Shakeology

Has anyone tried Shakeology and would you recommend it? Likes or dislikes?

It tastes yummy but it's expensive.

Challah Challah
Jul '15

I have tried a few times and I get raging migraines from the stevia. It also has a strong aftertaste in my opinion.

seenit
Jul '15

I also think it has a strong after taste. I mix mine with yogurt and frozen berries for a smoothie and still taste the after taste. Also it is expensive and if you buy from a coach, watch out for auto delivery!

Michelle O Michelle O
Jul '15

Chocolate vegan is the best. Mixed with almond milk and ice it's fantastic! I add a tsp of mint extract and it tastes like a thin mint! Also, I avoid the coach altogether and buy in eBay for cheap!

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Jul '15

Too expensive for PROCESSED whey protein. At $4+ a shake, I prefer Isagenix for under $3 a shake which is higher quality. It also doesn't taste that great. I like Beach Body's workouts, but personally steer clear of their "nutritional" products.

Just Saying... Just Saying...
Jul '15

I tried a chocolate one, that someone had given to me. I agree with what others have said about the weird aftertaste.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Aug '15

I drink it every day! I use it as a protein shake post exercise (marathon training). I've tried many different shakes and love the chocolate shakeology. I blend it with a frozen banana, unsweetened almond milk and a handful of spinach.

Anything that costs as much as those shakes do should taste good without having to add a lot of other ingredients to it. Search Pinterest for better (all natural) shakes which will save you a lot of money. Anyone who uses/sells the product will be adamant that it's the best stuff out there but I'd swear there's brain washing involved. They all say the same exact thing, it's like they're spewing lines from a script, LOL

Yes, I tried some that someone gave me, and no thank you, it's not for me

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Aug '15

Love the vanilla shakeology....it works for me!

outsider outsider
Aug '15

My best friend is a personal trainer and she used Shakeology for awhile. It got very expensive though and I suggested that she try JayRobb protein powder instead because it's seriously the best tasting one. She hemmed and hawed for months and one day she called me and said, "where has this stuff been all my life??!!" Coupled with exercise, it's really a fantastic alternative to shakeology. You can get sample packets at the Vitamin Shoppe for $2-3 per packet just to see if it's for you. I like the vanilla the best. No disgusting aftertaste. Here's their info. I probably would not buy directly from them because I think you can get better deals at either GNC or Vitamin Shoppe, but that's just my opinion. I'm not a fan of any auto delivery stuff.

https://www.jayrobb.com

Antimony Antimony
Aug '15

I use Garden of Life - Raw Fit. Right now at Vitamin Shoppe it's on sale for $27.I use the original flavor (yellow) tub & blend it with almond milk, small banana & some blueberries. The tub only contains 10 servings. To jump start weight loss its suggested you replace 2 meals with the shake. I just have it for breakfast though. Best part is that there is green tea extract in it so you will get a caffeine jolt. I've been trying to wean myself off my light & sweet am coffee.

Buffy Buffy
Aug '15

Antimony, tried the JayRobb and loved it. I think it's pricier than the mrm I was buying, but the difference in taste is well worth it. Now I just have to find the best price for it. Thanks for recommendation.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '15

Awesome Bessie! The quality is so good too. I'm very happy to share that info. I tried so many different brands and really that's the only one that tastes pretty decent. I did try another brand in Sam's Club a few weeks ago that wasn't bad. I'll try to find you the name the next time I go there. I can't stomach that Raw Fit stuff by Garden of Life. It was probably the worst tasting one I've ever tried.

Antimony Antimony
Aug '15

It's good and wholesome. Whoever says it's expensive should do some simple math. When you use this as a meal replacement, as I do, it's only about $4.00 a shake. Where can you eat a healthy lunch or dinner for $4.00. I highly recommend it and you'll actually save money.

Good stuff
Aug '15

Does your simple math include the cost of the shake AND all the crap that people add to it? If so then it's not $4, but good try. And I can surely make a healthy meal for my family that when divided by portion costs the same or less and is more satisfying. Tell us, Good stuff, are you a "coach"?

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Aug '15

Shakeology + meal replacements = waste of money..

Booster90 Booster90
Aug '15

I make a shake for breakfast, adding either Cashew or Almond milk (low fat versions), and did use MRM but bough JayRobb on Antimony's recommendation. I thought the taste was much better than the MRM (though it was pretty good), then decided to figure it out per shake. The JayRobb is $1.60 per shake, keeps me full most of the morning and better yet, I enjoy it. I don't think that's too bad. Lori?
PS I can do a shake for breakfast, doubtful I could substitute one for lunch and definitely not for dinner.

Bessie Bessie
Aug '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.