Lilly Pulitzer for Target

Did anybody go to target sunday to get the Lilly pulitzer line? I heard it was sold out by 8:30am. I went there and I don't even understand where it was set up!

Kevin Sweeney Kevin Sweeney
Apr '15

I was wondering the same thing! I was there Saturday and didn't see where they were planning to set it up?!? I wonder if maybe they did not get the full line and if they will receive anymore? Inquiring minds need tot know, I am huge Lilly fan so I'm as curious as you Mr. Sweeney

Whats Lilly? I see Kohls has Milly, coming 4/23.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Apr '15

Lilly for target . It's a designer who designed for target. She designed clothes , accessories, and home stuff. Normally her stuff is sold at bloomingdales.

Apr '15

Target released info yesterday that said it was a limited stock and they were not receiving anymore. I missed it :( and online was sold out instantly

Never heard of it. Kids, teens, adults clothes??

Apr '15

Why is everybody so crazy over it? The news showed people crowding the doors to get in. I just don't understand the pandemonium over such things. That is some good marketing they have going on.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Apr '15

BBYU:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2015/04/20/lilly-pulitzer-may-be-good-for-retail-but-its-terrible-fashion/

darwin darwin
Apr '15

Ewww! Looks like the 70's gone even more wrong. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

DARWIN - Thanks. I don't like Target clothes to start with and this just makes it worse. Sold out??
To each their own. ; )

Apr '15

Wow, this is just not my taste. You would have to pay me to wear their clothes. It's like those wacky Vera Bradley bags. I think they are the uggliest designs I've ever seen. I don't mean to insult anyone's taste. I guess I'm pretty boring when it comes to clothes and patterns.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Apr '15

Tough crowd . The bags and home stuff were adorable . Obviously a lot of ppl did like it if it was sold out insanly fast. Who doesn't like target clothes? Walmart people I'm assuming ! Ew majorly gross !

Apr '15

Kevin - Walmart has a better selection. More for the 50+ crowd then Target.
You sound like a friend of mine. Won't shop Walmart but goes to every yard sale she sees.

Apr '15

Walmart has better clothes than target ???? Lmao now that's funny

Missrx Missrx
Apr '15

Oh la la I would like your friend :-) but I'm not a yard sale person. I can see what your saying about Walmart tho for 55+ :-) target is a bit younger

Apr '15

Missrx - Target is for the younger group, like Kevin and I said.

Apr '15

I was there at 7:30 am and was about the 30th person in line and by the time the store opened it was closer to 100. I was pulling away at 8:09 with things (home & kids) and everything was sold out except for nail polish and a few minor items. This Target had very limited stock. The funny thing is that once the store opened a few people actually ran to get stuff AND it was the men :-)

Even when I'm 50 I won't buy clothes at Walmart.

Missrx Missrx
Apr '15

Lilly Pulitzer is Palm Beach chic. It was worn by Jackie O. The normal designer LP stuff is expensive, so this was meant to be a lower priced line made especially for Target. It's not really my thing, but some of the stuff is cute. What I don't get is why make such a limited quantity of it. Also, it's just deplorable how most of the nuts that went buying this stuff are now selling it on Ebay for like 300% markup. For that you could probably buy real LP.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '15

This happens every single time target releases a designer line. It gets bought to by people with the intention of reselling at a markup. They will return it to the stores in a couple weeks when they can't get the exorbitant prices. Just keep watching when you go to the stores. They won't get more, but the returns will go back out.

Njchia Njchia
Apr '15

I don't mind shopping at Target for clothes but I won't go out of my way for anything. And, just because someone doesn't like shopping at Target for clothes doesn't mean they get their garments at Walmart. Maybe they have more expensive taste.

Kohls is another overpriced marketing sham. They mark their items up so high that you think you are getting a deal with your 20%/30% coupon. Depending on the item, their clothes are, for the most part, poorly made and not very nice. I like the Nike stuff but the discounts don't usually apply.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Apr '15

I think its ridiculous. The clothes sold at Target are not the same as the Bloomingdale's designer brand. To sell them for so more than they are worth on Ebay is insane.

NancyU NancyU
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.