Charity Softball Game

I am organizing a charity softball game to benefit Avery Harris (local boy with a rare disease). I am trying to raise as much money for this family. Please give me good ideas on how to get the word out!! I attached the patch article. Thanks!!

http://patch.com/new-jersey/longvalley/washington-twp-hackettstown-cops-swing-fences-help-baby-rare-disease

Re: Charity Softball Game

Wonderful Charity!! To promote the game......

1. Place Ads at the Tannery Field where they have Softball Games all week long
2. WRNJ
3. Tell the Hackettstown Middle and High Schools about Charity and they can announce it every morning with their Daily Morning School Announcements
4. Facebook
5. Inform Centenary College Athletic Department ( AD )
6. Inform Hackettstown High School Athletic Department (AD)
7. Inform local Churches and Schools for possible Donations
8. Warren Reporter Newspaper
9. NEWS 12 New Jersey TV
10. Place ADS at local Schools, Churches and Businesses
11. Place AD at Deli Counter of area Supermarkets

You've just contacted the Warren Reporter! I'll be happy to give it a lot of promotion.

In 1973 I played third base in a 24-hour softball marathon that raised money for a charity in Ocean County. We donated a dollar for each run we scored, I scored seven times... I was something like 10-for-30 in the game... was weird to see the sun coming up while I'm standing at third base playing a game ... there were businesses in town that donated a lot more than that for each run.

Not everybody played all 24 hours ... I was 23 years old and single, I wanted to go the distance.

Former Baltimore Oriole Curt Blefary, who lived in the area, played with us.

Fans who came to watch paid donations, food and soda got sold, etc. etc.

But a marathon would not work at Tannery Field, they have an 11 p.m. curfew there.

Anyway, consider me one of your supporters. GOOD LUCK.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME event for Avery and his wonderful parents! I love to see the community coming together to help families in need. Great job Adam for organizing this event. My family will be there. Lots of prayers and love to be Harris family.

Just Saying... Just Saying...
May '15

Facebook!!!!

nutty nutty
May '15

Just to keep up with the times, I'd like to see how it works on Facebook.

Just so the master's degree I earned in 1977 does not become obsolete ... learning is a lifelong process, y'know.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Thank you guys so much for the ideas!!

All good places to contact, I'll also suggest contacting Good Impressions in Washington. They have several small community publications such as the Messenger that are very good at publishing details of events like that - gooddeals@good-impressions.com

Another place not yet mentioned - the BID. They have contacts with the local businesses and many very much like to help.

If you have a poster, there are any number of bulletin boards at various local businesses. Things like the laundromats, convenience stores, pizza places, banks, and nail salons. Having run 4 different HL charity events in the past, we found there are many businesses who really like to help that sort of thing. There are a few places that won't so as not to favor one thing over the other. But most if you just ask will at least consider it or pass it along to management. There is a lot of word that can be spread that way.

You'd need to send Good Impressions a professional quality press release.

They don't have staff reporters.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '15

Thank you for organizing this wonderful event!!!! I will be there with my family and will pass this information along to others.

Just
May '15

It's so nice to see families helping out other families.
I'm not sure I have too many ideas for you as this is not my specialty but maybe a local restaurant would help and some of the cost made go to Avery?
Good luck and let us know what you come up with so we can help or donate.

Livinglifelovinglife Livinglifelovinglife
May '15

Any updates on this upcoming event?

Just
May '15

I hope everything is coming together for this. I'd love to stop by. How's it going with the planning Adam?

Livinglifelovinglife Livinglifelovinglife
May '15

Bring the family and support a great cause on Sunday, June 7th 3:00pm at the Tannery Field, Grand Avenue Hackettstown. Hackettstown, Mansfield, and Washington Twp. - Morris Police Officers will square off in a charity softball game to help raise money for Avery Harris, a local 8-month old baby who is living with a rare intestinal disorder, Microvillus Inclusion Disease. $4 per person or $10 per family. All funds will go to the family to help them pay for their medical expenses.
To follow Avery's story and progress, go to his facebook page "Team Avery"

Just
Jun '15

You've got it on the calendar --- good luck, looking forward to it.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '15

My family and I are looking forward to this event today, to help support this little boy and his wonderful family. Thank you Adam for your original post, making us aware of this event and for organizing it. It's so nice to see both police departments come together for such a worthy cause.

Just
Jun '15

Thank you all and see you at 3!

What an awesome event and game for such a good cause!!! Thank you Adam for all the planning and organization that went into this charity softball game. A big thank you to the many police officers who participated!! It was so nice to see the community come together!!! Continued prayers for the Harris family.

Just
Jun '15

We placed our button with Avery's picture in a special spot at home.

God bless.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '15

The IronPigs (Triple-A team in Allentown that draws great crowds) and Home Plate Dairy (in Stewartsville) put together a real nice fundraiser that I enjoyed covering last summer.

I'm sure they'd be glad to help Avery, too, worth a shot.

http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/index.ssf/2014/08/angels_for_mark.html

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.