Cherry Blossoms Branch Brook Park

Does anyone know if the Cherry Blossom trees in Branch Brook Park (Newark, Belleville) are in bloom? I did try to google.

They were last week I believe. So it on the news.

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Apr '15

I use to live right there, 25+ years ago. They were beautiful! Don't know if they are still blooming.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Apr '15

given the cold winter, I'd think you would be on the early end of the blooms... D.C. was in full bloom last week

bill5 bill5
Apr '15

Clyde Potts, I think there was an annual festival last week. I'm not sure that means they were in bloom. I live at the top of a hill. Nothing is blooming yet, just a hint of yellow on some forsythia.

I found this blog. It's dated a couple days ago. Apparently, peak should be this weekend.

http://mvobsession.com/2015/04/15/branch-brook-park-cherry-blossoms/

bothered - I grew up not far from there myself and have tons of childhood pictures of my family there during the bloom.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Thanks Calico. Sometimes we miss out on the gems so close to home. I may go tomorrow, but didn't want to make the drive to see some naked trees.

Yes, they are indeed. Here is the direct Web site of the park where the festival continues this weekend:

http://www.essexcountyparks.org/parks/branch-brook-park/calendar/2015-essex-county-cherry-blossom-festival

Thanks iRun!

No problem. I am over the moon about going to this, especially since the weather is supposed to be stellar this weekend.

Calico - small world. I grew up in Hillside and moved to Newark when I was in my early 20's. Not the best place. Car got stolen once. Tried to steal another one of my cars a few months later. Man across the courtyard got murdered and lady that lived above me got attacked once night coming in. That was scary!! Moved out after about 2 years. Cherry blossoms were nice though. haha!

Apr '15

Thanks Calico. Sometimes we miss out on the gems so close to home. I may go tomorrow, but didn't want to make the drive to see some naked trees.

maja

NAKED TREES, where? I am there. lol

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Apr '15

Is Naked Trees like Naked and Afraid? Now there's a show for you Clyde. ; )

Apr '15

Be careful Clyde. Naked tress are nothing but hard wood ;-)

Be careful Clyde. Naked tress are nothing but hard wood ;-)

maja

A comeback line is to easy, so I'll just let it go lmao

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Apr '15

My friends went today, Sat 4/19, and said they are barely blooming....not worth the trip yet. Wait till next weekend.

Cheryl Cheryl
Apr '15

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2015/04/hundreds_turn_out_to_annual_bloomfest_at_branch_br.html#incart_river

I used to enjoy going to Branch Brook Park to see the Cherry trees in bloom. I worked as a Mgr. at Strauss Auto at stores nearby (East Orange, Bloomfield & Belleville) and took any chance I could to travel through the park on the way from store to home as well. Never had any issues at any of the stores, though some of the associates that worked there did. One poor guy had just gotten his stolen Isuzu back and had parked it across the MLK Blvd. from the store and not half an hour later he looked out and noticed it was gone again. Stolen right in plain sight of the front of the store :-(

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '15

My cousin went yesterday and posted pictures. Looked like the trees were in bloom to me.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '15

Today's Star-Ledger has a picture of the trees in Branch Brook Park. They look lovely and in full bloom.

JBJSKJ JBJSKJ
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.