Donation Question

Hello all, looking for some advice from the H-Town forum experts. Having a garage sale Saturday and anything not sold I wanted to donate. Anyone know of anyone who comes and picks up stuff? Salvation Army or Market Street Mission maybe??? I am in Washington Boro...
Thanks in advance!

advice seeker advice seeker
May '15

I think the thrift store next to the habitat for humanity picks up........

josepcan josepcan
May '15

purpleheart.org

Steven Steven
May '15

Big brothers big sisters.

I've done the Salvation Army and big brothers big sisters. I like it because you can schedule a day for them to come pick it up, leave everything outside in boxes or bags and they take it.

DoxieMommy DoxieMommy
May '15

Habitat will pick up depending on what you have to donate.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
May '15

Just remembered another when I've used. The Lupus foundation will do pick ups as well. Sometimes I get postcards in the mail from various charities looking to organize a pick up on a certain day. I then call them to change the day, or go to the website schedule any day that I want.

DoxieMommy DoxieMommy
May '15

Trinity is another potential place to donate.

http://catchthespirit.org/component/content/article/463

Lupus Foundation and Big Brothers Big Sisters both have online websites you can go to and set up a pick up. They also list the items they will take.

brandyB brandyB
May '15

Last two times I donated to Lupus Foundation they didn't leave me a receipt.

Lena, if you scheduled your pick up online for the Lupus Foundation and you have a user sign-on, you can print a receipt to fill out right off the website.

brandyB brandyB
May '15

United War Vets Council also picks up - you can schedule online http://www.uwvcpickupservice.org/.

Neezy Neezy
May '15

Lupus.they will be happy to take anything you want to donate. They will pick it up in front of your house.

Mary Beth Mary Beth
May '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.