Waste Management Charge

If you use Waste Management please review your bill as they are now charging for the recycling. They told me they sent out a letter to this effect but I did not see it. If you use Sanico or Global, your bill may also go up as Waste Management indicated that they charge these companies for the recycling they pick up on their behalf.

Although, Sanico and Global may absorb these costs and not pass along the increase to their customers. The cost is not significant at $3.42 but I find their practice of suddenly putting increases/additional fees on their bills a bit shady. Several years ago they attempted to bill me additionally for the fact that they were sending me an actual paper bill.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
May '15

What town.....I believe they are not allowed to charge in Hackettstown. This was negotiated many years back when Hackettstown stopped their recycling center.

Teenie Teenie
May '15

With Sanico in Hackettstown, you get a *discount* for each time you put out your recycling. They sent a note around some months back for everyone to get a recycling can with a bar code on it. That's how they track who gets the discount.

I wouldn't still be using them if they up their charge instead of reducing it like the others.

@ Teenie - that's interesting as I'm in Hackettstown. I will look into that. Thanks.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
May '15

Did Waste Management change the day for recycling in Hackettstown? I tried to look up online but you have to create an account to see schedule and I don't want one.

Sunshine Sunshine
Jun '15

I changed o global a couple months ago and they are half the price of WM Criminals!

Painkiller Painkiller
Jun '15

WM changesd both garbage pickup and recycling a few months back. Garbage now goes out on Tuesday for Wednesday pick up and recycling is every other Wednesday night for Thursday pick up. (If you are in bear heavy areas, obviously do not put it out night before.)

Agust Agust
Jun '15

Thanks Agust our garbage is Monday so we must be on different schedules. I'm going to call today.

Sunshine Sunshine
Jun '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.