Happy Independence Day

hope you all have a good holiday

skippy skippy
Jul '15

You too Skippy, May God Bless America!

Hot corner Hot corner
Jul '15

Let freedom ring! Happy Independence Day to all!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

May the Fourth be with you.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '15

Good one Andy! I'm with you!

Dansker Dansker
Jul '15

I'm up in Watkins Glen... nice fireworks over Seneca Lake last night. Today is some winery tour and a visit to an aviation museum. Tomorrow is SCCA racing at the Glen.

Hope everyone else enjoys their weekend too.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '15

Mark Mc. - If you get interested in those Curtis Jenny's, go to Old Rhinebeck one weekend and watch one fly for real. Most of Rhinebeck''s aircraft are reproductions but the Jenny is original.

Happy 4th everyone............enjoy your day.

littlelu littlelu
Jul '15

Mark-

What aviation museum???? We go up to Watkins Glen every year to do the wineries.....

Happy Independence Day (we celebrate it on the 4th of July)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jul '15

Old Rhinebeck is lots of fun and interesting..............well worth the ride

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

JeffersonRepub - It could only be the Glenn Curtis Museum in Hammondsport.

http://www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org

Happy Independence Day - stay safe everyone!

That's the one GC. My dad wants to see it. He used to come up to Watkins Glen all the time to watch the Grand Prix (and the rowdiness at "The Bog") so we're treating him to a long weekend here for his 75th birthday.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '15

Celebrate freedom! Be safe!

Mark Mc. - Well worth it, I'm sure he will enjoy it very much. Like I said, as a follow up to those Curtis airplanes, consider taking him here:

http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/

WWI bi-planes, barn storming, and the dog fight of the infamous Red Baron. I have a long story about the Curtis Jenny they have there. In short I saw Old Rhinebeck's original owner Cole Palen, now passed on, in the process of restoring that Jenny when I was just 4 years old. We didn't know it was him though until we saw the big Sunday dog fight show and found out the guy we talked to and showed is around *was* the Red Baron.

Have a Happy and Safe Holiday. Mark sounds like a great weekend planned with your dad. Enjoy!

Bessie Bessie
Jul '15

Re: Happy Independence Day

Happy Independence Day everybunny!

Stay Safe and remember to keep an eye on your furbabies tonite with the fireworks!

Mr Baci Mr Baci
Jul '15

Love everybunny thanks

skippy skippy
Jul '15

Since this day is about independence..I took full advantage of it. I spent my day playing with my cat and I finally convinced my husband to hang up pictures and mirrors that have been in the closet for months.

I enjoyed my independence for the day but I don't think my hubby did. Lol!

positive positive
Jul '15

Went to Walmart, what's more American than that? LOL

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jul '15

Too funny Andy. If that's considered American than our country is in real trouble. Lol

positive positive
Jul '15

Had a nice day at Watkins Glen watching the racing... 99% of the people at the race track were racers/families/friends, so we literally had every grandstand almost to ourselves. Garages were open to anyone who wanted to walk through, and my nephew got to sit on the pit wall between sessions.

We inadvertently "photo-bombed" one of the driver's during a post-race interview. Nothing bad, just us walking by in the background (I'm in the green shirt with the black backpack).

http://www.scca.com/videos/1971104

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.