Service at Motion Kia-Experiences?

I'm fairly new to Hackettstown and need to get my Kia serviced. I was using Gateway Kia out in Denville before I moved to Hackettstown and I was happy with them, but it would be great if there was a reliable Kia service center closer to home.

Anyone have opinions about Motion Kia's service center?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Nikki Nikki
Jul '15

Bought my kia there...saleslady Lori was great. Service dept was to get my car ready..did a shoddy job vacuuming. They installed an extra for my car and they spoke only to my husband even though I was standing right there, it was my car and I paid for it. It was installed properly, though.

dsl102927 dsl102927
Jul '15

My husband has our FORD serviced there - they are good.

joan brown joan brown
Jul '15

Do you get free serivice (warrantee work)? If not, don't use the stealership. Find a local mechanic like Ted from Valley Auto.

Talleyho!
Jul '15

They are top notch.

Marine69
Jul '15

We bought a new vehicle there. The few times we've had it in so far, they have been professional and did great work.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Jul '15

Lori sold us our car...she's phenomenal!!

Sweetums Sweetums
Jul '15

We've had both good and bad experiences there.
The negative -- they are alarmists.

hapiest girl
Jul '15

We've had nothing but good experiences there. We've leased and bought and had service done. Always pleasant and thorough.

concernedparent concernedparent
Jul '15

Thanks for all the feedback. Still haven't made up my mind about switching from Gateway. The "alarmists" comment has me a little spooked--wish I knew in what context that was meant.

I'll report back if I go.

Nikki Nikki
Jul '15

Lori and Jim the manager are gone. The service department is horrible and so is the detail wash dept.

Painkiller Painkiller
Jul '15

Nikki -
Sorry I just saw your post. By alarmist I meant that they told us even though a part in the car looked fine and showed no sign of damage, because of it's age it could *go* at any time and they were agressive about us having it replaced (I don't remember what part as I know nothing about cars and this was a couple of years ago) They said if it broke while driving the car, it could cause severe damage to the car. My husband agreed and I remember it was pretty expensive.
Another time, after a maintenance check, they told him they felt moisture on a part and said he probably had an oil leak. They wanted to replace that.
We went to our own mechanic (Bills service center) and he said it most likely was just condensation, and the way to know if it was leaking was that the oil tank would get low. It never did ..........

hapiest girl
Jul '15

Happiest Girl, were they talking about your timing belt? They are expensive but when they go they do significant damage to your engine. They are actually part of your cars maitenance schedule and should be replaced before they break. Your car manual will tell you when they should be replaced. I know it totally stinks to replace something that isn't broken but when it comes to a timing belt you are way better off replacing it before it snaps.

Jesse Jesse
Aug '15

I was very happy with Motion....until the new service manager. Last two visits were horrible! If next visit goes the same way, a complaint will be filed and we will move on. I'm not sure what happened, but this guy has ruined a good thing. Several other loyal customer's voiced their negative opinions while we were waiting.

3 strikes and your out forever, Motion!

Hot corner Hot corner
Aug '15

I appreciate the feedback and apologize for the delayed response. I still have 500 miles to go before I need servicing (I don't drive much) and I'm having doubts about going to Motion now. Between what I've read here and on Yelp, I'm concerned.

Guess I'll have to drive up to Denville and go back to Gateway where they treated me like royalty.

My neighbor suggested I consider asking Hackettstown Hyundai if they service Kias since Hyundai now owns majority shares in Kia, but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Nikki Nikki
Sep '15

If Gateway treated you so well, why switch? But unless you have a Kia specific service plan, why not consider some of the local shops. There is a lot of great value out there. (just search the Forum)

Thanks, GC. I'm still under warranty. I know I could go to a private mechanic, but I'd just as soon stay with the dealer while still in the warranty period.

The only reason I wasn't going to stay with Gateway was because I won't have a shuttle service to get back to Hackettstown. I'll have to work from their waiting room since I need more than just an oil change this time.

Nikki Nikki
Sep '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.