Verizon DSL outage - College View

Our dsl has been out all day ever since the storms last night. Went through all the usual reboots and tests. Wondering if anyone else has been out. College view section. Thanks

Stevericc
Mar '15

did you call I'm in Kenwood and everything is good

Has anyone else been having DSL issues in the College view/Grand Ave area? My router drops its connection every ten min or so. Red DSL light flashes. Green internet light goes out. Then after a few min green light comes back and then connects. Just curious is it could be my router. I rebooted it.. it is a ADSL DSL-2750 router if that matters.

Grascal
Aug '15

In College View area ... No problems all day!

Toolboxsue Toolboxsue
Aug '15

Yeah, it's been very unstable. Almost ready to jump ship for Comcast internet but even that seems to have more issues.

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '15

having problems in kenwood too. at least yesterday and today. drops in and out - definitely not on our end. double checked all network settings locally.

sendmeaninternetplz
Aug '15

This morning. In and out service on htown border with independence.

A good day
Aug '15

I did not think anybody used DSL anymore..lol

whatsup
Aug '15

I live on the other side of town and have been having difficulty.

Sport
Aug '15

Same issue in College View. Internet keeps dropping from my router at about 10-15 minute intervals. Verizon support, in their infinite wisdom, are sending me a new router. I suggested someone ask the guys on Valentine St. what gives but I got silence on the line.

Bill Conforti Bill Conforti
Aug '15

They sent a "test" to our router. We turned it off/on and now it appears to be working.

A good day
Aug '15

Oops. Broken again. Trying to get a human on phone. Any one else still having issues?

A good day
Aug '15

Also having trouble... Countryside... Called Verizon and they sold me a new router...then I saw all of this... called them back to crank ... they don't quite believe me that it is area wide.. as nobody else has complained..said 24-48 hours.

I used this phone number 877-502-2876 and got some "humans" without too much trouble... so folks, start calling!

Konzertstuck Konzertstuck
Aug '15

Called and spoke to human. Also they said no reports to them of issues in area. Someone is coming out tomorrow to check it.

A good day
Aug '15

Might be too late now but you should never have to pay for a new modem. I've received free replacement modems twice. With the last incident (only a few months back), they tried to charge me $30. I told them it was only the wireless router part that I was having issues with. I had purchased a dedicated wireless router and simply wanted instructions on how to convert their router/modem into only a modem. Anyway, by the end of the conversation, they voluntarily agreed to send me 2 different model router/modems for free (I didn't even push for it to be free.)

Still haven't figured out how to disable the router part of unit.

emaxxman emaxxman
Aug '15

I'm having lots of trouble - diconnect - connect - disconnect every few minutes. I called Verizon and they certainly acted like it was a singular problem. But, they are sending out a service person on Thursday (Thursday!!!).

Evv. Are you in this area? Hackettstown and surrounding towns?

A good day
Aug '15

Since I first started this thread back in March the dsl problem has gone from bad to worse to ridiculous! Like most of you I have gone through all the steps: Called, had techs visit, swapped modems ,rebooted, restarted etc.
Removed as much of old , unused phone lines as possible, tightened connections etc.
Ran a line direct from the network interface device (box outside the house) and got a sometimes stronger signal.
Bottom line , as most of us know landlines are gradually going away. Verizon has sold off most of their copper lines to third parties and has already settled a suit based on their not providing FIOS to any more areas.
(I learned more about this company than I really wanted to know! lol)
You probably know that the workers threatened a strike earlier this month and some reports of delays or damage to phone lines or equipment have been reported.
The company has stated their goal is to focus solely on wireless.
Our only other option is cable and I have followed many of your complaints about Comcast on here.
For now, it looks like we have to ride it out , keep on them as long as we pay for the service and wait for something better.
Sorry for the length. Wanted to get It all out before my DSL started blinking again!

stevericc
Aug '15

Well at least it is not me! They are sending a replacement modem/router as well. I tried to tell him I set up my old router directly to the box it connected but started doing the same thing... he said they cannot send a person to check the line till I try the new modem.... grrr...Hopefully by the time I hit submit here it will still be connected. We need other affordable options in Hackettstown! What's funny is it has been rock solid for two years till yesterday afternoon.... Odd...

Grascal
Aug '15

True I have had no issues with it for years.

A good day
Aug '15

Hmm, they are paving out there in the Collegeview area. I wonder if the equipment could have disturbed the lines somewhere.

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '15

Phil, I have same problems in Countryside area.

We have Comcast. Other then then the price I have no problems with it. We have had a few cable boxes crap out but that is an easy fix. I don't even call anymore I just jump in the car swap the cable box out and back to the house. The internet router just needs to be reset once in a while. I would suspect to be updated.

The problem seems to have been eliminated in the country side area. Internet fine thus far today.

They fixed the issue with internet. My thanks to verizon. The service man came early today to my home and whatever he did and the folks on valentine st it is fixed and the speed is optimal.

A good day
Aug '15

oooohhhhhhhhhhh yes, many months of DSL probs. Call Verizon & ask for credit for services not received; every day if you have to. Then call and request a tech, every time. They will blame something in your house and then "ALL of a sudden", the same problems I had, just 'went away'.
Yes I am in your area...same ongoing problems for many months...But it 'seems to me', between multiple credits to account and 4 "technician checks" my problems just disappeared. A 'miracle'.....
Good Luck and keep calling. If you do NOT call to claim interference with service then no $ credit. This seems to "cure" a Verizon problem.
Landlines needed, to fax etc...What will happen if satellites go out?
PS- Static on line? Dropped calls? etc?

I'm no longer complaining :) Just received my free replacement router. My DSL magically cured itself last Tuesday. So nice new router on the shelf as a spare :)

Grascal
Aug '15

We have been having problems with verizon DSL for many months. Called many times, had a technician come, they say there is nothing they can do. The service is awful, it cuts out, weak connection etc... So, since we need the internet( we have 2 teachers in our house, we are switching to xfinity... They are suppose to come today to hook us up.

Grahamcracker Grahamcracker
Sep '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.