Panther Valley Social Group

Hi I'm wondering if anyone in Panther Valley would be interested in an informal social group. I know there is a friends and neighbors of allamuchy but their activities are during the week and I work.

Pvsocial Pvsocial
Jul '15

what a great idea

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

We've lived here for three years and we'd love to be part of a social group! I'd even help you organize it, if you'd like any help. Perhaps the PVPOA would allow an announcement if you need more people.

Darleen Darleen
Jul '15

I'm in and agree. Most activities are geared to retirees or stay at home set.

Great idea! We would be interested.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jul '15

Would be interested as well, schedule permitting

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '15

What types of activities were you thinking of?

PVGal
Jul '15

Thanks everyone ! Pvgal I'm open to any suggestions :)

Pvsocial Pvsocial
Jul '15

What is the age group on here?

PVGal
Jul '15

40's here

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '15

is that question related to chronological age or ............................

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

I am interested too. I moved to the Meadows of Mountain Ridge section in late March & would love to get to know people in my age range or so. I am in my late 40's. I work but can get together after work or on weekends. We could do a book club or talk a walk sometime or take turns at someone's house having appetizers and drinks perhaps?

All ages welcome .......

Pvsocial Pvsocial
Jul '15

I don't live in PV, but in mansfield. Moved up here from NYC, would like to be part of a social group.

Rheredia
Jul '15

I spoke with the organizer earlier today, and truly feel this group can come together. Let's all make it happen!

Darleen Darleen
Jul '15

For those interested that don't have an envelope by their name please pm me !!

Pvsocial Pvsocial
Jul '15

Sounds great. I'm interested too

PVmom3 PVmom3
Jul '15

Hi please send me the info, too. I'm in PV and I'm almost (gulp!) 40!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Jul '15

uh Jersey Girl ---- hush - I have a few decades on you.......wonder if the young'uns will approve.............lol

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

I should have as much energy as you 5cat!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '15

thanks Jrzygirl

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

Great responses this week !!! Thanks to all ....also this is for women and men , couples and singles ....all welcome !!!

Pvsocial Pvsocial
Jul '15

Thank you, Pvsocial!

Darleen Darleen
Jul '15

I am moving into PV next week and would love to find about social groups, and meet my neighbors! Would appreciate any info!

Cheryl Cheryl
Dec '15

I live on Osprey, semi-retired, and a good cook, especially Italian. Your idea sounds like fun. How can I contribute?

DannyC DannyC
Dec '15

Not sure if anything ever really came of this. But after holidays are over would love to get some people together if interested.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Dec '15

I just contacted Pvsocial to let her know that there still is an interest. Let's hope we can do this.

Darleen Darleen
Dec '15

I too am still interested.

PVmom3 PVmom3
Dec '15

I am still interested - wondered what happened last time around.............

5catmom 5catmom
Dec '15

One of the interested parties offered to host a house party, but the plans fell through, apparently. I haven't heard back from the leader yet. I'll keep you posted.

Darleen Darleen
Dec '15

Hi! I was just reading through some old posts and came across this. I'm interested! Did anything ever come about on this?

Thanks!

Why don't we plan a get-together so that we can all meet and line up some activities. We can meet somewhere local like the Panther Pub one night or perhaps over the weekend like Sunday. We can also meet at a diner & have breakfast if more people would like that option instead of the Panther Pub. Let me know if you are interested & I can set something up. I am free this Sunday if that works with everyone.

Luca,

Panther Pub. I love their steak. Any time after 6 PM weeknights for me. Breakfast is too early for me, and I often work for my daughters on weekends. Very interested in meeting with you all and getting this going.

DannyC DannyC
Jan '16

only weekends work for me !

Missrx Missrx
Jan '16

Weekend nights? Worst case, I can get there by 7 PM after a day of carpentry. Both daughters are doing major renovations and need help.

DannyC DannyC
Jan '16

We can certainly meet on a weekend night at Panther Pub at 7. Next Monday or Tuesday works for me. Let's see what works for others as well!

My husband and I would both be interested and would go to the Pub next Monday or Tuesday night. We are there at least once a week anyway.

Some weekends would be ok as well.

Would be great to meet some of you!

BrandyB BrandyB
Jan '16

OK, so who is organizing this? Let's get a definite place, date and time to meet.

DannyC DannyC
Jan '16

This all sounds good to me! Do we want to say next Tuesday night (19th) at 7pm Panther Pub?
Traci

Tuesday sounds good to me

PVmom3 PVmom3
Jan '16

Well I'm glad this is getting going but weeknights aren't good for me. If anything comes up on a weekend keep me posted

Missrx Missrx
Jan '16

Weeknights are typically the best for me either Missrx so let's for sure plan another meet up soon!

I meant are not typically the best.

Missrx - We should make plans for a weekend night. Don't want to miss anyone.

DannyC DannyC
Jan '16

This is true! Whenever we all can would be better, I know it's hard with everyone's schedules. Maybe this Sunday later afternoon?

TK - Sunday nights work for me, after 6 PM.

Pvsocial - "For those interested that don't have an envelope by their name please pm me !!" What do you mean by this, and what should I do?

DannyC DannyC
Jan '16

Danny- When you post on here with an email address, as you do, a little envelope shows up next to your screen name. Other posters can send you a private message by clicking on that envelope. When posters post without an email address, you cannot send them a private message.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '16

So all I have to do is wait for a private message from Pvsocial, right? Or should I try to send a private message to Pvsocial? Sorry, new at this.

DannyC DannyC
Jan '16

Danny - It sounds to me like TK has pretty much taken the lead here as Pvsocial hasn't posted since July.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '16

OK - New to this to taking lead makes me nervous, but I'll try!
Who can do: SUNDAY (17th) 6PM at PANTHER PUB?

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Panther Pub, Sunday (17th) 6PM. Hanger Steak for me. Pricey, but so tasty. I'm going to suggest dinner parties in PV. My place is not big enough to host more than 6 people, but I can cook for a crowd of dozens. Thanks for taking the lead.

DannyC DannyC
Jan '16

My husband and I can do PV Pub at 6PM on Sunday.

Thanks everyone !

BrandyB BrandyB
Jan '16

We also would like to meet all of you this Sunday at 6 pm at The Panther Pub. You're right that it appears that the original plans fell through, but I'm optimistic that we can make this happen. Will someone take care of making a reservation?

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

Sure thing. I can take care of the reservation. I will see how many responses we get off this thread and I will send personal messages to the few I note on here from the earlier post to let them know and see if they're still interested. I'll make the reservation towards the end of the week when we get a roundabout number.

Hi TK - Count me in! Let's make this happen!

Thank you to everyone for helping to put this together!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

Hi again!
I am trying to send personal messages to the few I see on here that showed interest but there seems to be some kind of cap on how many you can send - it allowed me to do 3. So, to those of you I missed...
THIS SUNDAY (JANUARY 17TH) at 6pm at PANTHER PUB.
Please let me know us know if you would like to join or just drop on by! I'm going to make a reservation just so we are sure they have room for us so trying to get a roundabout number. Hope to see you there!

Count me in.

PVmom3 PVmom3
Jan '16

TK - Thanks for your work. Don't worry about personal messages. Put me down for two people, since one of my lady friends, also from PV, wants to attend as well.

DannyC DannyC
Jan '16

Is there room for one more? I hope this group is open minded!!! I'm thinking of a fun activity... Everyone's keys in a bowl and pick for a partner when we leave! ;-)

Ksween Ksween
Jan '16

I'd love to- but probably not around this Sunday eve...........keep us posted please and have a great time

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '16

hi- do you have room for one more? Do you have the age group, singles, married?

pv1994 pv1994
Jan '16

Yes, there is room for one more person. The group is not age restricted and is open to those who are single or married. See you tomorrow!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

My Husband was going to join me but has to go out of town for business. Tomorrow it will just be me. Just wanted to give a heads up for the head count.

See you all tomorrow!

BrandyB BrandyB
Jan '16

Everyone is welcome, no problem!
See you all tomorrow :)

What a fun night with a great group of people! For those of you who were unable to attend, you missed something special. Check back here for our future Panther Valley gatherings.

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

Thanks to everyone that came out. I enjoyed meeting all of you. What a great group !

We are looking forward to the next get together.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jan '16

Such a fun night! We have great neighbors in Panther Valley:)
We will be scheduling another get together in the next couple of weeks. Will post details soon!

Ditto what everyone said ....a great night!!

Missrx Missrx
Jan '16

How nice that you all got to meet. We've made some good friends here and for that I'm very grateful.

Bessie Bessie
Jan '16

Bessie, I agree! And sometimes we even run into each other at the grocery store :) Always nice to see a friendly face there!

Maja...not to be off topic but we checked long term parking at JFK, may be the best way

Bessie Bessie
Jan '16

It was so nice meeting everyone. A great bunch of people. Looking forward to the next time.

PVmom3 PVmom3
Jan '16

I hope to make the next one - that is if you have room for "the elderly" - though I don't always behave that way --- anyway glad you all had such a good time - I am anxious to get to know more than my immediate neighbors --

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '16

Bessie and Maja,
I hope you can join us at the next fun event!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

5catmom,
We're looking forward to seeing you at our upcoming social gatherings!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

Thanks Darleen

5catmom 5catmom
Jan '16

Mark your calendars for the next Panther Valley social gathering!

FOR: All PV residents - ages/singles/couples
WHEN: Friday, January 29th, 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Panther Pub

We intend on planning different future events at other locations but thought the initial would be best at most convenient place.

Please let us know if you plan on attending. Feel free to post or email me directly any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new neighbors!

My husband and I plan to attend. Will be great to see you all again and hopefully meet more new neighbors.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jan '16

Be safe, everyone, and we'll see you on Friday night!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

How about we all meet for a giant snow ball fight? LOL....

Seems they under estimated our accumulation but we are having fun.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

See you on Friday.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jan '16

Hope everyone had a safe snow day!

See you Friday.

Dug out after being plowed in by PVOA. Weather looks good for Friday, so I am in. What is the head count now? Does Panther Pub have enough room? Maybe ask for a discount or commission for all the business you are bringing to them! BTW, did you have to spend anything for advertising the event on this forum?

DannyC DannyC
Jan '16

Count me in Friday please

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '16

4catmom & DannyC will see you there!
DannyC - I'll message you.

I'll be there !

Missrx Missrx
Jan '16

will get there with Jrzygirl -- looking forward to meeting PV peeps...

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '16

Thanks for the RSVP 4cat.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '16

Sorry I can't make it! Leaving for Mexico Saturday very early but definitely next time I will catch you all!

Just a reminder for tomorrow night.
Looks like we're going to have a nice little group...looking forward to seeing you all there!

I'm so glad to have met a fine group of PV residents. I just wish we were in a space easier to move around and talk to more folk. I'm also glad there are at least two of us who are going to start walking with (hopefully) some regularity.
Thanks to the organizers.

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '16

Very nice group of people, from all over the vast Panther Valley. I tried to make my way to both ends of the long table, but as you say, it was not easy to move around and talk to everyone. Ditto, thanks to the organizers. Next time someone with a big place might host a dinner party that I would be delighted to cook for. Please submit recipe preferences.

DannyC DannyC
Jan '16

Good morning, all,

Last night was so much fun and it's amazing to see how quickly the group is growing. We all seem to have instant camaraderie. The next event is a Comedy Night at Rutherford Hall and we'll be able to mix and mingle before and after the show. Please R.S.V. P. through our forum so that we can arrange to be seated together. Our tickets need to be purchased in advance and can be ordered online or by calling (908) 852-1894 x 138.

Click on the link below to find the details on our next event: http://www.aes.k12.nj.us/Domain/175

We are researching venues that will allow us to move around more readily while together. That way we can "play musical chairs" and get to know everyone. House parties are a great option and we're working on those as a possibility.

Looking forward to our next gathering! Invite your friends!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

Such a nice time last night. It was a pleasure meeting all of you! Will definitely host something at my house in the future, I was thinking since it is on the smaller side maybe a BBQ when the weather gets warmer. Thanks to the organizers and to the Panther Valley Pub for a job well done.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '16

It was so nice to see everyone again and meet some new friendly faces. Thank you all for coming out. I agree...we have already outgrown the Pub. No worries...we are putting our heads together on other options, all suggestions welcome.
Hope to see you all again soon and feel free to invite your fellow PV neighbors!

Nan,

Please add me to the list of those who would like to walking with you!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

Danny,

Wow! How could we turn down an offer from someone who wants to cook for us. We'll work out details when we see you again. I think it would be fun if we had you teach us how to cook your specialties. We could have a social group and cooking school all in one!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

Shannon,

How kind of you to offer to host a barbecue. When the warm weather gets here, we'll definitely take you up on your offer. It was nice meeting you and I hope we can chat more next time. Perhaps you can join us for the comedy show.

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

Think I will be in for the comedy show, just want to check on a few things. Will know for sure by Monday. We will keep you posted what days we are going to walk this week. Looking forward to you joining us.

Just reading the other threads about the new Craft Breweries in town, although not a huge beer drinker. That could be a fun night out, and I am sure they would love to have our new group.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jan '16

Great ideas! Looking forward to the next get together.

Please count me in for the comedy show. I haven't been able to make the past couple of events due to scheduling conflicts, but am looking forward to this one! Thanks to the organizers for getting this group up and running.

Charliedog4 Charliedog4
Jan '16

Shannon,

A craft brewery night would be fun!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

Great, charliedog4!
We have all been able to meet a wonderful group of people. Glad you are able to join the next event!

The Recreation Comm. of P.V. are planning a Lake Hopatcong Dinner Cruise for Sunday. July 24. It would be great if we could fill the Boat. I think that is about 45 people. Please email me for info. I am Rec. Chair.. I think it will be great fun.

isobel isobel
Jan '16

I just sent an email. Here is another one. I am very active with R.H. and look forward to meeting all of you on Comedy Night.

isobel isobel
Jan '16

Isobel,

Is the boat trip on the Lady Lotta? I would love to do that.
See you on the 13th at Rutherfurd Hall.

Darleen Darleen
Jan '16

I will have to check but I think it is the Lady Lotta.

Isobel Isobel
Jan '16

Isobel,
The dinner cruise sounds great. At this rate, by then we may just be able to reach 45 people! Thanks for the suggestion.

Purchased my ticket for the commedy event! Can't wait to see everyone again.

BB

BrandyB BrandyB
Feb '16

I won't be able to make the 13th - Have a great time

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '16

It was nice meeting you the other day, Darleen. Just going to put out the message about Sunday breakfast and wanted to extend the invite to everyone. This week it's the Knights of Columbus.

I've got my ticket .....looking forward to it !

Missrx Missrx
Feb '16

I've got my ticket as well.. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '16

Unfortunately I will be out of town for the holiday the weekend of the comedy show. I know you all will have a great time, enjoy the laughs!

We're working on the planning of the next event...will keep you posted!

Next Event:
February 13th Comedy Night at Rutherfurd Hall in Allamuchy Meet There at 7:00 pm
Please R.S.V. P. through our forum so that we can arrange to be seated together.
Tickets need to be purchased in advance and can be ordered online or by calling (908) 852-1894 x 138.

Click on the link below to find the details for this event: http://www.aes.k12.nj.us/Domain/175

Upcoming Event:
February 26th
Dinner at Mama's in Hackettstown

Darleen Darleen
Feb '16

sorry - can't make it as I am going to see my friend's band that same time - enjoy!

That's understandable. We hope to meet you soon, Luca.

Darleen Darleen
Feb '16

Bumping this up - hoping I can make the February 26th meet up

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '16

Just a reminder for anyone who has not been to Mama's, it is BYOB. They do sell wine by the bottle from a local winery but most people like to bring their own.

BrandyB BrandyB
Feb '16

Husbands band playing Bea McNallys Saturday March 12th! Anyone up for that?

Darleen ~

Any idea how many for Saturday Comedy Night?

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '16

I just called the box office. There are still 6 tickets left for the show tonight. Come join us!

Darleen Darleen
Feb '16

Lots of laughs with a great group of people. Thanks for organizing another fun time.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '16

I'm so sorry I missed it !!!!! Darn migraines
Thanks for the info IRun ....great idea for a night out
March 12 Bea Mcnallys Hackettstown
7 pm dinner first then let's stay and hear this great band !!!

Missrx Missrx
Feb '16

As the say, "Laughter is the best medicine." Last night's event was so much fun. Rutherfurd Hall hopes to schedule another comedy night in the spring. Our next event is a dinner at Mama's in Hackettstown on Friday, February 26th. We have several events in mind for March and April. Write to us for more information.

Darleen Darleen
Feb '16

Last night was great. Fun entertainment and an awesome group to hang with. Rutherford Hall did a great job.

Looking forward to Mama's and then B's!

BrandyB BrandyB
Feb '16

I heard it was a great time at the comedy show, so glad to hear it...sorry I had to miss it!

Looking forward to seeing you all again and some new faces next Friday at Mamas!

Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday.

Marta Marta
Feb '16

Don't think I will be making it this Friday.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '16

Planning to be there

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '16

Are "gate crashers" allowed?? ;-)

Sure thing, you are welcome! I'll call the guard gate at mamas and put you on the list haha!

Should be fun...we've got about 15 of us for Friday and always have room for more. See you there :)

Plans are rearranged and I can make it after all. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '16

TK - better warn them about the initiation for gate crashers......lol

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '16

Oh yes, GC we did tell you it was a costume party, right? haha!

Thanks again for another fun night!! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon... GC so glad you came and joined us!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '16

Ditto to what JrzyGirl88 said................and looking forward to the walking "group" tomorrow................

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '16

That sure was a fun night...good times!

Re: Panther Valley Social Group

TK - The guard at the gate I bribed said "we don't need no stinkin' costumes". I should have come as an ATF agent. I could open up my own liquor store with all the confiscations.

But thanks for that!

lovely day for a 1 1/2 hour walk...............5 of us............

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '16

Haha funny GC and very true!

Agreed...very nice walk for 5 of us + 1 doggy :)

Dear Lord, I do apologize right from the start. I know I'm going straight to Hell, but I now recognize these people by their rear ends. ;-)

sitting on my hands

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '16

I'm clearly a novice, but have created a Facebook page for us at https://www.facebook.com/Panther-Valley-Social-Group-AllamuchyHackettstown-1693302120925941/

We have found that many of us enjoying taking walks together, so let us know if you want to be part of our walking group.

Here are some of our upcoming events:

Dinner at Bea McNally's Restaurant
Saturday, March 12th
Meet There at 7:00 pm
Aisle Five Band Will Be Performing at 9:30 pm http://www.aislefiveband.com
RSVP By March 10th

Dinner at Mattar's Restaurant
Friday, April 1st
RSVP by March 30th

Saturday, April 9th
Comedy Show "My Mother's Italian, My Father's Jewish and I'm in Therapy"
Centenary College Chapel (Not the Lackland Center)
Will Be Attending the 8:00 pm Show
Meet There at 7:30 pm
Must Buy Tickets in Advance Expected to Sell Out
Please Let Me Know When You Buy Your Ticket
Visit http://www.hackettstownrotary.org/docs/Solomon-Flyer%208.5x11.pdf
for Details on Ticket Purchasing

Darleen Darleen
Feb '16

Uh oh. [sigh] Looks like daddy's in trouble again. [snicker, snicker]

White Shoes White Shoes
Feb '16

Who's interested?

Dinner at Bea McNally's Restaurant
Saturday, March 12th
Aisle Five Band Will Be Performing at 9:30 pm http://www.aislefiveband.com
RSVP By March 10th

Darleen Darleen
Mar '16

Unfortunately, I will be out of town for a weekend getaway so am unable to make it.

As of now, we have about 10 attending on Saturday. Anyone else feel free to just let myself or Darleen know if would like to join so we can keep track of the headcount for the reservation.

Hope you all have a great time - enjoy dinner and the band!
And I'll see everyone at the next gathering at Mattars on April 1st :)

Count the 2 of us in. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

BrandyB BrandyB
Mar '16

see you at Mattars - I have other commitments on the other dates ---
but - do want to keep the walking group going......

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

I'm up for walking once you become available!

Darleen Darleen
Mar '16

probably over the weekend - Sunday being better than Saturday - who's with us??

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

Normally I could, but we just made plans for Sunday.

Darleen Darleen
Mar '16

What a fun time we all had last night! Welcome to the new neighbors who joined us! We even got a shoutout from the incredible band! I think everyone would enjoy their music and we should see them again. http://aislefiveband.com/schedule.asp

Don't forget our next event at Mattar's on April 1st. We'll be meeting there at 7:00 pm and hope to be in a private dining room.

The following week on Saturday, the 9th, let's gather for the comedy play, "My Mother's Italian, My Father's Jewish and I'm in Therapy" which will be performed at the chapel at Centenary College. We will need to purchase our tickets in advance for that show.

Darleen Darleen
Mar '16

I'll see you on the first..............and maybe we'll be able to get in some regular walking??

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

It was a great night ! The band was awesome and it was very nice to meet irun and others !

See everyone on the 1st!

BrandyB BrandyB
Mar '16

I'm hoping for walking, too, and will hope to find others to join us.

Darleen Darleen
Mar '16

Panther valley social group members,
I think it's time we need to discuss a neighborhood watch. With this crazy killing in panther valley right under our nose we have no time to waist. I will like to nominate myself as the president of this group, I know you haven't met me but you're going to love me!!! We need to recruit as many people as possible for this is a major issue. I feel scared to be living here. We need to do something about it together ! Clearly having that strong gate gaurd is is not enough! Let's unit as one!!! Also in the mean time can people please think of a group name to call ourselves! Contact me with serious inquiries only! Go PV!

PV STRONG PV STRONG
Mar '16

PV Strong, it was a domestic issue that could have happened anywhere. I don't think there is need for alarm.

Being aware is one thing, but living in paranoia is quite another thing.

Just effects one's quality of life.

positive positive
Mar '16

I live in Panther Valley and the would like to join you "fun bunch".
Annette

annette annette
Mar '16

PV STRONG -

This is a social group. I met many interesting people with all kinds of political views, which was most enjoyable. I am looking forward to seeing them again and possibly cooking for some parties, just for fun. If you are looking for a security job, please look elsewhere.

DannyC DannyC
Mar '16

PV Strong - You need to chill out...seriously. What happened was an isolated domestic incident. If you're scared then move.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Mar '16

PV STRONG - your fear is misplaced -

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

DannyC what a great idea to cook for this meeting, thank you for your offer. As for the others who "heard" this is a domestic fight, just continue on your walks, holding hands, and taking pictures. We really don't need weak people for this group. Nothing is yet reported of it being domestic except for the chatterboxes gossiping on here. So I will continue to start my own neighborhood watch, and still see if anyone is with me!! Cmon we can do more then dinners and shows, we can really come together! I'm thinking of designing black shirts with a cutsie logo on it. Anyone know where I can do it?! I'm thinking of it saying "stronger than the gate- PV strong "!! Thanks in advance

PV STRONG PV STRONG
Mar '16

That post has to be a joke. I nominate myself. You don't know me but will love me. If it's real I already don't like you.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Mar '16

Hahaha bob you'll love me as much as u love craft beer

PV STRONG PV STRONG
Mar '16

PV STRONG - No offer for cook for you, pal. Start your own thread, and leave these good people alone.

DannyC DannyC
Mar '16

Annette ~ our next get together is Friday April 1st. We are meeting at Mattar's @ 7:00pm. Hope you can meet us. The group really seems to be coming together and we have had a lot of fun getting to know each other. I think the RSVP date is March 30th for this one.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '16

JrzyGirl88 - Looking forward to dinner with you all at Mattar's on the first. One of their great steaks with all the fixings for me. Happy Easter.

DannyC DannyC
Mar '16

Count me in for 1, I look forward to meeting all of you!!!

PV STRONG PV STRONG
Mar '16

PV STRONG PV STRONG
Mar '16

Lmao!! PV STRONG

PV STRONG - You are in fantasy land. Go there, or just go away.

DannyC DannyC
Mar '16

Happy Easter to you too DannyC. Look forward to seeing you.

PV Strong, the more the merrier! Thought you would have been at the board meeting last night discussing your Community Watch ideas, if you were there why didn't speak up about it, or mention your problems with the gate??

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Mar '16

Can we remember this is a social group - out to meet new friends and have a good time - PV business belongs at a board level, no?

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

JrzyGirl88 - Yes, you outlined the civilized way to get things done. If PV STRONG had been there, he/she might have landed a job in security, and got off our backs.

DannyC DannyC
Mar '16

Geez, I'm sorry that I posted in the incorrect thread. I was trying to be social and bring awareness. Ya know, "Two birds, one stone" I have attended the meetings several time and feel that nothing ever gets resolved there. To all of your disappointment I still plan on going to Mattar's and meeting all of you. You'll be able to notice me, I'll be wearing my shirt with the logo on back.

PV STRONG PV STRONG
Mar '16

PV STRONG - Willing to listen to your spiel, then ask everyone in the group respond in a civilized way. I think you are one sick pup, but that's just me.

DannyC DannyC
Mar '16

Well, as one of the organizers of this great group, let me welcome you PV strong!
I'll take a size small tshirt if you are bringing enough for everyone.
Feel free to PM your name and I will add you to the list:)

I am good for 1st of April at Mattar's. Good food, Good drinks, and Good company.

Larry M Darst Larry M Darst
Mar '16

Looking forward to seeing you again, Larry!

I cannot wait to see everyone again. What an awesome group of genuinely nice people!

BrandyB BrandyB
Mar '16

+++++1111111111 BrandyB

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

Hi TK!
Thank you so much for being so welcoming to me, of coarse I will bring a shirt along for you :) No need for a pm my name is Karen and I will see you kids there! Looking forward to meeting everyone and so excited to show you the shirts I've made! And don't worry DannyC i don't want you to catch my sick pup disease so I'll stay far away from your side of the table!

PV STRONG PV STRONG
Mar '16

PV STRONG (Karen) - Don't worry. I will not attend, thanks to you.

DannyC DannyC
Mar '16

I'm looking forward to our Friday, April 1st Dinner at Mattar's. Meet there at 7:00 pm. If you'd like to attend, but didn't RSVP yet, feel free to private message me here.

Darleen Darleen
Mar '16

See you Friday, Darleen - may have one more -will let you know tomorrow.

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

Darleen, you've got masil.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '16

Oops, no idea what masil is, should have been mail, lol.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '16

It made me laugh!

Darleen Darleen
Mar '16

If it's good, I want some, Bessie

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

I thought it was your secret word for wassail. If it comes out good, I want some too!

happiest girl
Mar '16

happiest girl - Even if it wasn't their secret password, it is now! I've met those people, I do believe there will be some happy campers if Bessie provides the wassail. ;-)

I see "masil" and I think vinegar and water, not mulled cider (-;

ianimal ianimal
Mar '16

It was another fine gathering last night...........Thanks to TK and Darleen for organizing us - the group has grown - great people!

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '16

My pleasure...now that was a fun time! I'll say we've grown, fill up an entire room! Great new people each time. So glad to see the word has gotten out even way outside HL and we've all met so many fun people.

Thanks to Mattar and our waitresses as well...awesome job!

What a nice night out, enjoyed meeting new people and hearing one of the best stories I've heard in ages. Thanks for sharing! Appreciate the invite!

Bessie Bessie
Apr '16

Fun times!!

Larry M Darst Larry M Darst
Apr '16

Thanks for turning a lousy day into a good night, a special thanks to my two drivers! Enjoyed meeting the newbies, hope they come out with us again and we get more of a chance to chat. Bessie loved seeing you again and hope you bring Clyde next time, we missed seeing him! Thanks again Darleen & TK for organizing.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '16

Got ya covered JrzyGirl...heck we are walking distance! I know where I'm going for dinner:)

Another fun outing !

BrandyB BrandyB
Apr '16

We had so much fun with everyone last night. You know it's a good night when you've laughed so hard that you cried! We're so excited to see that the group is growing as it is.
We're facing a problem with the reservation for The Tap House Grille. When I originally called them everything seemed fine. We will keep the date of the 23rd of April for the event, but need to find a new venue. Does anyone have a suggestion? Would you all be willing to go back to Mattar's again if nothing else works out? You can private message your thoughts to me.

Darleen Darleen
Apr '16

I just found out that Mattar's doesn't have entertainment on a Saturday night. So, now the big question remains. Where do we find entertainment at a place that can accommodate all of us on a Saturday night? It looks as if we'll just have to entertain each other!

Darleen Darleen
Apr '16

As soon as it gets warm a BBQ for sure TK. Darleen how about Pub 517, I think they have entertainment on weekends.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Apr '16

They no longer offer entertainment.

Darleen Darleen
Apr '16

How about - Blackstones (was Pietros), Salt, or Bells Mansion?

Great ideas PJPV! Is everyone ok with a 15 minute drive to go to Salt or Bells? I know I'm all for it! But how about others...are you ok with venturing out of town for the April 23rd get together or would you prefer to stay very local? Let us know your thoughts and we'll look into these if everyone wants.

As most of you know, we tried to book the suggested places but did not work as we are too big of a group to accommodate - hey, we could have worse problems!

Thanks everyone for helping pick the next place: April 23rd at 7pm at Prickly Pear

Please try to RSVP by April 21st through here or the group email. We will continue to post events on the forum if anyone new is interested, you are always welcome to join, just let us know!

count me in....

larry m darst larry m darst
Apr '16

Great turnout at the Prickly Pear, thanks to all for coming out! Good food, drinks and laughs, as always :)

Our next event will be the comedy show at Rutherford Hall on Saturday, May 21st at 8pm (see calendar for link).

Should be a great time, hope to see everyone there. Please let us know if you will be able to make it. Anyone new interested in joining our fun is always welcome - the more the merrier! Feel free to post or PM me if you'd like more information about us.

For a night of laughs, come see Joe Fernandes, Dan DiMarino, Don Michalowski, Shelly Lederman and Dave Saitzyk on May 21st at Rutherfurd Hall in Allamuchy. All show details are available on the website, but here's a quick summary.

The cost of the tickets are $25. Light refreshments are served and a cash bar is available. Doors open at 7:00 pm and the show starts at 8:00 pm.

The tickets can be purchased in advance at http://rutherfurdhall.tix.com/Event.aspx?EventCode=861468. It's possible that the tickets will sell out, so please buy yours soon. Please let us know when you have purchased your ticket. Thank you.

Darleen Darleen
May '16

Our next event:
WHEN: Friday, June 10th at 7:30pm
WHERE: Taphouse Grille for dinner/drinks

All PV welcome...it's a great way to meet your neighbors and is sure to be another fun evening!
Please try to RSVP by June 7th.

Just a reminder about this Friday's PV Social Group's event at Taphouse Grille. If anyone would like to join that hasn't RSVP'd yet please just let us know. Thanks!

Another great night!! Thank you so much Darleen for organizing, BrandyB for being our own Martha Stewart and thinking of just about everything!! And to everyone else who made the day so nice with your contributions to our little party. Good food, Good wine, Fantastic fireworks, Great Friends! Wishing you all a very Happy and Safe Independence Day!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '16

It was a perfect evening! Great weather, food, music and fireworks but the best part was the company. Thanks for the shoutout JG! It was my pleasure.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th!

BrandyB BrandyB
Jul '16

Sounds like a great night at the fireworks, glad you all had fun! Sorry we couldn't make it - busy, busy weekend! Hope to see everyone at the next event.

I am wondering if there is another social event planned. I live in Hope, and there is no social life here.

And if you could inform me if this is a mixed group? Singles and couples? All ages?

Thanks!

Sally Sally
Jul '16

I just moved here.., can someone give me more information please as to what the group is about and how I join? What an awesome community to be part of!

Hi Sally and Rose!
I'll send you both emails.

I would like to participate and keep with what is happening in the community. It:s a beautiful section of Hackettstown.

Debra B Debra B
Aug '16

Friday, October 14th
Dinner at The Asian Diner
Attached to the Quality Inn in Ledgewood
Meet There at 7:00 PM
Offering Chinese, Japanese, Hibachi and Thai Food
Visit http://www.asiandinerrestaurant.com for Menu Sampler
(The menu that I picked up at the restaurant is much more extensive than the online one.)
I've heard good things about this new establishment.
Separate Checks Can be Given
BYOB at This Time, but Might Have Their Liquor License by Then
Entertainment: Piano Musician
RSVP by 10/12

Darleen Darleen
Oct '16

I would like to become a part of this group. Can someone please reach out to me with information on how to join. I live in Old Farm. I am divorced & would like to meet some great people.
Thank you
Kenneth

Kenneth Lisi Kenneth Lisi
Jan '17

Hi, Kenneth,

We have an event scheduled for Saturday night and another one for 2/11. Feel free to private message me with any questions. I will gladly add you to our e-mail list!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '17

Me too! I emailed you Darleen!

Dallas Dallas
Jan '17

I have forwarded the complete schedule to you. We hope to meet you soon!

Darleen Darleen
Jan '17

Is this group still in existence? Any events this Memorial Day weekend?

HackLifer HackLifer
May '17

Still in existence.. No events this weekend but several coming up in the next few weeks.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '17

It’s 2018 is this group still around?

It is. There's contact information in The Panther as well as nextdoor and facebook

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '18

Does this group exist?

Fred
Jun '19

It usually has a listing and an email in the Panther which comes out to residents every month....

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '19

The group is not currently offering organized events.

Darleen
Jun '19

Well let’s organize then or start a new group ok? Seems as if plenty are interested. What do you guys think?

Fred
Jun '19

Fred ~ the group was active for a few years, unfortunately the planning all fell on the same person each month. She did a fantastic job and I will be forever thankful as she has become such a great friend. Please think of an event and post it. I am sure you will have interested people. Always good to make new friends.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '19

Post a yes if interested in a panther valley meetup.

Fred
Jul '19

Yes, I am interested.

Darleen
Jul '19

Yes, interested

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '19

Two people so I guess not ..

Fred
Jul '19

It might be better to have a specific event to have a better gauge of the level of interest. I’m sure you would get different results between say, a meetup for game night or a local hike or a happy hour at the Panther Valley pub.

It's summer, a lot of people away. Also maybe post on Next Door not just here..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.