Riverfront park (Doctor's Park)

I am not sure of the official name, but the park has a walking loop, baseball field, and playground. It connects to Alumni Field. Anyway, I was at the playground with my kids today and noticed a red vehicle parked in the grass near the playground. The vehicle was labeled "Warren County haz mat decon unit 22." I found this very disconcerting as my kids and others were playing there. Did something happen? Does anyone know why the unit is parked there? Thanks in advance.

Gobison Gobison
Jul '15

Maybe they just needed somewhere to park to do paperwork or something. I noticed some county Mosquito control vehicles doing something similar about a month ago. Maybe don't look for things to worry about? If there was something you needed to know, I bet they would tell you.

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Jul '15

The Warren County Health Department who oversee both mosquito control and the Hz Mat team is (908) 475-7960. That way no one has to guess at what they were doing.

PS. You got the name correct, "Riverfront Park" is the right name. Doctor's Park is nothing but a bunch of medical offices. The confusion comes from the signage on the corner of Willow Grove and Seber Road.

It showed up just before that Soccer tournament a week or two ago. It had been connected to that water hydrant...I wouldn't be surprised if it was set up as a hydration station of some kind.

Route 46
Jul '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.