Free or low cost FAX?

Anyone know of a close place to send a fax for a few bucks - or less?!

From time to time, I need to fax papers - usually for insurance, or financial aid for my kids. The Htown Library used to have one for $1.00 a fax, but no more.

A lot of the time the faxes are to Trenton or farther, and Staples is expensive!

Any thoughts?? Thanks!!

I use https://faxzero.com/ - ping me if you need help

skippy skippy
Apr '15

Not sure but I'll bet there are some for sale at the various garage sales this weekend. If not they are only about $60 at Staples anyway.

I've got two fax machines for sale in the yard sale, one is an all-in-one. They're $10 each if that helps.

Otherwise I know Staples, UPS Store, and My Corner Office all offer it, but don't know their prices to compare.

I've used www.gotfreefax.com. You upload your documents to the website and they fax it. You can do a certain amount for free and then I believe it's a very low cost. But the convenience is what I love! I can fax documents from the comfort of my own home, at any time. (I really don't send that many faxes but when I need to, it's convenient!)

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Apr '15

Check out srfax.com the have a low cost plan for about $3.50 for 25 pages a month.

steve steve
Apr '15

Do people still fax? maybe use online forms and / or send via email.................

Muddle along and wait for black Friday to pick up either combo printer/fax or fax. I actually usually spend about $10 - 20 for a machine; however, mine still use an expensive stencil paper roll to print so I usually just use them for sending.

Staples will fax, not sure the price.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '15

The thermal rolls aren't worth the $10. The give you a starter roll that lasts two pages and then you'll have a coronary when you go back to buy a real sized roll.

For $10 at a yard sale you can get an ink jet that scans as well as prints and FAX's. If you can do email you've got a solution for that too. Sometimes you can even get a laser for that price at a yard sale, or maybe even a little bit cheaper. Too many businesses have these machines around that have to go somewhere.

Either work for me since I only send, and $10 is $10. Haven't received a non pc fax in over a decade. But yes, ink jet is better but unless you are using as combined print/fax, cartridges still get a bit expensive to receive if fax only especially if like me where the ink would probably dry.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '15

Go to Staple's, it is cheap. If you are only going to use a fax a few times, why have a fax machine gathering dust in your house?

For those of you recommending Staples, please READ the entire post from OP. It clearly states STAPLES is not an option. Geez....

Just Me
Apr '15

Where is OP's post?????

OP = "original poster" I Believe

Steven Steven
Apr '15

i guess it is too hard to type 'man'! Is there a glossary I was supposed to master prior to participation? :) ILAL

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.