Stolen stroller

Just figured I will let people know that I had a jogging stroller stolen out of my garage. I usually like leaving the door open so I guess that's a habit I will have to brake. It happened on Thursday and I live on Barkers Mill in Independence.

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Apr '15

Re: Stolen stroller

In case anyone sees it at a garage sale

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Apr '15

that is the crappiest thing I have heard in a while - I hope you called the PD

skippy skippy
Apr '15

No I didn't, I figured they don't want to be bothered with stuff like that.

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Apr '15

I would - regardless. someone walked into your property and removed something from it. that's criminal in any regard. they were feet from your children... Be angry

skippy skippy
Apr '15

I would call the police and file a report!

Kit87 Kit87
Apr '15

Now tracing things back with my husband, he recalls a car pulling into our driveway around 8 pm ( he assumed it was the neighbors driveway) and the dog was barking but he didn't check things out and then it left, so that's when somebody walked into my garage and took the stroller. Yes, I will be contacting the police department tomorrow.

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Apr '15

dumb question

Why would they only take the stroller? Or was it visible from the road?

Brad2
Apr '15

Vita, PLEASE call police! Those of us on Barkers Mill Road now uneasy too (especially since I'm one of your immediate next door neighbors..and, no, we rec'd no one pulling into our drive that night)....wow, to know they obviously have been watching, and chanced that your german shepherd wouldn't be outside to greet them. We now will become more viligent...and make sure we don't leave our garage door open!

wonderful wonderful
Apr '15

Maybe it was just the first thing worth any value that they saw. I would assume they wanted to get in/out quickly so they weren't going to rummage through items deciding what to take.
Who knows? Maybe it was someone that knows the garage door stays open and have had their eye on the stroller, just waiting for an opportunity to take it.

Kind of surprising if it did in fact happen around the 8 o'clock hour when the husband heard the car. Very bold on the thieves part since they could have been easily caught.

It does take a lot of nerve to go into a person's open garage and steal something - for them to have done it so early indicates they really didn't care about a confrontation.

Especially with a big dog barking - when my dog barks, I will usually take a look outside. To think someone would pull a car right into your driveway, that's pretty bold.

Lynnada Lynnada
Apr '15

Where abouts on barkers mill? I live in and around the 70's house number and I have cameras on my house and one facing the road. If u tell me date n time I will go back and look maybe I can get a plate number if the car came this way or left this way

Barkers mill rd Barkers mill rd
Apr '15

nice thanks Barkers Mill rd!

skippy skippy
Apr '15

I'm in the beginning of barkers mill the 20s, and the incident happened either Tuesday or Wednesday around 8 pm ( NOT Thursday )

Dolce_Vita Dolce_Vita
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.