Zabava Catering & Banquet Hall (former Crystal Swan)

I just happened to notice the new sign on the former Crystal Swan. Their website indicates they will specialize in Slavic cuisine.

wonderful wonderful
Apr '15

Thanks for the heads up! I'm game for a new restaurant.

Is their a link for the website?

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Web site:

http://www.zabavanj.com/

From what it says, it looks like catering hall only. Not a restaurant.

Very glad to see the building being used. There was an event there tonight, as well.

snowster
May '15

Re: Zabava Catering & Banquet Hall (former Crystal Swan)

We would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who joined us for Father's day buffet. We are delighted to have you as our guests and serve you delicious Ukrainian food.
We hope to see you again.

Zabava Zabava
Jun '15

Where is this place??

MAN - Route 46, eastbound side, in Independence. As far as I know they don't serve regular dinner there, it's just catering and holiday meals.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '15

133 Rt. 46 in Independence -- just a few minutes outside of Hackettstown.
I went for the Father's Day brunch, it was great!
They surprised us with some special vegetarian dishes they made just for us.
The food is delicious. Even something as simple as the Ukrainian coleslaw and Ukrainian radish salad was so flavorful.
The next event will be for Ukrainian Independence Day.

hapiest girl
Jun '15

Thanks Calico & hapiestgirl!

FYI - Ukrainian Independence Day is August 24. (I figured someone would ask.)

Please use bigger signs to advertise your events. by the time you see the signs we are already gone by. Also, no one knows what kind of food you serve. Would love to be at your next event as we are polish. Maybe you could put up a billboard for cars to see when you are having events

Edna pasko Edna pasko
Jun '15

Edna,
If you go to their website --- http://www.zabavanj.com/
..and then click on where it says Father's Day buffet ....
you will see the menu of what they served.

hapiest girl
Jun '15

I was there with one of my friends from work just a few weeks ago. The people were excellent and the food was too. We both had an order of fried (rather than boiled) potato & onion pierogies. They were a great value for the price and were served with a side of sour cream. The diced and caramelized onions were also served on the side.

I had the Salmon and mashed potato special and my buddy had a chicken dish. Both were excellent and the portions were generous. We were too full for dessert & I had to take part of my salmon dish home. He also had a couple of Imported German beers.

All in all, we both really liked Zabava's and are putting it into our "rotation" of weekly places to go!

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '18

It's open as a Restaurant and bar now.. Ukrainian cuisine.. bar is pretty good too

DeeDee DeeDee
Feb '19

What are the hours?

Thanks!

YeahRight YeahRight
Feb '19

There was a nuclear reactor meltdown at a plant outside of Kiev... I think it was called Chernobyl.

ianimal ianimal
Feb '19

Zabava is collecting medical supplies to ship to the brave souls in Ukraine, if anyone is interested in donating.

https://wrnjradio.com/how-to-help-ukraine-banquet-and-catering-hall-in-warren-county-collecting-medical-supplies/

ianimal ianimal
Mar '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Zabava Catering & Banquet Hall (former Crystal Swan)
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.