Skinny by Gwen

I saw something advertised in on groupon for skinny by gwen. She does all these weight loss things.
Had anyone ever gone there or heard anything about them?
I was interested in looking into some of the services but I figured I'd ask on here first.

skinnywannabe
Jun '15

I was curious about it too. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

My $0.02. Put down the Twinkies and work out. Its really that simple.

sack
Jun '15

Sack - if only it truly was that simple. Did it take you long to get to your goal once you did that? Thanks - E.

Eleanor Eleanor
Jun '15

I do work out. I don't eat twinkies. I was just looking for something to help. I saw the website and was curious about it. No need to be rude.

skinnywannabe
Jun '15

There are 2 reviews on yelp - one positive, one negative.
I think it's not rocket science to say if you eat fewer calories than your body needs you will lose weight. Exercizing will also help to burn off calories.
The problem is, will power!!!
There are tricks you can employ --- drinking a big glass of water before a meal; eating a big bowl of low calorie soup before a meal, eating a big apple before a meal, etc.
Some nutritionists say that rotating what you eat helps to speed up metabolism -- I heard something like 2 days of low (or no) carbs - then 1 day of eating carbs - then repeat, and on the 7th day of the week, anything you want. Never tried it though.

hapiest girl
Jun '15

Wasn't trying to be rude. Sorry. Its sometimes hard to read tone in writing. Anyway, what I was trying to say is that there is no quick fixes, or pill, or shake, or fad or what ever... It comes down to hard work and eating less.

sack
Jun '15

If you're willing to spend money on "Gwen" look into Weight Watchers instead. You only have to go to a few meetings to learn how it works. Or maybe you can find someone to explain it to you. You make your own food and learn how to eat proper portion sizes, etc. Be more active too :)

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jun '15

I just read the 2 reviews. Vampire facelift? No thank you

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jun '15

I did some sessions. I lost an inch and then my schedule went awry and I still have two left. I definitely think it did something, but if you are largely overweight diet and exercise is your best best. I'm not a skinny mini by any means, but I do have problem areas in my stomach

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Jun '15

skinnywannabe, if Gwen is a nutritionist, give it a try. My sister and her husband used one. They got good guidance on types of food and portion size. Butter lettuce over other choices, that type of thing. Yes, you can Google it all, but a so can a depressed person just Google how to be happy, yet some sessions with a professional provide a different view and motivation. Doing it alone is not the right choice for everyone. Good luck.

maja I have to know, why is butter lettuce better than other choices?
Here I am eating my 50/50 spring greens and baby spinach, and thinking that's good.

hktownie hktownie
Jul '15

Gwen is a nurse practitioner that lost 100 pounds using her own program. She uses prescription appetite suppressants and vitamin shots to help you lose weight safely and effectively. I lost 55lbs using her program after trying Atkins weight watchers and dr G her program and weekly counseling really worked. I also got Botox to help my crows feet. I can't say enough about how great they are. Gwen was so supportive and knowledgable and the staff and office are great.

Desiree Theiman Desiree Theiman
Jul '15

@hktownie, sorry. I meant to answer sooner. Just need to stay away from the iceberg. Or mixes with it. Spinach is always a good choice. (organic or well washed) My sister likes her spinach sautéed in olive oil and light seasoning. Doesn't like it uncooked. I choose kale sometimes for the iodine. More nutritious than spinach.

Does Skinny by Gwen accept insurance?

JustWondering7 JustWondering7
Feb '16

Has anyone tried the LipoLight and if so, did it work or is it a scam? I am thin and don't want to lose any weight, but have a little "pooch" on my lower stomach and was hoping something targeted, other than surgery (like a tummy tuck or liposuction) might actually work.

Anybody know anything about this? It seems really expensive for what it is, but if it actually works it would be a lot cheaper than surgery!

Heidi Heidi
Apr '16

Your better off going for slimlipo. I felt lipolight only worked temporarily. SlimLipo was definitely money well spent IMO.

msmrs msmrs
Apr '16

I don't get it.

Challah Challah
Apr '16

My husband just lost 40 lbs in 45 days.......on a program that is amazing....
You can pm if interested....

Josepcan Josepcan
Apr '16

I would do your research before attempting this weight loss program. This is just one of many articles about this type of weight loss.

http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/tips-plans/truth-about-hcg-diet-plan

Dadof3
Apr '16

Guess the Lipolight is not very popular around here!

Heidi Heidi
Apr '16

I suggest smart lipo. I just got mine done at sonobello. It's considered surgery but so worth it.

Blondie81 Blondie81
Apr '16

This article is about fake HCG if it's prescription used I have had many friends lose weight using it. Looked at groupon looks like over 200 were sold with good feedback so it must be somewhat popular.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.