Pump House Restaurant

The Pump House Restaurant is going out, Churrascaria is going in. Looking forward to them having a bigger place.

The Man The Man
May '15

How sad. I love The Pump House!

brown bear
May '15

The Pump House is closing??

hapiest girl
May '15

Went once and wasn't impressed.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
May '15

Me too, "The Man". I heard this yesterday and I was thrilled! Wasn't a fan of Pump House but LOVE Churrascaria! I heard the owners were retiring. Good for them.

teenie teenie
May '15

What is Churrascaria?

May '15

Can one assume that they will also get the liquor license?

bothered - It's the rodizio place on Main St. They keep cutting meat and you keep eating it. LOL

http://www.letseat.at/churrascariahackettstownpaladar/menu

Calico696 Calico696
May '15

here ya go..it not in Mansfield so you must have missed it http://www.letseat.at/churrascariahackettstownpaladar

Brad2
May '15

Yes they got the restaurant and the liquor license. I sure hope they remodel the place like they did on Main St.

teenie teenie
May '15

Hackettstown's loss is Mount Olive's gain...

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
May '15

I wish Eileen and Rodger the best. We have had many a good time there.

When is this transaction to take place?

Bernie Bernie
May '15

Yes. And their parking lot was always packed with waiting inside. They were in business for 37 years I think I heard. They did something right! Good luck Eileen and Rodger. You will be missed by many.

just the facts maam just the facts maam
May '15

Still considered hackettstown not mt olive

townie14 townie14
May '15

How is this Mt. Olives gain. Not a fan of losing pump house but its not in Mt. Olive.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
May '15

I am sorry to see the Pump House close.
And especially sorry to see what is replacing it.
YUK!

hapiest girl
May '15

I don't know what "Churrascaria" is but I do hope it will be good. I am old Hackettstown resident and visit every year. I liked the "pump" house because the building had history going back to the "ice house" days and maybe before. The food was always good and I loved sitting by the river.

Terry Mulvihill Ruck Terry Mulvihill Ruck
May '15

I enjoyed all the times I presented the Beater Board at the Pump House, to the winning team of the annual Hackettstown-Warren Hills football game at a special annual Rotary Club meeting. We also presented Player of the Game trophies to both offense and defense players.

Eileen and Rodger were great people to know and their kids were terrific Hackettstown High School athletes in basketball and field hockey.

I'll miss the old place. As Bob Hope would sing, Thanks For The Memories.

P.S. The establishment was technically in Washington Township, Morris County, but everyone in that neighborhood has a Hackettstown mailing address.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

The Pump House is most definitely in Mount Olive.

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
May '15

Looking at map. I stand corrected it is before the river and in Mt. Olive. My apologies.

May '15

Will certainly not mourn the passing of the Pump House...

Evergreen'69 Evergreen'69
May '15

The owners of it posted info some time ago during the discussion about the dam cleanup. The property actually crosses over the county line and is in both Mt Olive and Hackettstown. There is a small restricted development plot on the Warren County side as well as the main Mt Olive plot.

The Pump House has many, many good memories for myself and my family. One of my son's first jobs was working there in the kitchen many years ago. Roger and Eileen still ask about him whenever we go in for dinner. Used to be a every Friday night for dinner spot years ago too and we still go there quite frequently and a tradition for Christmas Eve dinner for many years now. It is sad but it is time for the owners to enjoy some long overdue retirement with their families. We will miss this place very much but also wishing the new owners..Chuurrascaria, success as well.

joyful joyful
May '15

I thought it was in Washington Twp.?

Sport
May '15

See, I'm not the only one who doesn't know what Chuurrascaria is.

May be in Mansfield, but have been in and out of H'town for 25 years. Never heard of it. And I travel Main St. I'm not afraid, like some seem to be.

May '15

I always enjoyed my times there. As they say nothing is forever....

On a side note, who the hell cares what town or municipality the property is located in. It amounts to zero as it pertains to this particular topic. Anyone interested knows it's located on RT 46 east of the center of Hackettstown near the river. It has been there for decades. This has been discussed ad nauseam before. End of rant! LOL.

The pump house sucks. They couldn't even make a good burger the one time I went. I could have made my own a lot better.

Metsman Metsman
May '15

Why do some of you have to be so mean. Fine if you didn't care for it but what pleasure are you getting from bashing it. It's closing so now you can all be happy. I enjoyed the Pump House and I wish the owners well!

Ollie Ollie
May '15

Chuurrascaria is one of the best restaurants in Hackettstown and probably the hardest to get a table on a Friday/Saturday night due to the small size. Reservations only.

They will do great in a much larger spot, very happy for them.

darwin darwin
May '15

This is sad news for us. We were there all the time. But I wish Rodger and Eileen well. 37 years is a long time!

Is it still open?

Aquarius Aquarius
May '15

The date for the change over I've heard is June 8.

Churrascaria Hackettstown Paladar (two r's but only one u) is definitely hard to get a reservation. Plus they aren't overwhelmed with parking either. Put that together with the liquor license and it's a really good situation for them. And even though you don't want to see places you like go away, retirement is something you can understand and wish the older owners well. Although I know some people did not have the best experiences in the past with the food, I know I personally had a quite decent burger there. Plus they did a very nice job with their salads.

I'll also be interested in any change in decor. They did such a tremendous job with the stone work at the Main St location.

I wish both places the best of luck.

Thanks, GC! I agree 100%. I also wish both places well.

Aquarius Aquarius
May '15

I have many happy memories of friends and good food at the Pump House. I do wish the present owners a well deserved retirement, and much success to the future owners.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
May '15

Me too with the memories although stopped going as of late; just didn't seem to have the same flair as yesteryear.

Have wanted to try Churrascaria Hackettstown Paladar with it's great reviews. Frankly location has slowed me down. Not stopped me, just slowed my pace of getting there. Just didn't want to park n walk at that end of town for a multi-hour meal. Can't wait for the new location.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
May '15

So glad they get to retire! That's the best way for a business to go out.

Looking forward to trying Churrascaria when they move in there! Just haven't gotten there yet, but will make it a point to once the transition has taken place.

somechik somechik
May '15

I work at the pump house and we have all been there a very long time we are all like family including are customers 35 years is a long time we are all sad but Rodger and Eileen have come a long way we have all rasised are children together
And now grandchildren it's time they deserve fun with the family and them selfs and wish them the best off happiness

Have always enjoyed our meals there and especially Eileen she always treated us great and took the time to catch up even if they were busy. Hope they can relax and enjoy their time with family!

fishmaker1 fishmaker1
May '15

Weird that Mt. Olive is right alongside the river there, but most of that area along 46 is Washington Township, the corner where the old Stardust Diner used to be (now a car dealer), the Target store, WRNJ radio, all are in Washington Twp., then, when you get closer to Budd Lake, you're back in Mt. Olive.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Best wishes to the Pump House owners and staff. It's so tough for family owned, locally owned businesses to survive against the giant chains. Hats off to you all for all your years!

So very, very glad Churrascaria is going in to that space - with the liquor license. They do a terrific job. I wish them much success and will visit often!

I hope they put a fire pit outside and make great use of the outdoor patio.
Looking forward to Sangria!

snowster
May '15

I caught a piranha there in the river back in 95

jason jason
May '15

Metsman they must have done something right being in business for 35 years! All who are bashing the retiring of The Pump House what a negative character you have. If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all.
Enjoyed many a great meal and wonderful service through the years. Happy Retirement!

outsider outsider
May '15

I ate there for free a lot, going to those sports luncheons.

The food was always GREAT.

I remember the time everybody was eating dessert, while I was speaking, and then the posing for pictures with award winners, etc.

As the event wrapped up and I started heading out, Eileen came up to me and said, "you missed dessert. Here. Enjoy."

I didn't really need a dessert, but I couldn't say no. (-;

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

A piranha in 1995 deserves a caipirinha in 2015 (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
May '15

We had a tarantula visit our back porch once.

I squashed it with a newspaper, always have a few of those handy.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

nobody still said anything about what the new restaurant is...or serves...I have no idea. music? fries ? steak? taco? empanada? vegetarian? chinese? Thai? Italian? american? who knows...?

Toms
May '15

Brazilian.

Toms- Calico696 posted their menu in the seventh post from the top of this thread. I would guess the menu would be the same and perhaps expanded.

Toms - The link to their existing web site with their menu was posted above:

http://www.letseat.at/churrascariahackettstownpaladar

"Churrascaria" means Brazilian rotisserie meats. It's not exactly the same kind of BBQ we think of, but it's their equivalent. Brazilian/Portuguese cuisine, just check the menu for more.

Thanks

Toms
May '15

No one is bashing them retiring. Good for them. Hope they have a great retirement.
Some of us just mentioned we weren't happy when we ate there. We ALL have opinions.

May '15

Outsider if you can't make a burger you're not worth coming back to. Maybe they had a dope cooking that night. I wish them the best though.

Metsman Metsman
May '15

The Pump House is in Washington Twp.

+1 tmb I learned not to argue those points. LOL!

May '15

Sorry, tmb, you are wrong. The border between Mount Olive and Washington Township there is Drakestown Road. The Pump House is on the Mount Olive side.

It's not a matter of argument. :-)

Aquarius Aquarius
May '15

The tax record for anyone who still cares at this point:

http://tax1.co.monmouth.nj.us/cgi-bin/m4.cgi?district=1427&l02=142708500____00021_________M

Aquarius - with some it is, on other threads (other topics) No problem. Wish someone would post link of map. Curious!

May '15

Borders are never a matter of argument. Commonly used names, yes, but not borders.

Here you go.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mt+Olive+Township,+NJ,+USA/@40.8631725,-74.7516931,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c39d40cfbf1b95:0x18bc2aee46e5a5a7

Aquarius Aquarius
May '15

It's lot 21, block 8500 in Mount Olive Township.

Gadfly Gadfly
May '15

Not arguing the validity of what just got posted ...

it's just weird that when you drive east on 46 you're in Hackettstown, Mt. Olive for the blink of an eye, Washington Twp. for a mile or two, then Mt. Olive again ...

no wonder NJ is so messed up.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Actually, if you're driving east on 46, you never enter Mt. Olive at all by the Pump House... unless you're driving on the wrong side of the road. The municipal boundary is the centerline of Route 46 (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '15

So drive down the center line in front of The Pump House and you'll be in Mt Olive? Can H'town police give you a ticket for that?? LMAO!

Aquarius' map shows its just barely in Mt Olive, but GC tax link shows address as H'town. Does anyone really know where they live?? Crazy!!

May '15

Being "just barely in Mount Olive" is kind of like being "just barely pregnant".

The Pump House is located in Mount Olive Township, it has a Hackettstown mailing address and the properties across the street from it are in Washington Township.

If you think this qualifies as crazy, don't click on the link... your head will probably explode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Bend

ianimal ianimal
May '15

I didn't mean it was barely in Mt Olive, I meant the borderline just barely includes it. LOL!

It's crazy like this everywhere.

Any who, best wishes on your retirement. Enjoy it.

May '15

Who cares whether it's in Hackettstown or Mt. Olive? What a waste of space.

real1 real1
May '15

Something to be said for having a successful restaurant for 35 years! We will miss it. Happy retirement to Rodger and Eileen!

The thing to note from all this,The Pumphouse did very well by us over the years!
Now we will have REAL "fine dining" in Hackettstown ! Joe and his wife will have an excellent operation,judging from my experiance at their present location.
Upscale has been thin over the years. Was great with the Putz brothers in the old Clarendon,among the few over the years.Matars is "hype" and little else!!

Oldtimer Oldtimer
May '15

We ate at the Pump House last night. They told us the closing date is Sunday. Some items are not available on the menu as they're not reordering items. The place was busy and I saw several groups of people turned away because they didn't have reservations. If you plan to eat there, be sure to make a reservation. We had steaks and they were great. There were only two dessert items available. Last call for the Pump House!

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
May '15

i wont be going with those prices-see yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

mumu
May '15

We will miss them , nice people, great service , a good value, and the best onion soup around,, always enjoyed going there over the years with my wife, children and grandchildren, very sad but we wish them well !!!!!

BlueFishEd BlueFishEd
May '15

Going tonight!

My son's high school & college graduation parties were held there, as well as my daughter's baby shower and My grandsons Christening parties.

My family, friends & extended family loved the buffet.

They served very good food, with a lot of choices. We had some family with big appetites. They could return for more of whatever they liked.

I am sad to see them go, but wish them well,in there well deserved retirement. They worked hard and were in business for a long time. Which speaks for it self in terms of the following they had.
I have very good memories of happy times, which included family who are no longer with us. Best Wishes, Eileen & Roger!

Susan Cecere Susan Cecere
May '15

Pump house property is Washington Twp. It's on that side of the river - just barely. Just like the car dealers, Target, the radio station...

charley charley
May '15

ate there many times - the owners live not too far from me - maybe retirement is calling???

ranger822nd ranger822nd
Jun '15

I have a recent gift card for Pump House. I called today to see if I could still use it and left a message. I wonder if Churrascaria will honor it as part of the sale?.

jennifer1 jennifer1
Jun '15

I called Churrascaria this afternoon--they will honor all Pump House gift certificates. However, they are remodeling and will not be open for at least three months.

jennifer1 jennifer1
Jun '15

Thanks for the timeline.... I wonder if the new bigger Churrascaria will do things the same way they do now (the way they serve food), or if it will be more "normal" in that you order from a menu?

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jun '15

They have a "normal" menu you can order from or you can get the rodizio if you prefer. Have they changed that? We've ordered takeout from their menu.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '15

Oh, I didn't realize that... I was just reading reviews. I have not yet been there! It's the one place in town my wife and I have been waiting to go to for a long time, but for whatever reason, we never get there, always go someplace else...

For ME, I will be FAR more likely to go now that they will have a liquor license. I'm not a fan of BYO. I can BYO at home. When I go out, I want TAP beer, or a wine I DON'T already have at home. LOL

We love the Pandan Room, and Prickly Pear - despite the fact they are both BYO lol.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jun '15

Best of luck to Eileen and Roger on their well deserved retirement. My family and friends will miss you very much, Always very good food and a very relaxed atmosphere!! SO sad to see it go!! :-(

Doris O. Doris O.
Jun '15

Stumbled on churrascaria by accident, what a find. You should all be grateful that a restaurant with GREAT food is replacing the awful pump house.

Ina Goldman Ina Goldman
Jul '15

Ina, my husband and I frequented the Pump House for more than a decade. Please don't tell me what I should be grateful for based on your accidental experiences. Thanks.

Aquarius Aquarius
Jul '15

I've eaten at the Pump House perhaps five times since 1991. Out of those five, I remember one time where it wasn't that bad and I thought there was some hope.

The last time I was there was 2013 or 2014. Let's just say that I was unimpressed on multiple levels.

Living in PA like I do, I am trying to understand some people's affinity to places that serve food that has the sensory quality of a Banquet frozen dinner (I will say the Pump House food was better than that, at least.) I have found that raging against food preferences is about as useful as raging against political and religious beliefs, and it is best to leave a perceived-bad-enough alone.

I will try Churrascaria, though, and I wish them well!

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Jul '15

Got that feeling driving by jjmonth4 so we never went there. When the location reopens under the new owners will go for sure...

wow congrats to Eileen and Rodger it's about time.Looking forward to a new place to go that's for sure.
Does anyone have ideas when new place might try and open?

PS always had great food there!!

patti patti
Jul '15

Spent many a Friday night years ago and definitely every Christmas Eve after church with family at the Pump House. They had the best "duck".on the menu. In fact, the only restaurant where my husband would order that specialty...My son had one of his first jobs in high school in the kitchen of the Pump House and to this day Eileen and Roger always ask about him when we see them. They worked long and hard in this business for a good many years. Wishing them the very best in their long, overdue retirement...

joyful joyful
Jul '15

Yes, best wishes to Eileen & Roger! I will never understand people who go out of their way to say negative and hurtful things.

These folks worked so hard for years. Personally, I always had wonderful meals there. The Livestock Auction held their Christmas parties there for years - and they put out a fabulous, delicious, huge and varied buffet - don't know how they did it for the price.

Sad to see them go - wishing the best for the new owners.

Peaceful 4th to All.

MAN.....it's called ignorance

outsider outsider
Jul '15

Is saying you were not impressed by the food a hurtful thing?

I know Momma always said that if you can't say anything good....but I really WAS, repeatedly, not impressed. Yet, I spent my time and money going back every so often to see if things got better.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Jul '15

The sign is off --- is Churrascaria not going there after all?

hapiest girl
Sep '15

I think the sign has been down for awhile. I actually thought it looked like the frame that the sign was on looked charred at the top. Couldn't tell for sure though.

Bessie Bessie
Sep '15

They wrapped that illuminated box sign with a banner - it got too hot and burned!

They are doing major renovations. Still coming!

@man.. Thanks for that explanation. When I saw it, all I could think is" what the heck."

Bessie Bessie
Sep '15

Hey Bessie! That's probably exactly what they said when they saw it smoking!

Looks like they are almost ready to open. Any word on an opening day?

stressed out stressed out
Feb '16

Should be exceptional, can't wait...

Sign says March, didn't see a day

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '16

Saw a little peak through the window driving by the other day. Looks beautiful. Can't wait to go.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Feb '16

Per their Facebook page and website-they are opening tomorrow 2/22
http://churrascariahackettstownpaladar.letseat.at

Does look impressive...

At those prices are they busing in people from Short Hills?

Jonelle Jonelle
Feb '16

Those prices are on par with Prickley Pear and Mattars.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '16

quite pricey - definitely a "special occasion" restaurant for most - Mattars has a range of options now, they shifted from only higher priced options to a "bistro" with a range as well as children's menu - still a bit pricey but you can choose items less so.

pmnsk pmnsk
Feb '16

Yes, a splurge place. Price like other splurge places, and worth it. The rodizio is unlimited food and so priced for the amount of big ticket meats you get. Lunch and smaller items are priced accordingly. They are very good for the market they are in. People that come from miles away is a good thing. And they do.

Will they have a bar? Did the pump house sell the liquor license as well? I hope for a bar menu too.

Mike1822
Feb '16

Rodizio at Fernandes in Newark which is known to have some of the best Rodizio is priced @30.00. If it's on par with them it will save me the trip to Newark. That is worth a 10.00 premium to me. 39.95 for a good dinner and barely a drive sounds OK to me.

Feb '16

I thought it was quite humorous that under Churasscaria's "today's specials" they put "vegetarian" after the salad. Would it matter to anyone going to an exclusively meat & fish restaurant that the salad was vegetarian?? lol

happiest girl
Feb '16

Better than Fernandes, quality of meats. Now, Fernandes brings the meats out much quicker, actually a ridiculous level of eating. If you really need that much food then go to Fernandes. if you can pace yourself better but still get a lot of food but better quality (and more expensive) go here...

Under drinks it says BYOB! So I am assuming they did not sell the liquor license to them! That's unfortunate. Now lets guess where the license is going to end up.

Christine Christine
Feb '16

I don't think they updated their website. It still has their previous address.

Any case I can't wait to try it, love Portuguese and Brazilian food.

positive positive
Feb '16

I have heard that they do have a liquor license at the new location.

Their website hasn't been updated with a new menu or recent pictures (only the home page has some updates) and they bought the liquor license and I heard they built a large brand new bar as well.

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Feb '16

Well that's good news! But since I was there the process have increased quite a bit.

Christine Christine
Feb '16

I don't get how some are complaining about their prices. they are the same prices they had at the past location. Which was always packed and by reservation only. They were so successful with those prices they were able to move to move to a much larger location. So they must be doing something right and they must have attracted enough people in the surrounding area willing to pay for an unbelievable meal without busing people in from Short Hills. Not everyone living in Warren county is poor.

if you can't afford this place, good news there's always IHOP

and yes Pump House sold them their liquor license, but even if they didn't, Pump House is not in Hackettstown so it's not like any other places in Hackettstown would have been able to purchase it.

darwin darwin
Feb '16

I don't remember the rodizio being $40 the last time we were there, but that was a year ago. I thought it was maybe 35. In any event, it's not an everyday kind of place, but it's worth it as a special occasion splurge.

Personally, kind of disappointed that it won't be BYOB anymore.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Feb '16

I heard they'll even let you bring your own meats in to keep the prices down. Can't wait for squirrel season to start.

"Not everyone living in Warren county is poor."

Shhh....don't say that. Now all the people won't have anything to complain about.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '16

Well finding out this opened on the first day of my diet certainly sucks!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '16

emaxxman -- If you eat meat, why discriminate? There is no difference in eating squirrel than any other animal. If this seems gross to you, you might reconsider eating any animal.

happiest girl
Feb '16

We went a year ago and we paid 29.99 for the radizio. It was excellent. I am not complaining by no means. I just made a comment the prices went up.

I plan on trying it but its certainly not a weekly dinner place.

Christine Christine
Feb '16

Good god happiest girl, give it a break. It was a freakin joke.

For the record, I have no issues with people eating any animal they want...dogs, cows, squirrels, horses, ants, whatever. Go for it.

Back to the thread...will have to give this place a try. May just give the 1/2 skewer a try first.

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '16

Give *what* a break, emax?

happiest girl
Feb '16

"There is no difference in eating squirrel than any other animal. If this seems gross to you, you might reconsider eating any animal."
I find turnips gross. Does that mean I should reconsider eating any vegetable? Yeah, your argument really is that ridiculous.

iphone-imal iphone-imal
Feb '16

You missed the point, iphone.

happiest girl
Feb '16

Gray squirrel is actually pretty damn good.

Gadfly Gadfly
Feb '16

Gadfly ........ Plenty of cultures eat squirrel.

But watch out -- emaxxman might put you in a box and classify you.

happiest girl
Feb '16

WTF are you talking about? What box?

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '16

Wait, what? I think I missed something.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

For the uninitiated... they are going to throw a bunch of heavy starches at you in an attempt to minimize your meat intake. Don't fall for it. Rice and beans, French fries and fried plantains aren't worth $40. Embrace your inner carnivore and leave the grazing to the livestock.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '16

Is it just me, or does pretty much every thread I read on here end up with people arguing with each other? It gets tiring. :(

I don't think I'd ever be able to eat $40 worth of chicken, so I will sit this one out. The non-all you can eat options are pretty lame IMO.

Enjoy everyone, and let us know how it is!

Josh - Welcome to HL. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

oh it's not just chicken Calico. unless that's the only type of meat that you eat. and if it is then yes you wouldn't get the Rodizio. For all other carnivores its I think 12-14 different types of meats that doesn't stop. I keep losing count.

and yes ianimal you have to limit yourself on the sides and just focus on the meat it you want to make it through 1 full rotation of meats or beyond :)

darwin darwin
Feb '16

"The non-all you can eat options are pretty lame IMO."

Really? If this place is as good as people say, I'm sure their paella and mariscada will be top-notch. You like seafood and rice, no?

I do think it's odd that they charge $5 for "house signature bread"... can't say that I've seen that before.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '16

ianimal/darwin - I don't eat shellfish and don't eat mammals, so this is not the place for me. But like I said, you all enjoy!

I should send Horatio with you ianimal, he would probably love this place. Sounds completely like a man dinner establishment.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

A seasoned Rodizio patron knows how to do it- definitely keep the starches to a minimum.
We went to Churrascaria Plataforma in the city- fantastic place-and the newbies with us loaded up on all of the "carbs" from the enormous salad bar...while my niece and I kept the meats coming:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Feb '16

Anyone ever go to Rios Brazilian Steakhouse in Nazareth PA? How is the rodizio there? I've never been to these types of places but am getting more and more interested!!

http://riosbraziliansteakhousepa.com/

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Feb '16

yea this is a meat lovers paradise. cant wait to go back

darwin darwin
Feb '16

I went to Rio's when they first opened up for a lunch; I don't work that far from there. It was $20 back then (at least 4 years or so by now.) Dinner was certainly more.

The meats were good but I think there were only about 6 or so options. That may have been because it was lunch. The one thing I remember is that the meats were heavily salted. I felt like I needed to drink a swimming pool's worth of water afterwards.

Overall not a bad experience but I sure wouldn't drive out there for it given the option locally (or even Newark.)

emaxxman emaxxman
Feb '16

I've been to Rios a couple times and I agree with emaxxman. If you live in the area, it's not bad... but it's not exactly a "destination" that I would drive an hour to get to. He is also correct on the salt content... very high.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '16

If you do want to eat all those endless sides, the best thing to do is to order an individual skewer instead of the rodizio. Then you can fill up without worrying and take home any meat you don't eat for more like $25 a person. You don't get the variety of meats but the quantity of food is still huge.

Anyone down for a HL mans dinner? I can freakin throw down at rodizios. Just bring me the whole cow and i will carve it off myself! !!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '16

! gather from the level of discourse on this thread that most submissions indicate the person would be best go to "Hot Dog Johnny's" Most would not recognize a good restaurant ,be it Mt.Olive,Wash. Township or Oskosh !!

Oldtimer Oldtimer
Feb '16

Anyone eaten in the new place yet?

eapos eapos
Mar '16

If you want to try the new place, I recommend you call and make a reservation.

A week ago Friday my husband and I went to the new Churrascaria for an early dinner about 5:30 PM. The hostess said they were completely booked that Friday and Saturday night and no tables were available without a reservation.

So no, we haven't tried it yet.

Chickadee mobile Chickadee mobile
Mar '16

We went and weren't impressed. Very limited meats. Some dry and overcooked. All options tasted like they came from ShopRite. I grill up beef that is better. Newark rodizio is worth the drive.

Bbbnj Bbbnj
Apr '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.