New Veggie Burger at Shoprite

Decanto's Best Veggie Burger. Just had one ---- Very Good!!
3 kinds .... Traditional, Quinoa, and Gaaaaarrlic !!
Same high quality and similar ingredients as the Sunshine Burger at health stores.
It's the sunflower seeds that makes them both so good.
Also on sale for 1/2 price this week - $2.49 for 4 patties.
Vegetarian & Vegan.

hapiest girl
Jun '15

Thanks for posting. I will go buy some.

A good day
Jun '15

I almost couldn't find them. They're on the highest shelf in the freezer near other veggie things.

hapiest girl
Jun '15

Thanks for the tip. I hope they have them at Washington SR.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jun '15

I was wondering about those. Thanks!

weebiekins weebiekins
Jun '15

Will definitely pick up, thanks!

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jun '15

Just wondering where they are in SR? The garlic one sounds delicious!!

Iris, I just bought some yesterday. They are right at the beginning of the frozen food aisles on "end cap" so to speak. Across from the gluten free/meat free freezer. They had plenty. Limit 4 per variety. Also, Pepperidge Farm frozen cakes are in the same spot 2 for $5. I resisted that red velvet Devil. Lol.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jun '15

Thanks for the tip! I just added them to my home delivery order.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jun '15

In the corner of the vege department, they used to have vegetarian chorizo which I swear you can't tell is not meat. I use it to make a vegetarian Mexican pasta/cheese bake which the kids love.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jun '15

Decanto veggie burger is 280 calories (200 from fat) per burger. That seems like a lot when compared to Boca burgers.

A good day
Jun '15

sunflower seeds are mostly fat, and the ingredients are much fresher and wholesome than the hydrolyzed soy of Boca!

vege
Jun '15

280 calories is not alot considering how many calories you need in a day.
Don't be afraid of fat calories ----- your daily calorie intake should be about 30% from healthy fats. Sunflower seeds are an exceptionally nutritious food with very healthy fats.
I notice when I eat seeds or nuts --- or food items made from them, I am satiated for many hours. So I don't need a 'snack' between meals.

hapiest girl
Jun '15

Great alternative when you want to avoid the soy. Too much soy is not good.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jun '15

I think we will avoid the Boca burger in the future. We have vegan diet so eat a lot of tofu and tempeh and bean dishes. Will avoid the processed soy.

A good day
Jun '15

I made my garlic one with some sliced avocado and sliced tomato on a ciabatta... Delish!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jun '15

Thanks for posting this, Happiest Girl. I bought a couple of packages on Friday afternoon after seeing your post. Tried some yesterday ... they are very good!

Robert Durana Robert Durana
Jun '15

Ahhhh........ just had one for lunch
So good!

hapiest girl
Jul '15

I haven't seen these for a couple of months ..... did shoprite discontinue them? Has anyone bought them recently?

happiest girl
Aug '16

sadly they don't list them on their website

http://www.shoprite.com/pd/category/Grocery/Frozen/Frozen-Entrees/Vegetarian-Entrees/1121

And their website appears to be offline

http://decantosbest.com/find-decantos-burgers/

skippy skippy
Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.