Affordable apartment needed

Hello I'm currently looking for an apartment near 500 to 1000 dollars a month? Anyone suggest where or what I should look into ??????

NEED A HOME!
Jun '15

Belvidere.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

??????

NEED A HOME!
Jun '15

How many bedrooms? Pets? Kids? What town?

Countryside Apartments

Challah Challah
Jun '15

I agree Belvidere would be one of the most affordable places to live in Warren County and one of the nicest places to live, it's off of 46 and not far from 80. Washington Borough is also pretty affordable, which is off of 57 and not far from 78.

positive positive
Jun '15

The OP needs to provide more info, like Maha said. Age restrictions? If you're alone, renting a room is an idea. For $500, give or take, it's like getting a house, all utilities included (most of the time). But more info about your personal situation will get you more concise answers. Good luck....I know it's a stressful situation trying to find a roof over your head these days.

sallysimpson sallysimpson
Jun '15

Maybe rent a room, for that amount.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jun '15

What exactly is "near" $500 - $1000? That itself is a $500 stretch. And seriously, what's with the "?????". The OP gives zero details, Calico gives a legit answer, and apparently that's not enough. I guess Calico should have copy & pasted the latest listings, etc, and maybe put down a deposit.
Belvidere probably is your best bet. Check out Craigslist, newspapers, Treasure Hunt magazine, etc. Good luck

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jun '15

Lori everything you said is spot on.

positive positive
Jun '15

You are such a kind group. NOT! This individual needs assistance. Need a Home you may contact the county you wish to live and inquire about Mt. Laurel Housing. Every county provides affordable housing. In addition, if it is a domestic abuse issue you may contact the local domestic abuse center at www.dasacc.org/. Do not mind mean people= they do not realize their harshness in such a situation of need. Peace.

Erin U
Jun '15

THANK YOU ERIN! Goodness just because I do not express EVERYTHING in detail. Does not mean it was hard to comprehend. However, ??? this only meant that I needed more details... for all I knew she could have said Miami. Thanks for your tips

NEED A HOME!
Jun '15

ok - let me attempt to diffuse - we all know each other mostly - the reality of the situation is you need first and last plus 1.5 months security down in NJ - you did not provide enough information to provide a decision matrix ergo - where do you work? How many bedrooms? What's an acceptable commute time ? Are any amenities beneficial foe you or are they critical - that's how you pose a question - your question was not well thought out and deserved the response it got sorry to say - now that you have had some time to reflect - feel free to present a reasonable response
A link that may be helpful

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cheap+housing+warren+county+New+Jersey+

skippy skippy
Jun '15

No Skippy - we do not know each other...and the responses were mean. I just happened to be visiting and a group was discussing rude comments from this site. I said - that is not what a community is- I do not believe you. They were correct. If you all know each other then it is time to re-read all your postings from a new perspective. You guys may not actually be trying to be hurtful, but you are...many many times as I read from people in need here on this site. You all know each other...Wow..closed group..I wish you peace and love in your lives. Out. Bro.

Erin U
Jun '15

seriously??? first we don't all know each other - second - the poster gave almost no information - third - people asked for specifics so they could offer thoughtful suggestions - fourth - well no fourth -- that's enough --

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Why I did not post ANY information was because there was an absolute NO need basis for it. You do not need to know where I work or the commute... or how many bedrooms I needed... I was wondering and only wondering on price. Unless your a realtor I will give you more information. Therefore providing thoughtful answers as :

Belvedere has rents such as x,y and z.... They are a safe area... Was practically the only information needed.

Thank you for your perspective on the matter. BUT you were being slightly rude to me.

NEED A HOME!
Jun '15

And just answering someone with punctuation marks isn't rude?

somechik somechik
Jun '15

Wow! I didn't realize that suggesting Belvidere was rude. One of the questions the OP asked was "where". I really thought I was just giving a simple answer to a question. Sigh....

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

I agree with Calico that Belvidere is a good area to start your search.

The additional details would help people suggest specific buildings that would meet your needs and HELP you narrow down your search with some local info. But if you don't want to give any other info aside a price range, it is very difficult for people to give you specific answers.

Good luck.

somechik somechik
Jun '15

NEED A HOME! Go call a realtor then.

Buffy Buffy
Jun '15

With the lack of information posted by the OP, a simple search on the web can find 252 apartments with rents ranging from $700 to $100. Here is a link:

http://www.apartmentcities.com/New-Jersey-Apartments/New-Jersey/Price-1000/

Now, if the OP doesn't want to provide any additional details so that people in the forum can try to narrow things down a bit, that is their prerogative. But as the saying goes, 'Garbage In, Garbage Out'.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Jun '15

D-ManPV,

That should keep her busy for a while leaving no time to insult anyone who offered sound advice and/or tried to reason with her about why her initial post was too vague for more help to be given

By the way, I'm looking for a house on Earth, price range doesn't matter. What have you got?

Jun '15

"However, ??? this only meant that I needed more details... for all I knew she could have said Miami."

And if she did say Miami it would still have been a reasonable answer to your vague questions.

darwin darwin
Jun '15

Erin U, this is all they do on this site, nasty people, alot of them, they attack. Someone asks a question and if you dont like the way its content then dont answer, but no these people have to attack, and if you attack back watch out..

You dont need to know a thing about this person, he asked for general info, if you have any then give it to him, you act like he is gonna live right next door to you

doctor k 16 doctor k 16
Jun '15

Some of you really need to travel, and get out of Hackettstown, there is a whole world out there. Its pretty interesting

doctor k 16 doctor k 16
Jun '15

Well said doctor k 16. well said.

Holly D
Jun '15

I apologize if I insulted anyone

NEED A HOME!
Jun '15

Erin...I don't know whether or not you found a place yet, but I would definately check out a realtor and let her know of your situation. You do not know who these forum people are. All types of people from all over the place get on for all different reasons. (Enough said).contact a realtor or 2. If they take a little commission...this is OK. Safe travels and the best to you.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
Jun '15

I'm the first to admit that sometimes a few of the posts can get pretty heated and downright rude but IMO this was not one of them. The very fact that people were asking follow-up questions indicated that they wanted to help but the OP was far too broad. Definitely your choice not to give information but for this to have been a productive sharing of information additional information was definitely needed.

NEED A HOME, many trolls have frequented this site and become obvious when they offer very little information. This is why you got some responses that you didn't like. However, I'm curious about your price range. What can you actually afford, how many bedrooms and do you have pets?

positive positive
Jun '15

Hey Need A Home ...do not go to hackettstown hahaha..

sherri
Jun '15

I apologize as well

skippy skippy
Jun '15

NEEDAHOME - You learned a lesson here. Some nasty people on here and they won't change. They must lead boring lives. You asked a question and some jumped on you. Some go away and then return and haven't changed any. You shouldn't have been treated like this. Good luck to you in finding a place. There are a lot of apartment complexes around. I would suggest calling each one and asking what the cost is. Again Good luck!

Jul '15

belvedere was still the very best answer to the op's original question in this whole thread

posters don;t have to give details about their lives if they don't want to, so in asking a very open ended generalized question, there was a open ended very generalized response given, perfectly matching the original inquiry.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '15

oh no, see that the one from 73 is back at it here, sad. Some things never change. I agree with bbyu2 and brotherdog. Good luck in finding a new place to call home.

lights again
Jul '15

Thanks for the welcome, lights again!

Jul '15

However, I appreciate those who did help me. Because it was generous of those taking their time to respond to my question. For those who did not respond to how I wanted or jumped down my throat... I wish you the best!!!!

NEED A HOME!
Jul '15

I agree BrotherDog. A simple question asked, a simple answer given....what's the problem? If you wanted to know about the safety of certain areas or what each town offers, you should have been more specific in your question.
Just a word of caution to those who were offended by this thread...you may want to stay away from online forums in general lol

were there posts that were removed or something because i am trying to find the ones that were "rude".

Calio gave a reasonable answer to the OP's question.. OP asked where he/she should look and Calio gave a name of a town that he/she should look into.. so did Challah and positive. Maja and Sally just asked for more info so they could give a better response. Lori's post wasn't even rude. Heck positive even agreed with her. Then Erin came on and named called everyone. That post started the nastiness. So did i miss something before that?

darwin darwin
Jul '15

I was wondering the same thing Darwin..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jul '15

me toooooo

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

Hahahahaha! Wow, I really needed that today! I just read this forum post today for the 1st time, and it is hilarious. I literally just spit my coffee all over my desk and laptop because I got hysterical laughing. (not being sarcastic, I am being honest here...too funny).

We on H-town Life can turn ANYTHING into a fight - even whether or not someone asks a question wrong or right.

With that said...no argument here just saying that as a property manager and rental agent, the original question was very vague, but questions to clarify (like do you have pets? children? do you need to be near public transportation? looking for apartment complex type living or a more private setting like a room in a house in the country) would help to point someone in a direction. Without more info it would be like someone saying "looking for a vehicle, I have between $12,000 and $30,000, what should I get?" Well, do you have kids and need a mini van? Are you a single young guy looking for a hot, sports car? Do you need a truck to transport stuff?

Same premise...

Heidi Heidi
Jul '15

Re: Affordable apartment needed

just a thought

5catmom 5catmom
Jul '15

That will never happen with some.

Jul '15

BBYU are you including yourself in that statement?

because this was your post:
"Some nasty people on here and they won't change. They must lead boring lives"

darwin darwin
Jul '15

Nope Darwin, just stating the truth!

Maybe she put ????? because she doesnt know where Belvidere is. Ever think of that?

Jul '15

He or she literally asked for an apartment with a price range. I find it ridiculous for this person to come on here screaming about people being rude or nosey, when they were about as vague as could be. Since they didn't even post what state, county or even planet they wanted to look, how on earth (no pun intended) are people supposed to respond?

Seriously, as others have suggested, go to a realtor or JFGI.

I don't think anyone on here was rude except the original poster and Erin, who very well might be the same person.

Tracy Tracy
Jul '15

There are apartments in $500-$1000 price range in Mt. Olive - Budd Lake (at least 3 different apartment complexes) and Flanders, Netcong, Parsippany, Mansfield. None $500, this price is long gone even for studio.

If they didn't know where Belvidere was they could have just looked it up jeez....next they will be asking for someone to go look at some places for them.

If you are looking for affordable senior citizen apartment - there is one across Target in Washington Twp/Hackettstown.

Should probably close this thread at this point. Question asked and responded to.

LOL BBYU i didn't realize "They must lead boring lives" was a statement of truth. silly me thought it sounded more like an opinion.

i agree with Bonv shut this thread down it is completely useless now.

darwin darwin
Jul '15

Thank you Holly D, i say things and then later people say the same thing, they dont even read apparently or they dont want to hear it from me, there are about 5 people who think this is their site, get a life

doctor k 16 doctor k 16
Jul '15

I think this "doctor k 16" is a quack. Using that name is an insult to the profession. And LOL at thinking your comments are originals. The same ones are made on threads all the time. Go tend to your 'patients' ;)

And I think Tracy's right, the OP and Erin are probably the same person. The OP needed support and Erin appeared. Same attitude and no profile pic. Nothing suspicious there

Jul '15

Im not a doctor lori, doctor k, dwight gooden, number 16, but thanks, your opinion has no value to me,

doctor k 16 doctor k 16
Jul '15

Lori, nice to see you back. Hope all is good by you :)

Bessie Bessie
Jul '15

@NEED A HOME! I currently reside in Belvidere and can tell you that it is a nice quiet town and agree that you may find something affordable here. I was on www.zillow.com this morning and saw a rental that was under $1,000 per month (not sure what rent includes - you would have to check that out) ... but you can search for it on Zillow using zip code 07823. Good luck in your search!

QuietBelvidere
Jul '15

OMG

Jul '15

OMG actually was meant to be after Bessie (by the way). QuietBelvidere..thank you so much for your information. At this point, Need a home may have hopefully found something to his/her liking. Thank you :)

Jul '15

Wallpaper!!!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '15

@NEED A HOME! I used to rent in Belvidere and it is still true that you can get more apartment for your money up there. For a 2-bedroom were paying what a 1-bedroom would have been in Hackettstown. It is a tiny, quaint town and the people are nice. If there was a Belvidere Life Forum, the people on it wouldn't be mean to you like they are on Hackettstown Life.

Ydnew Ydnew
Jul '15

When I need to look for a car, $18000-$24,000, I know who to turn to for suggestions :)

My opinion has so little value that you had to point it out, LOL. You're perfect for the forum ;)

Calico, That statment is perfect, haha

Jul '15

A person needs an affordable Home....and most of the people on here make it a joke...I hope that you all are never in the same situation....jerks

Yes we are all jerks - when asked a question and we ask for definitive information in which to scope a reply - clearly the fault lies with the respondent.

skippy skippy
Jul '15

EPW- how can anyone help a person with such a vast price range of $500-$1000 and offers zero information? To me when I see $1000 I instantly think that this person is not in a real desperate situation. To be honest, I can't afford $1000 a month in rent.

NEED A HOME..If you're serious, than why haven't you answered any of the questions that were asked?

positive positive
Jul '15

Just the facts, why meant to me.

Bessie Bessie
Jul '15

Bessie I'm not speaking for just the facts maam.. just surmising. Her "OMG" was a response towards your comment stating "Lori, nice to see you back. Hope all is good by you."

Not sure what she meant by that, but If it's what I'm thinking, it just confirms what I said on another thread.

positive positive
Jul '15

I'm thinking what you're thinking, positive.
And I agree with her OMG.

hapiest girl
Jul '15

welcome back Lori !! good to see you here again,

i'm thinking of moving . . . . . . . .where should i go? i hear the southern hemisphere is nice. skippy? you got a favorite quadrant of the planet that suits you? i could sign onto a tramp steamer and get there for no cost. :) :)

seriously answering the OP now:

for less than 1,000 dollars you can find apts in P-burg Alpha, mt. olive and Bud lake as well as Belvidere. check out Newton as well; Not sure about h-town, it seems to me that rents here in our little town are kinda high. maybe that's just me.

you can also find lodging for those prices up in sussex boro, manville, south river and bound brook, also jamesburg and spotswood come to mind. plainfield might have some, don't think north plainfield will meet your price constraints, but maybe. a coupe of spots in new Brunswick might also be in that range of less than 1,000/month,

good luck in your search, please do let us know any other inquiries/questions you may have.

(think i'll go hang some wallpaper now) :) (relax, just kidding)

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '15

....must be a quiet news day.....

pmnsk pmnsk
Jul '15

ha ha, good one, you got me, pmnsk,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Jul '15

We are currently in NC Harrisburg area. Concord Mills! OMG the traffic!!! Too busy for us. Not cheap either. My son lives here and its not much cheaper then NJ IMO. Beautiful area though.

Christine Christine
Jul '15

Christine- Is Concord Mills NC city area? Housing is a lot cheaper in NC. I've been looking for a long time and have family living there. So much more affordable then NJ.

Jul '15

Re: Affordable apartment needed

Alot of people are insecure and have no lives here on this forum >>> love to make themselves feel 'important' or superior to others when they get to humiliate and degrade others for minute details or different views!..... and talk about HYPOCRISY!!

LOL.

sha44ss sha44ss
Jul '15

N.C, S.C. , Georgia, Tennessee, areas of Virginia, etc., are all going thru the "cheap time periods" that Pennsylvania did 15 - 20 years ago....prices have already gone up in many of these area's , some have not climbed as high as NJ yet, but will eventually when the schools need to be expanded, along with fire, police, ambulance , and other infrastructure area's..

Steven Steven
Jul '15

I heard MANSFIELD VILLAGE In Hackettstown, NJ (Route 57) is $815 a month. I think they are the least expensive in town, or the one in back of Marshall's.

Hack.-er Hack.-er
Jul '15

NEED A H0ME if you would like to email me i may be able to help you with this!!

Jcann Jcann
Jul '15

BBY not really city, Son lives in Harrisburg and Concord Mills is next to them. Its all malls, fast food places, Outlets but huge. Traffic is always tough to get there and leave. Everytime I have been here its packed. I personally do not think its cheap. Houses are bigger no basements, each development has its own pool. Car insurance is cheap but you have to pay a tax on your car yearly. They have a new car and its $300 yr. on top of your insurance bill. Taxed on everything from food to clothes. Gas a lot more. City water is $180 to $200 a month. Electric $200 a month with A/C on most days and natural gas is about 50 a month because of dryer and stove and heat in winter. BUT jobs galore. Building, plumbing electric. North Carolina is booming and expect to be for the next 20 yrs.I also heard 3M is leaving NJ and coming here with their plant. It will bring 4000 jobs!

Christine Christine
Jul '15

Is it cheaper to live in PA?

Tina.W
Jul '15

I'm looking to move to apt also. Rent is sooo expensive up here in Htown & you're not even near any big cos. Go towards Mtwn & forget about it. I've seen rooms or "Bedroom Suites" to rent w/ possible use of kitchen (thinks there's 1 on this website under real estate right now) for min $500. Studios or 1BR in Panther Valley are approx $1100++. Try Liberty apts, corner of Petersburg & Rte 46 next to WC Northeast Library. I've also wondered about Garden Apts right past library on RT, on 46 going toward town. Theyre before Canal & Roosevelt Ave, in back of houses (before Statues of Liberty). Also, parts of Dover that border Wharton Rockaway Denville are decent areas. Landing/Lake Hopatcong might get lucky. Search Craig's List--Northern NJ by city. Realtor.Com rental section & Apartments.com. Hope some or any of this helps--good luck!!

Not4Nuttin' Not4Nuttin'
Jul '15

Tina W - No. Rents in particular are not cheaper, they are fairly similar so if you add in the extra gas for commuting, it's pretty much the same. Buying a house can definitely be cheaper as the initial prices are generally less depending on the area. However after the initial investment, the rest of the expenses are similar.

MY problem is actually finding someone I know and trust enough to rent out my extra bedroom with use of kitchen, laundry room, cable internet, etc. for $5-600, depending on how much extra they're able to do around the house. Someone from work would have been nice to share riding expenses with too, but no possibilities there.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jul '15

N4N I really appreciate your detailed message. Thank you!

Tina.W
Jul '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.