Best place to buy quality leather couches?

Any advice on where to go? Seems like no one likes Ashley and some of those other low quality places. Looking for real, durable leather at fair prices. Any advice is appreciated.

Nicholas Nicholas
Apr '15

It depends on what you're willing to pay. The prices are pretty much "fair", wherever you go. If you want to spend less than a grand, you're mostly stuck at Ashley or Bob's or somewhere like that. If you are only looking to spend in the $1,000 to 2,000 range, you should probably check out Paymour and Shenanigans. If you don't mind paying $2,500 or more, then Ethan Allen has way nicer stuff.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

For the BEST pricing for furniture try
Sweet Dreamzzz in Budd Lake
973) 527-7600

Suburban furniture Ledgewood!!! If they don't have what your looking for they will order it for you for a bargain.

Scott logan
Apr '15

Suburban has always had good quality .

Steven Steven
Apr '15

Raymour and Flanigan

I wasn't happy with my purchase from Paymour and Shenanigans. Check out Unclaimed Freight.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Apr '15

Don't have any suggestions, but be sure to check the label before you order. I paid the higher $$, and found out later, it was made in China. So far it is holding up great, and it doesn't sag at all, but I would rather have had "Made in USA".

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Apr '15

Unclaimed Freight is junk. The best furniture we ever got was from Ethan Allen. Sorry I sold it! There is just junk out there now. Stuff doesn't last like my 1920's Victorian bedroom set. The stool to the vanity is still going strong. Got my kitchen set at Suburban chairs didn't last 8 yrs. Had them reglued professionally and within a year they were loose again.

Teenie
Apr '15

I recently purchased a bedframe from Harry Loory Fine Furniture in Dover. Had a great experience there, knowledgeable staff and my bed came in a lot faster than expected.

If I were going for leather and I wanted to be pretty careful about quality I would avoid Suburban. I'd go for Crate and Barrel, West Elm and....well I'm not sure where else.
You can get some sense of how things hold up by googling complaints with the name of the store and possibly the product, It can be pretty eye opening.

5catmom 5catmom
Apr '15

There isn't much furniture made in the US unfortunately. Many companies have moved the manufacturing to China.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '15

Restoration Hardware has excellent leather furniture - very high quality, durable, comfortable. Prices are reflective of these characteristics.

Annie Gables
Apr '15

due some research
about leather... the cheaper "leather" sofas are typically bonded leather which really isn't even leather at all and is why the prices are low.

Old School
Apr '15

I like Flemington Department Store for furniture, though I've no experience with leather.

Trying2Save Trying2Save
Apr '15

If you have kids and dogs do you really need high quality leather. All you really need is an easy surface to wipe down with no muss or fuss....I have given up on higher quality product until the kids are all above 15-16......

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Apr '15

15-16? I suggest wait til kids are gone. LOL!

Teenie
Apr '15

Good point Teenie....

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.