WinCo Food Stores

Behind the times as usual, I am just hearing about the new stores cropping up throughout the U.S. called WarCo food stores. They are owned and operated by their employees, supposedly cheaper prices than WalMart, and the employees not only can get health insurance for $40 a month (one man pays that price for a family of 7) and also make Pension Plans available to their employees.

joyful joyful
May '15

Pretty cool - I've done some shopping at alidi- similar concept

skippy skippy
May '15

Skippy - Do you mean Aldi's? They're the European chain that does limited choice warehouse style mostly off brands with cash (sometimes debit) only and you pack your own groceries in your own bags European style. They have area stores in Rockaway on 46 and Stroudsburg on N Ninth St. Closest thing we had in the area was the Food Basics that only lasted a while in the A&P plaza.

Haven't heard of or can find any info on WarCo. But that sure is a good company philosophy to treat your employees right no matter who they are or what they sell.

Personally I don't think Walmart in our area has all that great grocery prices. Weis and Shoprite are both beating them.

Aldi is about 2 miles from me and I shop there. Great product , fantastic prices and the prices are clearly marked and never a pricing issue like I can get at Shoprite. ya know like "sir you have the stroehmann's golden honey wheat classic but the stroehmann's golden honey wheat original is the one that is on sale"
So very happy with Aldi

Joyful, do you mean WinCo?

Not sure, MK, I briefly read about this on Facebook this morning. You could be right...Anybody know?? I never heard of Aldi either...nice to know that a place like this is not too far from us...

joyful joyful
May '15

WinCo I've heard of, one of my clients deals with them. Mostly out west.

http://wincofoods.com/

Only Warco I know of is the plumbing supply place back in St Olaf... ;-)

You are right, GC. I just found the article again and it is WinCo...And...I was thinking the same thing as Warco used to be a plumbing place right here in Hackettstown (maybe it still is!)

joyful joyful
May '15

http://wincofoods.com/

List of Grocery Stores in: Arizona | California | Idaho | Nevada | Oregon | Texas | Utah | Washington

Thanks for that link to WinCo Foods, GC....a friend of mine is moving to Arizona in a few weeks and she says one of these stores is just 2 miles from her. Lucky Duck!!

joyful joyful
May '15

Interesting joyful - their web site says they have 6 locations in AZ, all in the Phoenix area. And out of those, 2 are within walking distance of some of my closest friends that moved from Bergen County to AZ 10 years ago. Their youngest son is graduating from high school on Thursday. Your friend may be moving within blocks of my friend for all I know. ;-)

Love Aldi's. Their Fit & Active brand is great and (I haven't had it recently I admit), but their Chef's Cupboard New England Clam Chowder is better then Campbell's.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
May '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.