Wedding Vendors

Hi! I am getting married on a budget in June of next year and would appreciate any dj/photographer/florist recommendations or warnings on who to stay away from! I did look through all the old threads which brings up my problem! I have a budget for all three combined of $5000, so while I read about some awesome photographers, $3000 is just not affordable for me. Any help would be great, I am starting to get very discouraged!

Kit87 Kit87
Apr '15

My daughter used a freelance photographer. He was a teacher who loved photography and did it on the side for a few extra dollars. He did a fantastic job and made albums for the bride and groom as well as both sets of parents. I don't remember what he charged, but it was a fraction of what a professional would. This might be something for you to consider. He was recommended by a friend of theirs. I don't know how you would go about finding someone who does this. Sadly the man who did theirs has passed away, or I would give you his name.

Tanya Tanya
Apr '15

http://www.aokimages.com/

Stay AWAY from Eloquent Studios for photography and videography. I'm still bitter about the money I spent and the quality of service and product we received. Biggest wedding regret.

I do recommend Conway's Creations (florist) in Morris Plains. Very accommodating and will work with whatever budget you have to create beautiful decor.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '15

I was extremely lucky to find Brettlyn Roberts to photograph our wedding. I was on an extreme budget - like, considering having no photographer at all. Her rates were great, and the CD she gave us of all the photos was packaged beautifully. Turn-around time on the photos was fast.

http://www.brettlynrobertsphotography.com/

Challah Challah
Apr '15

We LOVED. Rick life studios for our videographer!!!! Google them and you can watch sample videos! It was under $2000... But that was a few years ago so idk now. They make movie trailers for your video! Super fun, cheaper than anyone else we spoke with.

NoUseForAname NoUseForAname
Apr '15

Find a photographer that is willing to shoot your wedding and just give your the CD of the pictures for you to print yourself. No albums and all the fancy additions. We paid ours $600 for 5 hours and then just printed the pics we wanted in the sizes we wanted.

Save hundreds on the officiant. Anyone can go online and get ordained to officiate at a wedding. Perfectly legal and little to no cost. Why not have a friend or loved one officiate? They know you best anyway!

Tell the florist your budget and most will try to work with you. Adding more leafy greens to bouquets and centerpieces etc keeps the cost down.

DJs and venues are typically cheaper if you have your wedding on a Sunday or other off-peak day (not a Fri/Sat night).

Good luck and Congrats!

Really?
Apr '15

DJ - Lunden Fog. Local guy, great service.

btownguy btownguy
Apr '15

Thank you everyone!

Kit87 Kit87
Apr '15

Another vote for DJ Lunden Fog.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

DJ Lunden Fog (908) 475 - 3116

Would highly recommend DJAnthonyL, local DJ, super fun time and reasonable rates. his phone number is 908-235-6649 or email is DJAnthonyL908@gmail.com.

Love this guy.

Kathy
Apr '15

I used shop rite florist for my wedding flowers. They did a great job and the price was fantastic. I got my bouquet, a tossing bouquet, 2 brides maids bouquets and I think 6 corsage and the total was around 150-200 for everything (maybe even less, I can't remember). I must admit I was on a budget too so I went there with the colors I wanted in mind and I let the experts do the job from there. They were beautiful and a great price.

helper helper
Apr '15

Shoprite actually does great flowers, highly recommend!

Sandy Sandy
Apr '15

My husband is a dj give me a call at 908-887-3256 His name is Ben.

We used Florist on the Square 112 Main Street and she was phenomenal! Our DJ was PartyCrashers, and again, they were phenomenal! I would hire both in a hearbeat again!!!

partyplanning partyplanning
Apr '15

Thanks! I'll have to look into all of these

Kit87 Kit87
Apr '15

For DJ, I highly recommend http://www.rikkistarr.com/Rikki_Starr_Entertainment/Home.html

We thought he was very affordable and a great value for what you pay! He kept all ages dancing and having a great time! He was great and very easy to work with.

somechik somechik
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.