Late night date ideas in Htown area

I'm going on my second date with someone tomorrow evening at 8pm. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to take her?

larryG larryG
Apr '15

applebees maybe?

skippy skippy
Apr '15

I know a couple dark parking lots......if that's what you are asking?

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

To eat, or just hang out, or something before a movie? I'd suggest Mezza or Churrascaria if you want to make a whole evening of just the meal. Try either Pandan or Little Tokyo if you want to eat and then do something else.

I think Bea McNally's is open later, or maybe Mattar's?

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Apr '15

A movie?

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Apr '15

Taphouse Grill.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

There's a pool hall in town now, isn't there?

Tracy Tracy
Apr '15

larryG, if you want a 3rd date then I wouldn't suggest Applebeas...lol
If you are looking for LATE night, then that would be entertainment places I guess. Blackstone may be nice. They sometimes have live music. Mattar's, Panther Pub?!

villani villani
Apr '15

Sorry, meant Taphouse, not Blackstone.

villani villani
Apr '15

There just so happens to be a play on at Centenary Stage -
http://centenarystageco.org/

trekster3- trekster3-
Apr '15

If you want quiet and romantic for dinner...Take her to the Pump House and ask to sit in one of the back booths...Very cozy and you can talk. After you might want to see a movie over at the Mansfield Cinema.

joyful joyful
Apr '15

I like joyful's idea. Since you are still getting to know one another, a nice dinner in a quiet atmosphere would be a great way to start the evening.

As a single woman on the dating scene please do not suggest Applebee's for your 2nd date.

Buffy Buffy
Apr '15

Applebees - yuck! Joyful has the best suggestion.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Apr '15

Tap House. Outdoor dining and live tunes afte 8 pm

Bea McNallys too had a nice porch, too.

Pump House for sure for outdoor dining.

Mamas.
Or you could ask your date! If you want to surprise her or fear disappointment bring flowers:)

Pandan room has great atmosphere, interesting food, and is quiet enough to talk.

Sandy Sandy
Apr '15

If you feel like driving to Byram, SALT gastropub is awesome and I believe they have acoustic music.

I like the Tap House Idea....You can eat, talk, continue to get to know one another, and then enjoy live music later in the evening.

Arby's is open late.

2 cents
Apr '15

Arbys? That's a cheap date. LOL!

Apr '15

Can't go wrong with Taco Bell!

Booster90 Booster90
Apr '15

Dinner at Taco Bell followed up with drinks at Stage Dolls... that's a top-notch evening that any young lady would consider herself lucky to experience.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

Definitely bring flowers. You can find a free bouquet on the side of 517 in Allamuchy.

Gadfly Gadfly
Apr '15

LMAO Gadfly!

Actually, I wouldn't want a date bringing me flowers if we were meeting at the date location.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Gadfly OMG LMAO.

I know i shouldn't laugh, but it was a funny line.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Apr '15

best thing i heard all day gadfly!!!!

missrx missrx
Apr '15

Have a good time larryG. We are hoping you have a great 2nd date. And a 3rd and .................

Apr '15

Gadfly,
A larger bouquet would be more impressive.
If you had your thinking cap on you would have suggested finding one at Union Cemetery.

hapiest girl
Apr '15

Just don't take her to ihop and the pool hall. You won't get a third date.

sunflower222 sunflower222
Apr '15

I would suggest out of town. Black horse pub has music on the weekends,
Shanghai Jazz will wow her for sure in Madison, Easton Pa. has some cool restaurants, But if you have to stay in Hackettstown than the best restaurant is Fujiyama. Upstairs or Down. They will entertain you and the food is amazing

sunflower222 sunflower222
Apr '15

Bells Mansion in Stanhope would impress as well.

If you head to Washington Twp or Chester there's the Long Valley Brew Pub and Publick House in Chester.

Hope you had a good second date. The rest of them hopefully will go well too.

Apr '15

How did it go Larry??

Apr '15

Now someone said Cemetery that would be so cool a good flash light and you walk among the stones and read a name or so . on a moon lite night take her in your arms hold her close and look in to her eyes deeply and then place a soft kiss on her lips very cool

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Apr '15

lol! Caged Animal...that sounds like a scene out of a movie. I don't know if I would ever want to go to a cemetery on a date, but definitely not the second one!! I would think the guy was creepy or had some weird fetish or something.

Come on Larry! I've been waiting for 6 days already to see how your second date turned out. Can't sleep, eat or work thinking about this.
Before all the funny remarks start....LOL
Really though, I hope all turns out great.

sallysimpson sallysimpson
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.