Suggestion for outdoor 1st birthday that allows liquor

I am looking for a place that will let us throw a first birthday and also allow beer and wine! Any suggestions

Crissi Crissi
Jul '15

Drunk infants? LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

Independence Fire Hall allows you to bring in your own beer and wine.
http://www.73fire.org/

Just reading the title is great

Booster90 Booster90
Jul '15

Really??? how about your place...this is a joke hahaa

flowerpwr flowerpwr
Jul '15

yeah, you got to start them young if you want them to turn out right, (it takes a village, or a bar, correct?)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '15

You cannot stop drinking even one day?

sherri
Jul '15

I agree Sherri. It's pretty tacky to have alcohol at a children's party.

JB0103 JB0103
Jul '15

I suggest the pavilion at the trout hatchery

skippy skippy
Jul '15

oh gawd

brown bear
Jul '15

Wow, I wish my parents were that cool!

Joe M Joe M
Jul '15

and so it begins again

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

Re: Suggestion for outdoor 1st birthday that allows liquor

ROFL excellent!!!!

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jul '15

I've been to and have hosted plenty of kids parties where the parents had drinks. Made for a way better party :). Plus it's a 1 yr old party how many kids do you think will be there???? I would guess it's going to mostly adults , not like the 1 yr old has that many friends to invite

I agree with the firehouse idea. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Darwin Darwin
Jul '15

Your own house.

Really?
Jul '15

Are you servig rum cake and cherri moon shine over ice cream

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jul '15

Some of us who chose to remain childless appreciate the alcohol, helps to get through the obligatory family required party.. LOL!! Hell even the American Girl Doll Café serves cocktails (learned that on Monday) Enjoy the party!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '15

sheesh !!
Maybe one should be more concerned over the CHILDS activities (ie, photographs, videos, etc) and less concerned with ALCOHOL !!
Priorities people .... PRIORITIES !!
Celebrating this milestone should take precedence over your need to get ossified. Just sayin' !

Mare Ellen Mare Ellen
Jul '15

This just in. 1st birthday parties are for adults. Adults drink alcohol. End of story.

Beerfan
Jul '15

It would help to know how many people. Independence Firehall is very nice inside, but you said you want to hold it outside. I believe skippy is suggesting Alumni Field Pavilion. There is an additional cost for the alcohol and you must have a resident of the town apply, not just a resident of another town with a H-town zip code. the other outside pavilion is the Legion on Willow Grove.

Last time I had a first birthday party for one of my children, we didn't need to spend 5+ hours taking photos or videos. And why do the naysayers always think alcohol has to lead to getting drunk. Why can't people just answer the OP's question without letting their personal agenda getting in the way.

Beerfan
Jul '15

If I'm to attend a kids party there better be booze there!

Buffy Buffy
Jul '15

OP - You set yourself up for nasty attacks with this thread. Be prepared for more!!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jul '15

i was just joking around, boozing it up is aok in moderation, no problem with it at a family party, (just ask my mom)

i grew up in a clan that had booze flowing freely at all family events and i turned out ok. (uhoh, wait a min . . . .better check with my wife on that one . . . .)

:) :)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '15

LOL +1 BD!!

Jul '15

There nothing wrong with booze for for a 1st birthday party. In fact every birthday party should have booze. People drink when they celebrate, simple as that. As far as locations, how about a park? Many parks allow this as long as you get some type of permission, which usually means paying a small fee.

sack
Jul '15

Rutherfurd hall in Allamuchy.

Have you asked Donaldsons Farms? We have had many parties there but never asked about alcohol.

Enrsjr Enrsjr
Jul '15

Oh this is funny.... Some on here would have been mortified at my upbringing. Every birthday, holiday, and special event included alcohol and plenty of it! Every weekend was a party.

JRT, sounds like we are related, :)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '15

Isn't a party for a 1year old really about family getting together and celebrating. It's not like the 1 year old will even remember it. Bring on the booze!!!!

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Jul '15

"If I'm to attend a kids party there better be booze there!"

Amen to that!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

In California it's the norm. Relax peeps! It's for the adults.

Calico - LOL! You need a few. (kids that is)

Jul '15

Lol BrotherDog....yes!!

JrzyGirl88, Chuck E Cheese has beer and wine as well.... :)

darwin darwin
Jul '15

I cansee it now a long line of polic cars and officers with breath o lizers meters just read to check out the 1year old lol

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jul '15

I think Caged Animal has been drinking already.....

Buffy Buffy
Jul '15

bothered - I have 4 pets and a husband. That's enough. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

Crissi- looks like yet another reasonable question has been sucked into the vortex. I have been to the Independence Fire House for a gathering like you are mentioning. Depending on time of year, there may be an outdoor spot with a pavilion. Hedden park in Randolph has a lot of space, and allows you to bring alcohol. Good luck finding a spot.

You can use my yard, but I have to get free drinks! ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

Ahh Darwin that is good to know!!

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '15

Wow...I never understood why people can't go a couple hours during the afternoon without having to have an alcoholic beverage at a CHILDREN'S party. I love a drink just as much as the next but come on people...jeeeez!

BounceME BounceME
Jul '15

How about the Black River Barn on Route 10 in Randolph?

You cannot stop drinking even one day?
sherri

I agree Sherri. It's pretty tacky to have alcohol at a children's party.
JB0103

I guess you two have never been to a Wedding Reception with kids (family members) around. OR

Family cook-out, Thanksgiving Dinner, Christmas Dinner

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jul '15

I just love a thread where a simple question is asked and folks need to post opinions.

Ha, I just realized that is what I'm doing. lol

But since I'm half way through I may as well finish with my opinion.

Why not just over look the thread. There are many threads that I don't even open up and read.

If offering adult drinks at a childs party isnt what you would do, then don't do it, but to make it a bad thing, just because it's not your bag, isn't the right thing to do.

I personally don't drink, but if someone was asking about a wedding venue where they could have an open bar, I'm sure as hell not going to make a personal comment about drinking..........I'd either ignore the thread or offer an answer.

TO EACH HIS OWN..........LIVE AND LET LIVE

I like the suggestions the OP has received about outside venues. Any park with a pavilion will probably allow booze.

littlelu littlelu
Jul '15

Not sure where for outside because my kids were November babies and damn sure there was booze served for the adults. I had my nephew's 1st birthday in the summer at my house though. I know a lot of places that are outdoor parks prohibit it though. Hope you find some place that works for you.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Jul '15

Fire up the grill, throw on some steaks, dogs,burgers.....order an ice cream cake for the event ( with the baby's name on it of course ) and you are having a birtday party for the 1 year old !

Oh , and ask the attendee's to bring their favorite dish to share..

Don't forget the candles and matches for the cake !

Steven Steven
Jul '15

I definitely need to move! The uptight responses make me want to run from the hills! I'm living in the Bible Belt of New Jersey for sure! Now about those drinks! Juice boxes all around!

alcohol = the most important feature of my kid's first b-day

Maybe you should run for the hills but not for the reason you think.

brown bear
Jul '15

I just went to a family reunion in upstate NY to celebrate my brother in laws 90th Birthday Day.. There was not a soda in the house. Me and the kids made Ice tea or orange juice.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jul '15

Old Gent,
I have a similar story. After driving over 7 hours to get to Vermont, exhausted, we asked for a cup of coffee. Sister-in-law said:
"It's all gone. I only make one pot of coffee a day, and we drank it already."
We got back in the car and found the nearest coffee shop.

hapiest girl
Jul '15

That's bazarre! Why only one pot?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jul '15

How about Schooleys Mountain Park or Stephens State Park? Both have pavilions.

positive positive
Jul '15

Serve milk instead... it's the new "gateway " drug. I'm sorry that I don't have any suggestions for a venue. I just thought that this thread went in a funny direction as out of like 50 replies, there's only about 5 real suggestions. The rest was the usual funny comments and bashing each other. You guys are all funny and clever with the jokes. Still lol-ing. I hope the OP has a great party! :)

5551964jbc 5551964jbc
Jul '15

The OP hasn't posted in 2 days ? Sorry , but this looks like the Walmart doughnut lady all over again . You know make a post get a reaction and sit back and laugh at it. Internet entertainment is one thing , but being played for fools online is quite another . Anyhow that's just how I see having booze at a party for an infant who won't remember it alcohol or not. As long as everyone is having fun I guess is the main thing . Carry on people - call me a dick , but you're being played here by the OP for your reactions which is not too hard to discern .

Zombo Zombo
Jul '15

3wbdwnj,
Because she's cheap, and also a little nutsy!

hapiest girl
Jul '15

Food for thought, Zombo!

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Jul '15

Zombo - or maybe the OP hasn't been back because of all the dickish responses.

brown bear
Jul '15

You folks were played...

You all missed the obvious answer - Hooters.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Jul '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.