Great customer service

Being that there is too much negativity in the world, thought I would "give props" to great customer service. People are always so fast to complain about things, lets post good things that happen to us. I was in One Stop in Washington yesterday and the people working there couldn't have been more helpful. Friendly and nice too.
Today I was at Home Depot and the man that helped me was the friendliest guy I have ever dealt with there. Made suggestions and saved me money. I like that. :)
Maybe its the weather changing into spring and people are feeling happy and cheerful. So lets here your GOOD experiences.

(searched the site and didn't see any thread like this)
(I may even change my name on HL - too negative. lol)

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

Oh..I thought you didn't like the band u2...lol. Actually I think you're name is cool!

sallysimpson sallysimpson
Mar '15

Oh, thanks sally. Story behind it is the day I discovered HL, I was having a really, really bad day and that's the name I came up with. It really isn't my true feeling towards people. Just fit that day. LOL!

Mar '15

Maybe because I am a senior doddering old fool but I have found most of the service people in Hackettstown to be polite and helpful. I am always greeted and asked if I need help in Home Depot and Lowe's, the cashiers in Shop-Rite and Weis are friendly and ask if I found everything I needed. Occasionally a fast food worker will not know how to make change but I blame that on his parents who kept him from testing LOL. Restaurant workers always seem to be courteous and accommodating to my needs. My wife claims I live in a different world than most people but that is the only world I know.

Me to MK. I think it's because we old folks are more tolerant and not looking for a fight.

Old Gent Old Gent
Mar '15

Add me to the old folk list. 50+

Mar '15

I think the issue may be the way we were raised. I know my parents taught me to respect others and be open to new things. I personally do not have many bad mood days I know that if I have the mood of not wanting to be bothered with anything or anyone I don't go shopping. I also was raised not to pre-judge people on look, hair, color, race, height, weight, or any of the things that seem to annoy people on this forum. I have met a fair number of younger people who seem to lack patience. It seems in their world if it isn't instantly available then something is wrong.

I love going to Sub Shack and they already reach for the dressings I want without having to ask.

I love going to Demi's and talking like old friends for 10 mins without thinking I even had to come in to buy something.

I love going into Hackettstown Health Food and before I can even hover over the section I want to look at they tell me it's on order and will arrive in 2-3 days.

I love going to Camp's and they tell me to go home. I love it even more when they tell people I know to go home. ;-)

Around here, I even love going to the dentist. ;-)

In short I love it when they *know* me.

The service at quik checks on 517 is incredible both at the gas pump and in the store. Even in the snow storms, the gas attendants were courteous. And at the other quik checks in town the employees are just as pleasant!

Same with target.

GC I must agree with you on all 3! Mr. Camp and his staff have never let me down and they're so very nice to deal with.

The gentleman at Demi's is so friendly and welcoming and the ladies at the health food store are so helpful and knowledgeable. One time I was suffering a very bad sinus condition and I went in and asked them if they had a fresh juice to help? Bing, bang, boom! I had a fresh juice in hand that worked better than any 4 hour dose of medication I was taking :)

I also received excellent customer service at the PNC in Budd Lake from the second I walked in until the second I left. Fabulous!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Mar '15

I also had an incredible server at Tap Room who didn't flinch when we requested seperate checks! But we left a wonderful group tip!

I was ready to check out at the Quick Chek on Mountain ave. Tom, an employee, who was ahead of me in line, stepped out of line and let me go infront of him. I appreciated thay very much.

mansfield mama mansfield mama
Mar '15

The employees at Target are always so helpful and I agree with the service at the Taphouse.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Mar '15

If you have laugh crinkles around your eyes and a pleasant expression you just get better service.

hktownie hktownie
Mar '15

I always chit chat with my retail associates. I do appreciate their work and feel that conversation leads to better customer service and vice versa.

The new Pet Valu location has been great. I brought my dog in to use the new pet wash and they were great, got me all set up with towels , shampoo, really nice place with great service.

I will add to this and say the gentlemen at STS in Byram on 206 were very kind and helpful to me today with a stressful car situation!!!

Went to friendly s today. Staff very nice

catlover07840 catlover07840
Mar '15

We just used Hackettstown Flooring for the carpet in our new house. We are very pleased with the service we received. It was a pleasure dealing with them and we are very happy with our new carpet.

I also received good service at our Hackettstown Lowes the other day. I was waiting on line holding my squirmy toddler in one arm, and a can of paint in the other and an employee opened up a register to ring me up so I didn't have to wait. I was surprised and thankful.

Tracy Tracy
Apr '15

I must add George, from Precision Collision on Mountain Ave.to the list of great customer service.
My dear aunt, mid 80's needed a replacement side view mirror for her 1992 Toyota Tercel.
George was very kind taking time to find a used one online. He only charged her $40 for the mirror & &10 to put it on.
A very honest business man, I was relieved how kind he was to seniors.
In the past I know my aunt has been taken advantage of, by other businesses.
Thank you George!

susan susan
Apr '15

OK, this one is weird and seems different from a couple of years ago but......

United HealthCare (UHC) has great customer service.

Recently used out-of-network (oon) doctor at hospital. They billed $180 to insurance. Rule 1: always check your health plan web site for the price they say you should pay for any doctor.

UHC website said “bargained for” fee was $150 but deductible had not been fulfilled so bill the patient. They billed me $180. When I called, DR’s office said since oon and insurance not used, pay $180.

So I called UHC and asked, is that right? Insurance said DR, while oon, has “agreement,” not contract with insurance for lower price and that’s what I should pay. Cool.

Here’s the cool customer service part: insurance offered to call DR and fix it. And cooler yet, they offered to call while I wait on hold or they would get back to me with results. Wow, that’s service.

Now that’s a good reason for insurance to exist; two phone calls, less than 15 minutes and saved 15%. Sure, only $30, but hey ---- there’s principle and interest and my principles were interested :>)

And UHC customer service did all the work even though there was nothing really in it for them. Lately they have been like this whenever I have called with a question.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.