Getting to Route 80 from Washington

I like my new town of Washington but it takes me a good half hour to get to route 80 East and most friends and family are in Bergen and Morris counties. I take 57 to 46 to 80. Just wondering if there is a quicker way to get to 80 that I don't know about. Thanks in advance!

Nicole1021 Nicole1021
Jul '15

I go 31 to 78 to 287 for Morristown.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jul '15

I do the same as Old Gent to Morristown.

I'm not sure where you are in Washington. I'm in Oxford and when I have to take 80 I take 31 to 46 to Ketcham Rd. to Ridge Rd. to 517 to 80.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

You can also take a left onto Water Street and take Catswamp Rd. to 517 to 80.

You could also do 31 to 78 to the tpke for Bergen

skippy skippy
Jul '15

Thanks everyone!!

Nicole1021 Nicole1021
Jul '15

Hey Nicole, i would stay the way you go, getting through 57 and hackettstown is too much traffic these days

Doctor K16 Doctor K16
Jul '15

Hi Nicole. I live in Washington. Go Rt. 57 East to the traffic light at Port Murray Road & Mansfield Elementary. Turn left. Follow up through Port Murray abut two miles and pass the fire house and public works garage on your right. Then make your second tight turn on to Rockport Road ( also county Route 629). Follow that all the way to Hackettstown and the traffic light ( about 8 miles) with Route 46/ Main Street. Go through the intersection and it becomes Rt. 517/High Street. Follow to 80. Its 20 minutes tops.

FriendlyNeighbor FriendlyNeighbor
Jul '15

Nicole2010, add about 6 minutes to FrienlyNeighbors time to get to your current starting time on rate 80 at the Budd Lake entrance.

Best thing to do is check Wave or Google maps before you leave to see which highway has less traffic, 31 to 78/287 or 57 to 80. When I am physically in Washington, I prefer the 78 trip. More miles, but all highway, about the same time.

You are about halfway between route 80 and 78, actually a little closer to 78. Therefore, you will be driving a lot...

Coming from Washington I was thinking perhaps Brass Castle Rd north to Rt 519 to I 80 exit 12 on ramp??

Let me guess the realtor that sold you the house said 80 was right down the road and NY was a 1 hr drive :-) Welcome to the country.

kevmo kevmo
Jul '15

Vic - I've tried that route and it takes about the same amount of time to get to the 80 entrance in Hope as it does to get to the one in Allamuchy.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

Vic, that route works well if headed westbound, but takes longer if going eastbound. Nice drive, though!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.