Caller ID on TV issues?

Has anyone had problems with Caller ID on TV recently? It stopped a few weeks ago. Not having success getting problem resolved.

If you have Optimum, log into your online account and see if it's turned on there. You can also go to channel 610 or somewhere around there, which is another place to check, then of course there's the menu section on your cable box remote where you can also check to make sure it's "on", and change it.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '15

If you have Directv you need to delete the old notifications. I think there is a 25 message limit.

Redwing
Jun '15

I got Comcast and it works when it wants to. Mostly not though.

sack
Jun '15

Same here sack. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't !!

Mariann Mariann
Jun '15

WTH is caller ID on TV?

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

Our cable company provides phone service to us (in our case, Comcast). When the phone rings, you get a little pop-up on your screen if you are watching TV showing the caller's name and number. Kinda cool.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jun '15

I'm with you on the Comcast thing, works when it wants to. I think ours is currently not in the mood, lol.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '15

Really? I have Comcast phone and cable (also internet) and I have never had anything pop up on my screen. Does sound cool though.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

With comcast you have to set it up, on line. But because its com"crust" along with ondemand and internet it only works 80% of the time. Great for screening all those bogus calls though.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jun '15

I wish mine worked 80% of the time. I'm closer to around about 3% of the time.

sack
Jun '15

Calico, you probably have an "old" tv like me. This feature doesn't work with a tv that has a picture tube.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Jun '15

Except for this last incident, Comcast did fix it right away. But now, they keep telling me someone higher up can fix this, and keep transferring my call to more higher ups. I am still waiting for a return call since June 18th.

Actually, Ms Fishy, it did work on our old tube tv.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jun '15

cablevision here - and it works all the time.......... but yes I 'd check to be sure it's turned on

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

Yes, my TV is ancient. At least 25 years old. LOL If it's not broken, why fix it?

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

3wbdwnj, thanks, but I'm sure b/c the TV is so old I wouldn't be able to read it anyway. Can't ever read sports scores. I agree with Calico696, if it's not broken, why fix it. I'm hoping the dang thing lasts longer than I do. It outlived my mother-in-law, that's why I have it.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Jun '15

Ms Fishy - Mine was my husband's grandmother's. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

Happy to say my Caller ID issue is resolved.

My Comcast.... I can have caller ID on my computer also.
I can turn it on or off .

DW hates when I have it on, because I selected a ring tone that sounds like
something Soupy Sales or Pee Wee Herman would select to play.....

There is also an app that I can send a message to the wife on the TV she is watching.
I can even remove what she is watching, and like one night, I put the Beverly Hillbillies on her TV she was watching. She was screaming, and saying, "What the heck, what is this sxxt??" ..... "I gotta call Comcast, and get a new Cable Box!!!" ....
I just sit low, and pretend I don't have a clue what is causing it!

Embryodad Embryodad
Jul '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.