Any Rental Assistance in Town?

Fallen on hard times are there any rental assistance programs through churches in town. Even if they helped out with half.

Worried! Worried!
Jul '15

Maybe Trinity, but really have no idea. Hope someone can help you out.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Jul '15

I could be wrong but I think you have to apply somewhere for it

Booster90 Booster90
Jul '15

Thank you

Worried! Worried!
Jul '15

NORWESCAP has some programs but I think they are mostly geared towards the elderly. Trinity was also the other place I thought of when it comes to a church.

No matter what you should go to United Way. They coordinate a whole host of services, after you pass through all the screening process. You'll need that for a number of other agencies as well.

http://www.unitedwaynnj.org/

Why don't you ask for help at the church that you've been going to every week and donating to the collection plate?

Josh thats some funny S$#@ rite there.

rapmuzik rapmuzik
Jul '15

Do you have children? Contact Warren County Human Services in Belvidere - they will return your phone call, and can answer questions about eligibility.

You will have to make an appointment and take all your documentation, There is a lot of help for families trying - but who need some temporary assistance.

Good Luck!

do you need assistance seeking gainful employment? I know WCCC has programs for that

Skippy Skippy
Jul '15

Josh, that was very unkind. I hope you never need help. shame on you.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Jul '15

Indeed.com has several positions in the area. Also if you already work and just need extra income Alpine Access is a call center from home it pays at least 10 an hour and you can work anytime you want ( I use to do it a few years ago) they have accounts with Microsoft, Ancestry.com ( I worked both those) and tons others. If you need help with a resume, I could assist you.

Firstworldproblems Firstworldproblems
Jul '15

Worried ~ here is some additional info for you

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/warren_county_assistance_progr3.html

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '15

"Josh, that was very unkind. I hope you never need help. shame on you."

No, that was a clear and truthful observation.

If they weren't part of the system in good times, why should they expect the system to help them in bad times?

It's called charity Josh. When you have it you don't have to ask questions like that. Today's helped becomes tomorrows helpers.

Why don't you ask for help at the church that you've been going to every week and donating to the collection plate?

Maybe I missed it Josh, where does the op state he/she goes to church every week and contributes to it financially? Or are YOU just ASSuming he/she does?

shake it up
Aug '15

Shake it up, I think josh is simply saying that any church would much rather help a member of its own congregation than a person who has never been a part of that congregation. I'm sure there is only so much money to go around.

That said, best of luck OP. Keep positive and let us know what happens.

Makeitstop!
Aug '15

If you are a veteran there is help for housing.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Aug '15

Tell us more about your situation so we can help

skippy skippy
Aug '15

There are many ways to get assistance in Warren County, including housing.

Good luck.

http://www.co.warren.nj.us/Humanservices/local_resources.html

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Aug '15

I was having hard times this past winter. Husband laid off..I work full time still could not make the bills. Cable was shut off. Gas was shut off So we went to belvidere for assistance and was turned down anyway , could not get food stamps either and 2 children living in the house Because I still made too much. You have to be totally jobless to get help...

If you make more than around 10k a year, you qualify for nothing. These days, you have to make at least 50k a year to survive in N.J. or have absolutely nothing at all to get help. This system is a great incentive to keep people employed in lower paying jobs. Yeah right.

sparks1964jbc sparks1964jbc
Aug '15

I would suggest visiting the unemployment office nearest you, I understand they have up to date listings of facilities to reach out to, for assistance.

Also, I was told at one time, if you have children in the home, they will not shut heat off ( not sure if valid ) , but with winter coming, would suggest you begin looking into .

Good luck !

Steven Steven
Aug '15

Hello Worried, apply for welfare. Yes its tough to do that, but they will help you in your time of need. There won't be much money involved, but you get food stamps as well. More importantly they send you to experts to help you find work. Good Luck to you and may God Bless You

Thank you everyone, I work FT and have tried every program but they still say I make to much money. I will keep everyone posted, I just need to make it through this month. I have no food in my fridge and I have 2 children.

Worried! Worried!
Aug '15

There is a food pantry in Long Valley:
http://www.lvpc.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=88

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Aug '15

Food for kids is a lot different than trying to get rent assistance.

Besides that pantry, Trinity that was already mentioned has one of the biggest pantries although that may take time to qualify. The other place is go to St James on the corner of Washington & Moore St. They have a summer back pack program for kids.

Thank you All

Worried! Worried!
Aug '15

Worried!,

I know that conventional wisdom is not to give information on the internet, but if there was a way to get some address I would not hesitate to send a few things to you via Amazon (they sell non perishable food items). It would take some creativity for you, possibly to set up some sort of arrangement but I leave that to you.

Hopefully my wife doesn't read this. She thinks I am a cheap crotchety b*stard and I want to keep it that way!

TM

Troublemaker Troublemaker
Aug '15

Worried, you must not be speaking to the right people. There is no reason you have no food in your fridge with two children. This is NJ in 2015.

Go to Trinity Lord's pantry, then and speak with a supervisor at the county.

Again good luck.

Thank you Man, I think (Pray) I may have found some help!

Everyone was very helpful! Glad to know so many people care.

Have a wonderful week!

Worried! Worried!
Aug '15

Thank you TroubleMaker

Worried! Worried!
Aug '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.