Best places to visit in Point Pleasant area?

Going down to Point Pleasant soon - haven't been in years.

Anyone know good shops, bars, restaurants, night spots to hit?

Thanks! Happy Safe Summer to all!!

Depends if you are with kids or not! If not, there's the usual: Martells Tiki Bar, Jenkinsons. Both have live entertainment!

For the kiddos, there are rides and arcades and an aquarium.

Anywhere in point pleasant is nice but like the above poster mentioned, martells,jenkinsons. At the northern end of the boardwalk the inlet tiki bar is nice and less crowded.

townie14 townie14
Jul '15

The Broadway (on the corner of Ocean and Broadway, by the inlet) has good burgers and reasonably priced drinks compared to the boardwalk. We also enjoy Shore Fresh which is a restaurant and fresh fish market. Very fresh seafood. It's on Channel Drive. I've also heard good things about Red's Lobster Pot and Spike's.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Jul '15

The aquarium is great, that was my daughter's favorite..a side from the ocean.

positive positive
Jul '15

Shrimp Box, watch the fishing boats leave on their fishing trips.

thehazguy thehazguy
Jul '15

Down by Mantoloking is The Crab Shack on Route 528 ... real fresh sea food.

The true down the shore experience.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '15

Offshore Restaurant and Bar is a wonderful place right on Ocean Ave in Point Pleasant. Good for kids and adults. Very cozy place and excellent food.

htown htown
Jul '15

Thanks so much everybody! I've written all your suggestions down.

If you want to be in the know - ask the Hackettstownies!

10th avenue burrito is a must..fairly certain they opened a location on pt pleasant last year. It was featured on diners, drive ins and dives and lives up to that spotlight.

rock
Jul '15

Harrigans pub on rt 71 in sea girt has good food. Wharfside restaurant in point pleasant has a nice outdoor dining area adjacent to the manasquan inlet. Highly recommend it.

townie14 townie14
Jul '15

http://www.wharfsidenj.com

Stuffed
Jul '15

Also next to the Warfside is the Lobster Shanty. I believe both are owned by Jack Baker. Fabulous food!

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Jul '15

Parental unit what's the name of the restaurant by the McDonald's after the railroad tracks?

townie14 townie14
Jul '15

We always make sure to go to Wharfside, too. Excellent seafood.

Mom of 1&1 Mom of 1&1
Jul '15

"Parental unit what's the name of the restaurant by the McDonald's after the railroad tracks?"

The Ark?

ianimal ianimal
Jul '15

Townie 14 and ianimal, sorry I don't know the area that well. I only know Jack Baker's places because of events I've been to. Sorry I can't help.

parenntal unit parenntal unit
Jul '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.