same road is awesome!

Baci's mom Baci's mom
Aug '15

Thanks Caged. That's Delaware Water Gap. (DWG). It's the Water Gap Diner you're talking about and yes they are known for having the Village Farmer bakery next door.

It's a bit further in PA but I like Route 80 to 209 exit and Landmark Cafe. Or even further along down Route 33 is Snydersville Diner. That's a place that where you'll get an ever better pie.

I like Candy's Country Cafe in Stewartsville.
I like their omelets, they don't burn the eggs!

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Aug '15

I went to Candy's once years ago and never went back. I got a cheese omelet and it seemed as if they used Kraft singles to make it. Ick! Who knows, maybe it's better now.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '15

If I don't ask for a specific kind of cheese, I kind of expect it to be pasteurized processed American cheese food when I order a "cheese omelette" or a "cheeseburger" or a "grilled cheese" (-;

ianimal ianimal
Aug '15

No one said IHOP? Haven't been there in a long time. Good food.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Aug '15

ianimal - American cheese sliced from the Shop Rite deli and Kraft singles are to completely different animals. Kraft singles are like they are made of plastic.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '15

Last time I went to Candy's I was OK with the food, but the lady there must have assumed that since I'm a white male, I'm anti-Hillary Clinton. I listened to a barrage of political opinion. Did not respond, just ate my eggs and toast and paid the check.

Could not get out of there fast enough.

I'm not sure whether I'm yay or nay on her yet, that is yet to be decided. I will say that I have voted for the winner in all but one of the presidential elections since 1972.

I don't need politics with my breakfast ... I hate politics ... I have not been back.

Now that the folks in this area know they hate Hillary, I probably did them a favor with this post and increased their business LOL

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '15

They aren't two different animals, simply different breeds of the same animal. I prefer real cheese, but PP Cheese Product has its place, as do the two versions you mentioned.

If I'm going for a melty application like those I mentioned above, Kraft singles melt better. If I'm going for non-melted application like a cold deli sandwich, Land O Lakes has a better cold texture. If I'm going for taste, I'll eat real cheese (-;

ianimal ianimal
Aug '15

If you like Washington Diner, you'd also like the Spinning Wheel Diner on Route 22 in Readington ... same owners and basically the same food. Nicer more scenic location out there in northern Hunterdon.

Ian would like talking football with the guy who is usually in charge at Washington in the evenings ... big Steelers' fan. He knows I'm a Ravens' fan and he still is nice to me ... now THAT'S being professional.

Back in the day, my joke was, "I'll have some Flacco with Rice."

But, things change, especially in football.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Aug '15

Ho yea that is Delaware Water Gap sorry we just call it Delaware Diner here at the house and we know where we are headed

Aug '15

Stella G's

We took the drive to Stella G's this am and, alas, found it closed until Sept 8th.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '15

Went to the Village Farmer the previous weekend after seeing it featured on the Food Network. Food was good, but the entire place needs to be spruced up. And your bathroom is a porta potty? I'm all for a 'Dive' but this was a little much.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Aug '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.