Harrington Contractors of Chester

Hi - Has anyone used Harrington Contractors for putting in a new driveway? If so were you happy with the work? Were the workers neat, on time and thorough with their work? Thanks any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I got an estimate from them and from Scenic out of Long Valley. Wound up going with Scenic because I liked what they had to say better. Both were similarly priced. Major difference is that Scenic didn't strip and pave in one day. They came, stripped out the old asphalt, put in crushed stone where required, and let it sit for a week to let it set up before putting the asphalt down. I'd heard that was the best way.

They did a very nice neat job. Nothing against Harrington, I've heard good things about them as well.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

Hi to MeisterNJ - Harrington doesn't strip and pave in one day. They told us they strip it out and let it sit for a few days up to a week and then come back to pave it. We read up on redoing driveways and the article said it is best to sit and set up for up to a week before the asphalt is put down.(Same information that you heard). This was one of quite a few questions we asked when getting the estimate from Harrington. Thanks for your input. All information and opinions are helpful.

Well, when they gave me the estimate, they were going to or pave the next day. Like I said, I've heard good things about them and would have no trouble using them. If you search, there are a few threads on paving on this forum as well. Good luck.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

Harrington Contractors are great!

nutty nutty
Apr '15

We used Harrington for our driveway. We were very pleased.

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Apr '15

We used Scenic (twice!) because we knew them personally and were very happy with them. I have heard many good things about Harrington and would be comfortable using them as well.

LVMomOfBoys LVMomOfBoys
Apr '15

Could you tell us about the cost?
We need ours done and the estimates from two places (one of them mentioned above) are in the $15k range.
Thank you

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.