Spring Snow

Anybody else looking out the window and seeing everything covered with snow????

YAAAAAAHHHHH SNOW!!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

No snow here in PM.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Mar '15

Re: Spring Snow

Snow?

Of course.

Nope. Because it's SPRING now. All you snow lovers can pound sand!!! lol

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '15

Yes, woke up to snow in Port Murray

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

No snow here in town.

Christine Christine
Mar '15

There was a full blanket of snow up on the mountain in Mt. Olive this morning.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Mar '15

Ours never went away. Pic from yesterday - this is our driveway in the fog. :-(

What part of "Spring" does Mother Nature not understand?

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Some of the models show an Easter snowstorm!

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Mar '15

Say it ain't snow.

fuji
Mar '15

I say WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

No snow in my section of PM today.
Was in Raritan township, high elev and they had a little dusting.

Mar '15

We have some precip incoming from PA at this hour with temps right around freezing. Latest from NWS Mt Holly via social media for those hitting the roads *very early* this morning:

"Good evening everyone... for those getting up early Monday morning, do not be surprised if you find a slight coating of snow on the ground, especially higher terrain. A band of snow showers that might be briefly begin mixed with rain or freezing rain is expected to sweep through the area between 4 am and 7 am Monday. The precipitation wont be much and might last only an hour 2, but it may be enough to cause slippery travel, for portions of northeast Pa and Northern NJ along and north of I-78."

HAHAHAH! Snow wins, yet again! Have a fully accountable "dusting" in Hackettstown!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Break out that snowmobile Darrin! LOL

Mar '15

Sick of it!

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

was snowing at 330 am just love it

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Mar '15

I agree Calico - sick of it! Enough already ...

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Mar '15

I want to plant flowers...

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

I'm going golfing Saturday. I don't care what the damn weather is like.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

Nosila - Snow crocus.

The Tues night clipper actually looks interesting. Very small system so the exact track could change things but it could snow pretty hard for a few hours.

The weekend storm is starting to favor more rain than snow.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Mar '15

"The weekend storm is starting to favor more rain than snow."

BOOOOOOO!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Rat farts!!!!!!!

ianimal ianimal
Mar '15

I hear we may get something Tuesday night?

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Read the rest of my post Darrin.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Mar '15

i did, i am just egging on the crowd lol ;-)

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Typical Darrin style. ; )

Mar '15

Snow today? Really is that true?

just coach just coach
Mar '15

Just started snowing here (near the Russling Rd/ Barker's Mill Rd intersection)!!! I was walking down the driveway to get my mail and it started.

It's gorgeous down in the 'Holler. ;-)

Snowing yet it says it's 45 degrees out down on the ground. Can't beat that!!!

Mother Nature's April Fool's joke.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '15

Packing my bags for Barbados. Let me know when it's safe to come home.

Rebecka Rebecka
Mar '15

Should have stayed longer in Florida...

joyful joyful
Mar '15

It's coming down pretty good in Rockaway right now :- /

just saying is all just saying is all
Mar '15

HAHAHA ..... IT"S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Wow, the flakes are huge!! Almost looks fake!

Lifeistooshort Lifeistooshort
Mar '15

If this was happening tomorrow...I would be inclined to believe there was someone "up there" yelling to us all: ....APRIL FOOL!!!

joyful joyful
Mar '15

Frosty the Snowman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0uhieKvRXc

Sorry. Just thought I'd mention that. No particular reason....

Love it!

darlughh darlughh
Mar '15

Hard to believe it actually got up to 60 degrees today in south jersey.

This winter is never going to end. Some great pics!

https://www.facebook.com/JayEdwardsWRNJ/posts/429415750563578

ooonoo ooonoo
Mar '15

Yeah, this is kind of pissing me off right now...Winter is supposed to be over!!!

They just salted my road. This is nuts!!!

Darwin Darwin
Mar '15

So does that.classify as snow JR? Lol!

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

It is a pretty snowfall. Mesmerizing while driving, because the flakes are so large. Best thing to do is enjoy it :)

Two hands on the wheel, Darrin! And I hope to god those aren't used tires on that vehicle ;-)

This is pissing me off- I want to go outside and punch the crap out of every snowflake...but that will get me locked up throughout the summer

Nosila Nosila
Mar '15

Yesterday I was thinking - why my crocuses popped-up but don't open their blossoms? They knew snow is coming.

No good little rodent

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '15

Snow has rapidly wound down this evening. This was most likely our last snowfall for 2014-2015. What an incredible winter it's been but the damage is done. Our roads cracked/potholed and heaved are a disaster, I'm a couple pounds heavier and my wallet a little lighter thanks to the crazy heating bills!

I keep hearing about a major weather pattern change around next Wednesday 4/8 time frame. Hopeful that doesn't mean we go from snow to scorching 80 degree temps!!
I can remember a year or two ago in early Spring it actually got into the 80's and there was road salt still on the roads!

Drove thru some heavy snow tonight Darrin and thought of you. ;)

Mar '15

Crazy heating bills? I was just looking it over and thought they were quite reasonable despite the weather. Natural gas and oil are at their lowest prices in years. Different strokes.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '15

I agree Meister. I'm pleased with the heating prices this winter. Could have been a lot worse for sure.

Calico696 Calico696
Mar '15

Vic is probably on propane like me. It has not been a friendly winter.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Mar '15

Did the price of propane not drop along with the other heating fuels? Our feb gas bill was about %33 less compared to 2014.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '15

Natural gas heat here. Okay perhaps it could have been worse. Was paying about $300 a month for natural gas. Mind you that's for cooking, hot water, heating nearly 3000 sqft of living space and drying clothes.

That's about what I pay for the same uses. About 4000 sq. ft. of living space. Have had bills pushing 500 in the past.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Mar '15

Meister so many variables as you know.Thermostat settings etc. I bumped mine down to 68 degrees in late Jan after I got a feeling we would be in for one helluva winter. Anything less than that would be cause for World War 3 with the wife here in the house! LOL

Yes, there are many variables Vic. We keep the house around 68-70. House is sealed up pretty tight with extra insulation and I have two furnaces, so that helps with efficiency. Our gas bills for Jan and Feb 2014 were about $370. Last one we got was for ~$250. So this winter has been a surprise, pleasantly.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

We drove out to Mt Airy last night in the storm, and I was thinking of you guys too, lmao. Some spring snow storms just to remind you guys that even though your flowers are currently coming up, snow will return soon enough and defeat everything green!

JR hasn't returned from pounding sand so I could tell him to go build a snowman!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Storm? Half an inch of snow is not a storm. That would be one tiny snowman, full of grass and dirt, Darrin.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

"Half an inch of snow is not a storm."

I didn't know that you needed a certain about of snow to classify as a storm......where is the amount defined? ;-)

Doesn't matter if it didn't even stick, visibility was so bad you couldn't see 20 feet in front of you, and then it turned to ice, so yes, it was a storm

Also, I saw 3 inches where I was, more then enough for a grassy snowman!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

I picture Darrin as being the snowplow driver in the Dunkin Donuts commercial. One flake falls and he's all over it with his ten ton plow.

Just riling you up man. I do enjoy snow as well, just not as much as you apparently. Haha.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

I did snow plow a few years back, but it always cut into play time, although it was good money I have more fun now being able to do what I want, rather then work and by the time you got home and finally got some sleep it was all gone and over.

Anymore, I just love seeing it, I love the change from normal boring cold weather, whats the point of cold if everyone cannot have a free frosty in their front yard!?!?!?! I also enjoy the challenge of driving in it, and avoiding the drivers who don't know how to drive in it lol.

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

It is april 23rd and it is SNOWING HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! believe it! it is flurrying, snow wins again!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Get the snowmobile out Darrin! We got 4 inches. Oh, sorry, I mean 4 flurries. LOL! Not really. Nothing here in PM.

Apr '15

Hubby out mowing the grass while it's snowing (flurries). SICK!!

auntiel auntiel
Apr '15

Global warming eat you heart out!

NotAHhippie NotAHhippie
Apr '15

And a nor-easter may be on tap for next week!

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Apr '15

Jackpot!

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.