How did you do in Townwide Garage Sales? Would you do it Again?

The Duke and I participated with GC and his Mom these past two weekends in their garage sale. For us just being with them is a lot of fun and we enjoyed the fresh air and meeting a lot of people and talking with them. The fact that we made a nice profit from the things we sold was just "gravy" on a tiring, but rewarding weekend.

joyful joyful
Apr '15

I neglected to answer my own question of "Would I do it again"...At the moment I would say No,(only because I am tired and it really is a lot of work)... but I know come this time next year, I will be more than ready to do it again...

joyful joyful
Apr '15

Agreed Joy, I've never been so tired in my life, my hair hurts. Gotta be the age. Everything went and made a good buck for the day. Already thinking about next year, sure am glad it's 363 days away! Good lord 10:30 in the morning and I need a nap.

auntiel auntiel
Apr '15

Lol!!! @ Auntiel. Glad to hear you did well. I know the feeling. Wait until you get our age!!

joyful joyful
Apr '15

I don't care if we make money, I want all of this crap gone. Get the &@%#! out of my house and don't come back. ;-)

Continuously meet some nice people, get the new neighbors to come over and give stuff away. More of that? You bet.

Gc, I kept telling people if there is anything left I am donating it. The donation to WM was very small. I'm with you, get out of my house and do not come back. So much fun!!

auntiel auntiel
Apr '15

GC: You know you loved every minute of it!!! Just like having a root canal....
Does that mean we are not doing it again next year???? Or....should I wait and talk to you again about it...say.. in Year 2220 (if I live that long!)

joyful joyful
Apr '15

Joyful you already know the answer. The left over box of stuff for next year is already set, and the other boxes won't take too long before they appear. I'm just glad after all of the stuff that is gone, it will be another full year before another sale is needed instead of having to have another one in September.

We did okay, didn't seem to have as many people as last year though. It's a lot of work but we will most likely do again next year.

Sunshine Sunshine
Apr '15

I did well also! Seemed a bit slow at first, but barley had anything left by 2 o'clock Sunday. Happy to have a couple extra dollars in my pocket and A LOT of stuff out of the house! I'm always amazed at how quickly the "free" pile goes Sunday evening.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.