Five Guys burger restaurant

Hi. Just an FYI "Five Guys" Burger place is coming to the rockaway mall across from the movie theater by Paneras.

Bella76 Bella76
Apr '15

YESSSSS!!!

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Apr '15

Will they have an on-site cardiac care unit?

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '15

The existing one in Denville is almost the same distance, only a mile and a half more than Rockaway Mall. Good fries.

Ive had Five Guys and really wasn't really too impressed. Just wondering how it compares to Bobby Flay's Burger Palace? I've wanting to try that place out for awhile now.

I would be excited but yeah- it's no closer than the one on Rt 10 in... is that considered Denville?

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Apr '15

Five Guys is ok. I don't see what the hype is all about. Prefer Smashburger or even better-a place called 'The Counter' opened up in downtown New Brunswick recently. Much better, IMO. It's a build your own place with a ton of choices. Sit down place with a bar, so not a direct comparison, just a better burger.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

I've never tried Smashburger, but their commercial annoys me.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '15

Humpty Jr's wins hands down in my opinion.

GladlyPayYouOnTues
Apr '15

The Denville location is in The Shoppes at Union Hill. Union Hill is one of neighborhoods in Denville.

Just had a Humpty Jr chili cheese burger extra sloppy while coming home from PA. Great, great fries. And a good burger with great toppings served with special care.

Smashburger I'll just pass on. Fries are cookie cutter and the burger not as good as that. If I was traveling in that direction, Arthur's is the biggest bestest and worth the trip. The Legion servers a killer bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, and onion for $5 and is my local favorite.

Yeah- Humpty Jr's!!! Gotta' get out there..... Log Cabin Inn too.....

Truth be told, I don't make special trips to Five Guys, but when I'm on the road, it's FAR preferable to McDs/BK/Wendy's, if I want a burger and fries. When I'm craving an AWESOME burger, I go to Marley's or Log Cabin In..

Actually, Luigi's Rancho has an excellent burger as well.

But I put these in categories.... "real" burgers to me are Marley's, Log Cabin, Ranchos..... "diner" burgers are Riverfront and Five Guys and Humpty's. Fast food burgers I try not to eat anymore.

Apr '15

I stopped at the Smashburger in Cherry Hill on the way back from AC one time and noticed something on the menu called the "New Jersey". I REALLY had to go to the bathroom, so I ordered it without even looking at the description, figuring it was going to come with pork roll and a fried egg. I get it and it's got bacon, blue cheese and fried onions... what the hell do any of those things have to do with New Jersey?

The other thing... they won't serve their burgers medium-rare. That puts them on the "one finger on each hand up" list of burger joints. If you can't trust your supply chain that much, you shouldn't be doing business with them.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Actually, I usually get the buffalo chicken when I'm at Smash, so guess I'm not the one to ask about the burger. Or chains in general as we usually prefer to go to local places for Thai, Korean, French, burgers, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, etc. So many choices in New Brunswick now that we rarely go to chains other than Chipotle.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

Burger Wars: There's a Red Robin inside the Mall and I also remember some burger place in the outer mall near the Dunkin' Donuts/Verizon stores that went under but keeps coming back as different restaurants.

Red Robin is good quality. Plus they have tons of different burgers.

Metsman Metsman
Apr '15

Red Robin.....yummmmmmmmm lol

Yeah, their burgers are good. Personally I think I prefer Five Guys. If either one is off an exit, I'm good to go. If I'm at the mall already, RR is good. I won't make a special trip to Five Guys on Rt 10.

NOW... if there's a Five Guys AT the mall, then it'll come down to.... do I want a couple of BEERS or not? In which case, RR is the only choice.

Apr '15

I'll have to give RR a try. Always smells good when I'm walking into/out of the gym (there's one next to it). I've resisted the temptation thus far.

If you're near New Brunswick, give The Counter a try. There's one in NYC and about 20 other locations around the country.

http://www.thecounterburger.com/

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

If you ever find yourself in Fair Lawn, try The Habit Burger Grille... you won't be disappointed. It's a CA-based chain but I think that's the only franchise in NJ.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

You moved to New Brunswick MeisterNJ? Thought you lived in Mendham.

Metsman Metsman
Apr '15

If Red Robin isn't as good as Five Guys, then it's not that good. Humpty Jr is no "diner" type burger. Even if you like that, it's not that type. Do not care for the Marley's "pretzel" bun at all. Way too hard even if the inside is soft. They should go back to their previous bun and do the "pretzel" on request or only for specific burgers.

Never been to Log Cabin and don't want to go to Rancho.

I work in New Brunswick Metsman.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

There's just no pleasing some people (GC) ;)

Apr '15

There's also a The Counter on Route 3 West in Clifton... Same strip mall where the Chipotle and Bed Bath and Beyond are.

However, if you're in that area, my suggestion is to go down the road just a tiny bit to Zinburger!!!

Jules Jules
Apr '15

We had Five Guys on Long Island last summer, the fries were great, but the burger not so much. They would be better if they cooked them on a grill instead of frying them in their own grease.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Apr '15

I do like Five Guys for lunch once in a while. The fries are the best.
Speaking of Red Robin, to me they have changed for the worse in the last 5 years. You used to get a huge, nice burger but the last time we went, my burger looked just like my son's kid's meal.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '15

Oh I remember the name of the place in Rockaway near the Dunkin and Verizib store, the burger place that went under! Fat Burger. At least it was honest.

Fatburger was ok. Not as good as Five Guys or Red Robin

Apr '15

Hey, what about Sonic? I'd put them in the category with Five Guys and Red Robin.... Not a "real" burger, but not a "fast food" burger either..

On a side note, love their Coney Island dogs! (Chili, cheese, onions). But still prefer Humpty Jr's.

Apr '15

I got the sweet potato fries at smash burger. They are pretty good. I will always get sweet potato fries when they're available.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

Eating sweet potato fries is right up there with eating a tofu burger. Not in this friggin lifetime (-;

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

AGREE, Ian!!! LOL

Apr '15

Out of all these burger places, I think I like burgerfi the most. I haven't seen one in the northeast yet. They're a growing chain. Really good burgers and they serve a variety of beer.

I'm not a fan of five guys, too greasy. I can only take so much overly greasy overly salty food. I don't even like bacon anymore.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Apr '15

There is a Burgerfi in New Brunswick , NJ. It sounds similar to Shake Shack...one if my other beloved burger places!

Jules Jules
Apr '15

Get ahold of yourself, Pennings!
(Grabs him by the lapels)
You don't like bacon anymore?!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '15

Yeah Pennings... you should really see someone about that, that ain't right....

Apr '15

I can't help it! Ever since I quit smoking I stopped liking a lot of food I used to love. Once my taste buds went back to normal anything that has a strong flavor is too much for me.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Apr '15

Pennings you might as well end it all now... LOL... Bacon is amazing!

Metsman Metsman
Apr '15

Most people usually eat MORE when they stop smoking.....

Apr '15

OMG If you are a burger person then ya gotta try www.emerilsrestaurants.com/burgers-and-more-emeril

H'townian H'townian
Apr '15

I've been to Emeril's burger place at the Sands... really good. But I'm not driving to the Sands for a cheeseburger! LOL

Apr '15

A friend of my brother writes an interesting burger blog.

http://billcianciburgerreviews.blogspot.com/2015_03_01_archive.html

number10 number10
Apr '15

Emeril's is pretty good. Nice selection. Pretty good sweet potato fries.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

Emeril's burgers are fantastic, as are their onion rings... but you can't really compare a $15 gourmet burger to a $5 fast food burger at 5 Guys.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Emeril's burger + onion rings + milkshake = Comatosed, worthless afternoon at work. Did that twice. Would say, "I'll never do it again" but I'm sure I will given how close I am.

emaxxman emaxxman
Apr '15

Just imagine if you added a double shot of Jameson's to that milkshake, emaxxman (-;

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.