2015 Landscaping Thread

Need someone for a small landscape renewal. Prep bed for new plantings, low wall or edging, dirt, mulch, etc. Called 2 on previous thread, and they are not listed anymore. Any good, honest people in the Hackettstown area that you'd recommend?

USAfirst USAfirst
Apr '15

Penning's landscape - great work. I'm a satisfied customer! 973 337 0086

Penning's here too. Nice guy as well.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Apr '15

Another vote for Penning's!! A great guy all around. He is knowledgeable, fair, and easy to work with:)

Skyview just did a wonderful job for me. Neat, clean, dependable and reasonable prices. Click link below for information from previous thread posted here.

http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/609402#recent

luvlife
Apr '15

Garden Grove Landscaping. Very good work. Reasonable pricing. 908-763-2634

sammy
Apr '15

You can't go wrong with either Pennings or Garden Grove. Matt at Garden Grove is an expert at hardscaping. I've seen some of the stone walls he has built and his work is incredible. Both are reliable and their prices are fair.

DrBob DrBob
Apr '15

Cuts Plus Landscaping, Local father/son company out of Long Valley

973-713-2707

https://www.facebook.com/CutsPLUSLandscaping

Ben Waller Ben Waller
Apr '15

Thanks to all...especially to JeffersonRepub, and Pennings... for your input. We had a few estimates and call backs tonight. It seems we have a lot to consider before attempting this project this year.
Keep the recommendations coming, I'm sure I am not the only person taking notes on this subject.

USAfirst USAfirst
Apr '15

No problem, thanks for calling, like I said, we don't do stone work generally, and I'm definitely not your best option for a job like that. Plenty of other companies specialize in it, and are more capable than I am. I'd rather you get the job done to your satisfaction by someone else than I do it and have it not be up to par. Good luck on your search!

penningslandscaping penningslandscaping
Apr '15

Let us know how it goes, and who you end up using..... choosing someone to do stonework/hardscape is a big deal... because that stuff is going to be there a LONG time (hopefully).... you really want it done right. Even if it costs a little more.

It's unfortunate that Boutin is no longer in business- he was great... he told me who he sold his business too (and now works for), but I have forgotten.... does anyone remember?

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Apr '15

Yes, he sold it to Corvelli Brothers...I don't have the number handy, but Jerry is working for them.

Yankeefan Yankeefan
Apr '15

KTB Landscaping does great work.. They have a website so you can check out some of their work.....
Also can't go wrong with a free estimate. I'm pretty sure they do everything your asking about...
Here is the number (908)966-6913 Kevin Burdge.
they are listed in the services on here too if that helps.

lola29
Apr '15

KTB Landscaping. Kevin did great work at my house ripping out big old overgrown shrubs and then planting gorgeous new shrubs I wanted!
He also does great work with pavers and patios, very helpful and honest!
908-966-6913

papoose
Apr '15

We used Kevin's landscaping he just did a walkway for us and also landscaped the front yard. We are also now using him to cut our lawn. Very reasonable prices!
I called a few other landscapers and did not get any calls back, when my husband called them they answered.

The office number is 908 637 4321
And he emailed a lot of photos of different plants we might like
Kevinslawnservice74@comcast.net

Greatmeadowsfamily Greatmeadowsfamily
Apr '15

Sky view did an AMAZING job for us in clearing our neglected, overgrown property! Michael, Wilmer and their crew took down dead trees and honeysuckle bushes, carried them up our hill and chipped the whole mess giving us 25 yards of mulch over 5 days. Quick response, hard work and reasonable rates! Fine young men who are polite and honest! Now they maintain our lawn beautifully! Highly recommended to anyone needing help with landscaping. Their number is 908-399-4163.

M. W. Ryder M. W. Ryder
Jul '15

I am looking for someone who will come just to mow and weedwack my lawn, I really don't need any other yard work done at this time. Son left for college and we just don't have the time..Any suggestions? I have contacted some of the suggestions above. just wondering is there are any others. Thank you

townmom townmom
Sep '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.